photos in the public domain

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
roscogruen

Post by roscogruen »

Hi All!
I am looking for photos it the public domain showing the affects of chronic alcoholism on the brain and peripheral nervous system (auditory, tactile in hands and feet, organs, occipital nerves etc). the photos will show dark rather than whitish/opaque and loss of fat so "mealy" to the touch. in the 80's, we were shown such photos in videos and our health class book.

all help is appreciated. i have been going through our libraries and medical schools for years without any help.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

:hmm: Hmm, sounds tough. The only place I can point you is this wiki page, which has links to a bunch of sources for PD images. I have no idea if there'll be anything this specific, though.
LectorAlfonso

Post by LectorAlfonso »

Hello, roscogruen!

As I happened to read your question, I thought I'd mention the following website:

https://phil.cdc.gov/

Though I haven't checked it for the specific topic you mentioned (also, I must say I don't work in the medical field!), I know you can find public domain photos there...

It looks like a well-known site, and maybe you're already familiar with it... I just thought I'd try to help! :)
Alfonso
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Searching for "alcohol" and "brain" I couldn't find anything on that site ... there's only one image when searching for alcoholism!

But if you do a generalised google search for "images brain alcoholism", you get quite a lot of images, which you'd have to search through for PD ones, of course: https://www.google.com/search?q=images+alcoholism+brain&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ALeKk01sR3YmhVI2MqmW98aE1-oXDO3fkQ:1589543741259&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=QZo0DHeCPVA-RM%253A%252Chl3uHVhqCr87lM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQkp7CWz40-XFXbGBSSCVJEVn5afg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjxy7Xw57XpAhUuZxUIHRH6BYkQ9QEwAXoECAoQHg#imgrc=QZo0DHeCPVA-RM:

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
roscogruen

Post by roscogruen »

Thank you guys for all of your suggestions.

I’m now using the keywords pathophysiology and alcoholic and cadaver or brain or nerve

Found a few but want some good free photos that speak themselves. I saw some cadavers in high school Science club Science club at Kansas State. a healthy old person Cadaver sitting next to a young alcoholic cadaver said everything.