Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Section 10 is now shown to be PL OK.

Lomond
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Great! I've sent a message to the other reader (verycherrey) and hopefully we can get that last chapter done toot sweet! 8-)
lomond wrote: April 30th, 2020, 7:59 am Greetings -

Section 10 is now shown to be PL OK.

Lomond
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Hey, verycherrey, please check the PL notes on your chapter! Thanks! 8-)
verycherrey wrote: February 16th, 2020, 1:18 am Here's section 4, time is 30:54

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/onthetrail_04_beard_128kb.mp3
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

I hate to do this but I've noticed this reader hasn't posted anything at all in the forum since February, and she hasn't responded to my private messages. Anyone know what the procedure is in this type of situation? Is there a certain time period after which we assume the reader has abandoned the project & reopen it? I hate to do that since I'm sure she worked hard on it, but I would like to get this project finished.
stoogeswoman wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 10:02 am Hey, verycherrey, please check the PL notes on your chapter! Thanks! 8-)
verycherrey wrote: February 16th, 2020, 1:18 am Here's section 4, time is 30:54

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/onthetrail_04_beard_128kb.mp3
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

It's up to you how long to wait, but I would give the reader 10 days to respond. After that your options are to (1) abandon the section and find someone to reread it (2) try to make only the absolutely necessary edits yourself or (3) catalog the file as is. Looking at the PL notes, I would at least fix the intro/outro so listeners won't be confused. (and we won't get an error message at some point down the line :wink: ).
Jo
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Thanks! OK, I'll hold off till the end of next week, then. Hopefully the reader will see my messages and respond before then! :)
knotyouraveragejo wrote: May 6th, 2020, 2:12 pm It's up to you how long to wait, but I would give the reader 10 days to respond. After that your options are to (1) abandon the section and find someone to reread it (2) try to make only the absolutely necessary edits yourself or (3) catalog the file as is. Looking at the PL notes, I would at least fix the intro/outro so listeners won't be confused. (and we won't get an error message at some point down the line :wink: ).
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Hi, lomond -- No word from verycherry, so I'm going to rerecord the intro and outro.

However, I find myself a bit puzzled as to exactly how to do so. Can you suggest the exact wording to use?

Would I say, "Continuation of Chapter 3" or "Chapter 3, part two"?

Would I say "Section 4, a continuation of Chapter 3"? (a bit confusing since no one else has given section numbers)

Same question about the outro wording. If you could write a little script for me, that would be helpful - thanks!

Debating whether to change the other items or just leave them be -- they are pretty minor.

Of course, the other possibility is to rerecord the entire chapter, but at this point I really don't want to go that route.

Thanks for your help! 8-)
lomond wrote: March 17th, 2020, 5:11 pm Greetings -

Now that I am in self-isolation, I can get caught up with my PLing.

Section IV;

At the beginning and the end, we have that confusion between "section" and "chapter". This is Section IV but the end of Chapter III.

Two other small items that needs attention:

TIME: 20:19 TEXT: "half of a fresh one, put on to boil with the beans in cold" Reading has "one" instead of "on".

TIME: 26:46 In the list of essentials, the text has 1/4 pound of egg powder; the reading has one pound.

That list of essentials needed for one week's camping is incredible, weight wise. :shock: :shock:

Lomond
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Before you rerecord, let me take a look at this. I think it could be fixed just by editing.
Jo
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Since lauracat ends the previous section with "end of Chapter 3, Part 1", I would go with "Chapter 3, Part 2" as the intro. At the end, I would just say "End of Chapter 3". If you say "End of Chapter 3, Part 2", some folk might wonder if there was a Part 3.

Lomond
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

That sounds good to me. Thanks, lomond! Will post here when I've done that.

knotyouraveragejo, I would just rerecord the intro and outro, not the entire chapter. At this point, I think we all just want to get this done & out into the wide, wide world, right? :D
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Yes, but I have cut and pasted from the within the original recording to fix it so you don't have to record anything. Here it is ready for spot PL. See what you both think...

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/onthetrail_04_beard_128kb_edited.mp3

In addition to the intro/outro, I also fixed the 2 spots from in the PL notes.
Jo
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Oh no, I hope I haven't messed up anything because while you were doing that, I uploaded MY revised version in the uploader, and was about to post it here just now ... :(
knotyouraveragejo wrote: May 15th, 2020, 10:22 am Yes, but I have cut and pasted from the within the original recording to fix it so you don't have to record anything. Here it is ready for spot PL. See what you both think...

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/onthetrail_04_beard_128kb_edited.mp3

lomond

Post by lomond »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: May 15th, 2020, 10:22 am Yes, but I have cut and pasted from the within the original recording to fix it so you don't have to record anything. Here it is ready for spot PL. See what you both think...

Greetings -

Sounds good...except...you say Chapter 4 at the end instead of Chapter 3. :hmm:

Lomond
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I think lomond listened to your version not mine. I've gone back and edited the filename in the above posts so as not to generate further confusion between the two files.
Jo