[COMPLETE] The Princess & the Ploughman by Florence Morse Kingsley - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
cadastra
Posts: 539
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » May 15th, 2020, 5:43 pm

Section 9 PL notes:
07:48 Repeat ("don't . . . don't you mean")
09:14 Repeat ("and . . . and I don't see")
09:56 Repeat ("and . . . and Mary didn't tell me")

I love your character voices! This plot of this book is not going in any direction I predicted... Also, I didn't hear any background noise at all.

julianpratley
Posts: 454
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » May 15th, 2020, 6:46 pm

Chapter 1 is here :D
Could I claim the final chapter as well?
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/princessandploughman_01_kingsley_128kb.mp3 (6:11)
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

cadastra
Posts: 539
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » May 15th, 2020, 6:48 pm

David,

Wonderful reading! Thank you so much for participating.

Section 3 PL notes:
0:00 Too much silence at beginning; should be maximum of 0.5-1 second of silence (currently 4 seconds)
19:23 Too little silence at end; should be 5 seconds (currently 4 seconds)

Section 4 PL notes:
01:55 Misreading that affects meaning ("she was wondering" read as "she was wandering")
22:38 Too much silence at end; should be 5 seconds (currently 7.5 seconds)

Please make the corrections noted and re-upload each file using the same file name. Post in this thread with the new file lengths when you are ready for spot PL.

cadastra
Posts: 539
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » May 15th, 2020, 6:51 pm

julianpratley wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 6:46 pm
Chapter 1 is here :D
Could I claim the final chapter as well?
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/princessandploughman_01_kingsley_128kb.mp3 (6:11)
Of course you can! Thank you!

cadastra
Posts: 539
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » May 15th, 2020, 7:02 pm

Section 1 PL notes:
04:00 Repeat ("He sighed regretfully, as she glanced about her with manifest intention of renewed flight. He would have liked to look at her longer. . . . he sighed regretfully, as she glanced about her with manifest intention of renewed flight. He would have liked to look at her longer.")

kenzeavo
Posts: 45
Joined: April 14th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Post by kenzeavo » May 15th, 2020, 7:34 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/princessandploughman_10_kingsley_128kb.mp3
Time 15:19.

Now, let me take a look at the PL notes for ch 9...I'll be back.
Ken

kenzeavo
Posts: 45
Joined: April 14th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Post by kenzeavo » May 15th, 2020, 8:13 pm

cadastra wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 5:43 pm
Section 9 PL notes:
07:48 Repeat ("don't . . . don't you mean")
09:14 Repeat ("and . . . and I don't see")
09:56 Repeat ("and . . . and Mary didn't tell me")

I love your character voices! This plot of this book is not going in any direction I predicted... Also, I didn't hear any background noise at all.
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/princessandploughman_9_kingsley_128kb.mp3
Time 19:03.

I guess I got carried away with characterizing...(OK, I misread or stumbled.) It's fixed.

OH..you're gonna be really surprised at the end, when ....Just kidding, I would never.

DavidYoung
Posts: 40
Joined: March 3rd, 2020, 1:36 pm
Location: Wrocław, Poland

Post by DavidYoung » May 15th, 2020, 11:36 pm

Here are parts 3 and 4 again, with the start and end timings corrected:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/princessandploughman_03_kingsley_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/princessandploughman_04_kingsley_128kb.mp3


As for this line:
QUOTE
As for Mary, she was wondering confusedly why she had come. And, still wondering, she drew yet nearer and looked up into his face.
END OF QUOTE

There is no conceivable way either time I say 'wondering' that it could be heard as 'wandering'. I have listened to that fragment over and over again and it is crystal clear that I am using the vowel sound of 'up', 'some', 'love' and 'cup', not in any shape or form the sound from 'want', 'got' or 'fog'.

Under tonnes of London plums are sums loved by gloved sons, someone wondered.

cadastra
Posts: 539
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » May 16th, 2020, 6:50 am

DavidYoung wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 11:36 pm
Here are parts 3 and 4 again, with the start and end timings corrected:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/princessandploughman_03_kingsley_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/princessandploughman_04_kingsley_128kb.mp3


As for this line:
QUOTE
As for Mary, she was wondering confusedly why she had come. And, still wondering, she drew yet nearer and looked up into his face.
END OF QUOTE

There is no conceivable way either time I say 'wondering' that it could be heard as 'wandering'. I have listened to that fragment over and over again and it is crystal clear that I am using the vowel sound of 'up', 'some', 'love' and 'cup', not in any shape or form the sound from 'want', 'got' or 'fog'.

Under tonnes of London plums are sums loved by gloved sons, someone wondered.
Thanks, David! Both sections are now PL OK.

johnb2
Posts: 1584
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » May 16th, 2020, 12:08 pm

Hi Cadastra

I will be the old maid and finish up with chapter 14, if you want.

cadastra
Posts: 539
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » May 16th, 2020, 2:28 pm

johnb2 wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 12:08 pm
Hi Cadastra

I will be the old maid and finish up with chapter 14, if you want.
That would be wonderful, John. Thank you!

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23614
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » May 16th, 2020, 8:40 pm

Moving on to Readers Found!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

MrsLSid
Posts: 64
Joined: March 18th, 2020, 9:23 pm

Post by MrsLSid » May 17th, 2020, 9:15 am


johnb2
Posts: 1584
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » May 17th, 2020, 10:31 am


MrsLSid
Posts: 64
Joined: March 18th, 2020, 9:23 pm

Post by MrsLSid » May 17th, 2020, 8:24 pm


Post Reply