COMPLETE [DR] A Little Girl in Old Boston by Amanda Minnie Douglas -mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GillH

Post by GillH »

linny wrote: May 9th, 2020, 9:59 am Gill,
Good news! I did a little research in our wiki video library and I think I can improve on any plosives that come up in the rest of the chapters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inbSdGb26XQ&feature=youtu.be :clap:
Sounds good.
linny

Post by linny »

Kevin, may I get these lines again? The timestamps are for the completed chapter.
4:21 - There were two quaint rush-bottomed chairs and a yellow stool, such as we tie with ribbons and call a milking stool. A nice warm rug lay at the side of the bed, and a smaller one at the washing stand. These were woven like rag carpet, but made of woolen rags with plenty of ends standing up all over, like the surface of a Moquette carpet. They were considered quite handsome then, as they were more trouble than braided rugs, and so soft to the foot. Some strenuous housekeepers declared them terrible dust catchers.

13:05 - Cary had not been a companionable child. He was a regular boy, and the great point of interest in Sentry Hill for him was batting a ball up the hill. It was a proud day for him when he carried it farther than any other boy. He was fond of games of all kinds, and was one of the fleetest runners and a fine oarsman, and could sail a boat equal to any old salt, he thought. He was a boy, of course, and Uncle Win did not want him to be a "Molly coddle," so he gave in, for he did not quite know what to do with a lad who could tumble more books around in five minutes than he could put in order in half an hour, and knew more about every corner in Old Boston than anyone else, and was much more confident of his knowledge.

14:50 She began to see considerable of the Chapman girls, and Madam Royall grew very fond of her. But she did not forget her dear friends in Sudbury Street. Sometimes when Uncle Win was going out to a supper or to stay away all the evening she would go up and spend the night with Betty, and sit in the old corner, for it was Uncle Leverett's favorite place whether there was fire or not. He was as fond as ever of listening to her chatter.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I must be mumbling. Apologies!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I've put the corrected lines at the end of my recording. Is that what I should do?

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_narrator_14_128kb.mp3
linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: May 11th, 2020, 8:21 am I've put the corrected lines at the end of my recording. Is that what I should do?

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_narrator_14_128kb.mp3
Perfect! Thank you
linny

Post by linny »

GillH

Post by GillH »

PL for Chapter 14:
4:18 “Molette” said for “Moquette” in “like the surface of a Moquette carpet” (narrator)
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Gill.
linny

Post by linny »

GillH wrote: May 12th, 2020, 6:41 am PL for Chapter 14:
4:18 “Molette” said for “Moquette” in “like the surface of a Moquette carpet” (narrator)
Ready for spot PL. Replaced 4:13 - 4:22 These were woven like rag carpet, but made of woolen rags with plenty of ends standing up all over, like the surface of a Moquette carpet.
GillH

Post by GillH »

Chapter 14 PL OK!
linny

Post by linny »

:thumbs:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Kevin. I have appointments today but I'll get to them soon.