COMPLETE Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Ralph chapter 9

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/jackandjill_09_ralphevans.mp3

I had trouble accessing the Google Docs so I read this from the Gutenberg text. I may have missed some lines. :help:

It says in the text that Ralph sometimes adopts funny voices to amuse the children. I have tried to do this where appropriate :hmm:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

Twinkle, I was looking through the 'ready to edit' chapters before I began editing to get a sense of time/etc., and I noticed that in the sing-along audio for the song in Chapter 6 there is background music. Am I to include this music in the final edited chapter, or just the characters' singing?
Campbell
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Oh, maybe I'm too late to react. There should be no music in the recordings, and as far as the singing goes, I hope it's a public domain tune. Which tune is it? Or have we already discussed this and I forgot :mrgreen: :oops:
lymiewithpurpose

I can't say anything about it being public domain, but here is the link to the sing along I was referring to if that helps:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/jackandjill_theblessedday_singalong.mp3

I was just confused because in the sing alongs for other chapters there wasn't background music but in this one there is, so I was wondering if that was something I was supposed to include.
Campbell
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 15th, 2020, 8:30 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 14th, 2020, 9:37 am Chapter 12:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/jackandjill_12_alcott_128kb.mp3
27:28

Note for PLer: when I downloaded the files, I found that the narrator's file was unedited for the second half. I was a good ways into the editing at that point, and just ended up editing it myself. However, I did not carefully PL to ensure all words were correctly read etc., so it may be good to pay extra attention for that.
I think this may have gotten missed...
Ah, yes, sorry! Thank you!

I guess I missed that during the spot PL. :hmm: But what exactly do you mean by unedited? Multiple versions of lines left in?

And thanks for letting me know! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

alanmapstone wrote: May 16th, 2020, 8:23 am Ralph chapter 9

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/jackandjill_09_ralphevans.mp3

I had trouble accessing the Google Docs so I read this from the Gutenberg text. I may have missed some lines. :help:

It says in the text that Ralph sometimes adopts funny voices to amuse the children. I have tried to do this where appropriate :hmm:
I’m sorry the docs didn’t work out! Thanks for going the extra mile of picking them out of the Gutenberg text.

Haha, okay! I don’t think I knew it said that about Ralph. Thanks!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you! Moving right along! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 16th, 2020, 12:06 pm Twinkle, I was looking through the 'ready to edit' chapters before I began editing to get a sense of time/etc., and I noticed that in the sing-along audio for the song in Chapter 6 there is background music. Am I to include this music in the final edited chapter, or just the characters' singing?
Oh no, that song is just for reference for the singers. Thanks for asking! :)

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 16th, 2020, 3:30 pmI was just confused because in the sing alongs for other chapters there wasn't background music but in this one there is,
Yeah, so to any songs in the book that were actual real-life songs I was able to add an instrumental sing-along file in the script. And then with the non-real-life songs I just left it up to the reader what to do with those — unless it was a group song and then I was forced to record (a very awkward and poorly sang) a cappella sing-along file to help readers sing with a similar timing.
lymiewithpurpose

Twinkle88 wrote: May 16th, 2020, 8:50 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 15th, 2020, 8:30 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 14th, 2020, 9:37 am Chapter 12:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/jackandjill_12_alcott_128kb.mp3
27:28

Note for PLer: when I downloaded the files, I found that the narrator's file was unedited for the second half. I was a good ways into the editing at that point, and just ended up editing it myself. However, I did not carefully PL to ensure all words were correctly read etc., so it may be good to pay extra attention for that.
I think this may have gotten missed...
Ah, yes, sorry! Thank you!

I guess I missed that during the spot PL. :hmm: But what exactly do you mean by unedited? Multiple versions of lines left in?

And thanks for letting me know! :)
Exactly. A few repeats, a few long pauses, coughs, etc.
Twinkle88 wrote: May 16th, 2020, 9:24 pm Yeah, so to any songs in the book that were actual real-life songs I was able to add an instrumental sing-along file in the script. And then with the non-real-life songs I just left it up to the reader what to do with those — unless it was a group song and then I was forced to record (a very awkward and poorly sang) a cappella sing-along file to help readers sing with a similar timing.
Ok, that makes a bunch of sense. Thanks!
Campbell
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Rapunzelina,

A couple questions:

Some of LikeManyWaters' children read roles in this story, but they do not have LV accounts. Before the catalog, would you like me to add them to the reader's section (beside each of their chapters) under LikeManyWaters' name?

Before the catalog, would you like me to leave in the lists of characters in the notes sections (beside each chapter)? At least once an MC requested I leave them in.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

PL note for Ralph Chapter 9:

- Missing line @ 1:44: "Club would go to smash, if you back out!"
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

It would be best if the children had their own account. But let me check with other admins more experienced with children's accounts and I'll get back to you.

The Notes field doesn't make much of a difference, but it feels it would be extra work for you to delete stuff?
How would you like to credit the readers? Will they all be credited in the first chapter and blank for the rest? Or each chapter will have all the readers that appear in them?
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Okay, thanks!

I was going to add the credits to each chapter they appear in, yes.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose