Bonjour LibriVox!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Leyf

Post by Leyf »

Hello from France!

My name is Léa, or Leyf, I'm a third year college student majoring in international relations but over the course of my degree, I have come to regret high school literature classes quite a bit. I discovered LibriVox in my senior year of high school (2017), as the recording of Richard III helped me when I was studying this play for my A-levels.
With the current events, I've been reading a lot, including out loud to myself and felt like a lunatic doing so. I'm also gonna be spending a lot of time indoors and my family is just soooo tired of my talkative self I thought I'd give reading aloud for strangers on the internet a go. I was always intrigued by how before the radio, TV and internet revolutions, families would gather in the living room and read the paper aloud, or novels and all. I want to recreate this kind of experience...
As I am a native French speaker, I plan on mostly reading stuff in French, but I might do a few short stories and poems in English (my accent is not too strong), and I plan on listening to stuff in Chinese and German too.

I do have one question on recording devices however... Like did you guys all buy a mike? I think my laptop's mike sounds very metallic... I need to try out more options, so I'm open to equipment suggestions under 25$!

Looking forward to your comments!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Leyf wrote: May 17th, 2020, 8:11 am Hello from France!

My name is Léa, or Leyf, I'm a third year college student majoring in international relations but over the course of my degree, I have come to regret high school literature classes quite a bit. I discovered LibriVox in my senior year of high school (2017), as the recording of Richard III helped me when I was studying this play for my A-levels.
With the current events, I've been reading a lot, including out loud to myself and felt like a lunatic doing so. I'm also gonna be spending a lot of time indoors and my family is just soooo tired of my talkative self I thought I'd give reading aloud for strangers on the internet a go. I was always intrigued by how before the radio, TV and internet revolutions, families would gather in the living room and read the paper aloud, or novels and all. I want to recreate this kind of experience...
As I am a native French speaker, I plan on mostly reading stuff in French, but I might do a few short stories and poems in English (my accent is not too strong), and I plan on listening to stuff in Chinese and German too.

I do have one question on recording devices however... Like did you guys all buy a mike? I think my laptop's mike sounds very metallic... I need to try out more options, so I'm open to equipment suggestions under 25$!

Looking forward to your comments!
Bonjour, Léa !

Je suis content de souhaiter la bienvenue à une lectrice francophone ! Tu sembles parler très bien anglais, et j'espère que tu vas aussi contribuer à nos projets anglophones. On n'a rien contre les accents ici. :)

Oui, je crois que la plupart de lecteurs ici ont acheté un microphone pour les enregistrements. Un microphone USB pas cher peut aider beaucoup la qualité de son. Tu peux trouver des recommandations sur la wiki de Librivox et les forums, mais je trouve que les modèles changent si souvent que ces discussions deviennent vite obsolètes. J'ai choisi mon microphone en regardant les critiques sur Amazon.

Michael