COMPLETE: [CLASSICS] Parallel Lives Vol. 7, by Plutarch-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
cimt
Posts: 72
Joined: May 8th, 2020, 1:59 pm

Post by cimt » May 9th, 2020, 8:13 am

carolpelster wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 10:08 am
Here is section 20 https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/parallellives07_20_plutarchperrin_128kb.mp3

tah-DAH
PL notes section 20-

32:05- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Parallel Lives of the Noble Greeks and Romans Vol. 7, by Lucius Mestrius Plutarchus. Translated by Bernadotte Perrin (1847 - 1920)"
Carisa

"Anything's better than lying and deceit." -Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

cimt
Posts: 72
Joined: May 8th, 2020, 1:59 pm

Post by cimt » May 9th, 2020, 8:54 am

MMMD2505 wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 1:58 pm
Here's Section 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/parallellives07_03_plutarchperrin_128kb.mp3

It's 27:06
Section 3 PL Notes-

27:00 At the end of the section, say:
"End of Section [number]"
Carisa

"Anything's better than lying and deceit." -Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

rayw94
Posts: 11
Joined: January 18th, 2018, 5:25 pm

Post by rayw94 » May 9th, 2020, 10:16 am

PL for section 1. Please let me know if these are too nitpicky because I've never done this before!

02:34 mid sentence pause “He will thus be (pause) prevented”
07:20 stumble “From the from the first”
09:20 2 mid sentence pause “won the case (pause) and”
13:57 stumble “I will quickly rem remedy”
Only about 2-3 seconds of silence at end of recording

Props to the reader because I would not have been able to pronounce 90% of those names :lol:

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12363
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 9th, 2020, 3:03 pm

cimt wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 8:54 am
MMMD2505 wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 1:58 pm
Here's Section 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/parallellives07_03_plutarchperrin_128kb.mp3

It's 27:06
Section 3 PL Notes-

27:00 At the end of the section, say:
"End of Section [number]"
Thanks for the PLings!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12363
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 9th, 2020, 3:05 pm

rayw94 wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 10:16 am
PL for section 1. Please let me know if these are too nitpicky because I've never done this before!

02:34 mid sentence pause “He will thus be (pause) prevented”
07:20 stumble “From the from the first”
09:20 2 mid sentence pause “won the case (pause) and”
13:57 stumble “I will quickly rem remedy”
Only about 2-3 seconds of silence at end of recording

Props to the reader because I would not have been able to pronounce 90% of those names :lol:
Thanks for the PLing! The stumbles and silence at the end are certainly not too nitpicky, that is exactly what we are looking for when PLing, thanks much! The pauses, depends on the length of the pause. If it is so long one would wonder "huh, did it stop playing?" yes, certainily worth pointing out. Thanks again!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

rayw94
Posts: 11
Joined: January 18th, 2018, 5:25 pm

Post by rayw94 » May 10th, 2020, 9:28 pm

PL notes for section 2!
02:53 stumble “I know that you I an annoy you”
10:23 stumble “The gen general”
10:41 stumble “With cha Demosthenes”

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12363
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 11th, 2020, 7:56 am

rayw94 wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 9:28 pm
PL notes for section 2!
02:53 stumble “I know that you I an annoy you”
10:23 stumble “The gen general”
10:41 stumble “With cha Demosthenes”
Thanks for the PLing!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

MMMD2505
Posts: 35
Joined: April 29th, 2020, 12:14 pm
Location: Virginia

Post by MMMD2505 » May 11th, 2020, 12:58 pm

Thanks so much for the notes! Here are my sections with the stumbles edited out. These are my first recording for Librivox, so I hope this is the right way to do it :| . Let me know if there are any other issues with the recordings!

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/parallellives07_01_plutarchperrin_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/parallellives07_02_plutarchperrin_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/parallellives07_03_plutarchperrin_128kb.mp3


Section 1 is now 21:47
Section 2 is now 21:40
Section 3 is now 27:05

"All human wisdom is contained in these two words- Wait and Hope."

-The Count of Monte Cristo

dpbrown
Posts: 16
Joined: April 11th, 2020, 1:22 am

Post by dpbrown » May 11th, 2020, 11:34 pm

Hi Ariphron,

I would like to claim section 9 please. I would love to read sections 9-15 but this is my first recording so it's probably best if I only claim one section for now. If it goes well, and I'm able to get it done in a timely fashion, then I may be able to claim the other sections too. Please can I check that I understand what I need to say at the beginning?

"Section 9 of Parallel Lives of the Noble Greeks and Romans Volume 7. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. Recording by Daniel Brown, Bristol. Parallel Lives of the Noble Greeks and Romans Volume 7, by Lucius Mestrius Plutarchus. Translated by Bernadotte Perrin. Alexander, Chapters 1 to 11"

Thank you

Daniel (my username for Librivox is dpbrown, please use this for the catalogue)

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12363
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 12th, 2020, 8:31 am

MMMD2505 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 12:58 pm
Thanks so much for the notes! Here are my sections with the stumbles edited out. These are my first recording for Librivox, so I hope this is the right way to do it :| . Let me know if there are any other issues with the recordings!

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/parallellives07_01_plutarchperrin_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/parallellives07_02_plutarchperrin_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/parallellives07_03_plutarchperrin_128kb.mp3


Section 1 is now 21:47
Section 2 is now 21:40
Section 3 is now 27:05
Thanks much! This is the right way to do it. :D Now our PLer will check just for the corrections, and let you know.
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12363
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 12th, 2020, 8:42 am

dpbrown wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 11:34 pm
Hi Ariphron,

I would like to claim section 9 please. I would love to read sections 9-15 but this is my first recording so it's probably best if I only claim one section for now. If it goes well, and I'm able to get it done in a timely fashion, then I may be able to claim the other sections too. Please can I check that I understand what I need to say at the beginning?

"Section 9 of Parallel Lives of the Noble Greeks and Romans Volume 7. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. Recording by Daniel Brown, Bristol. Parallel Lives of the Noble Greeks and Romans Volume 7, by Lucius Mestrius Plutarchus. Translated by Bernadotte Perrin. Alexander, Chapters 1 to 11"

Thank you

Daniel (my username for Librivox is dpbrown, please use this for the catalogue)
Hello, Daniel, and welcome to LibriVox. Ariphron has been away for a while, so I am taking care of this project for now. I think it is wise to claim just once section for now :D I see you have already gotten an OK on your test, so, secion 9 is yours. And yes, your introduction is correct. :thumbs:
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

cimt
Posts: 72
Joined: May 8th, 2020, 1:59 pm

Post by cimt » May 12th, 2020, 9:44 am

MMMD2505 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 12:58 pm
Thanks so much for the notes! Here are my sections with the stumbles edited out. These are my first recording for Librivox, so I hope this is the right way to do it :| . Let me know if there are any other issues with the recordings!

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/parallellives07_01_plutarchperrin_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/parallellives07_02_plutarchperrin_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/parallellives07_03_plutarchperrin_128kb.mp3


Section 1 is now 21:47
Section 2 is now 21:40
Section 3 is now 27:05
Good Job! Sounds Great! :clap:
Carisa

"Anything's better than lying and deceit." -Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

Jamin
Posts: 2
Joined: May 13th, 2020, 10:15 pm

Post by Jamin » May 14th, 2020, 8:01 pm

Hello, I'm new to Librivox, and
I would like to read the Life of Alexander by Plutarch.
I see that the first section is claimed, though I would like to read them all for continuity sake.
If dpbrown hasn't recorded yet, perhaps he/she would be willing to let me begin from first section?
Thanks!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12363
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 15th, 2020, 10:40 am

Jamin wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 8:01 pm
Hello, I'm new to Librivox, and
I would like to read the Life of Alexander by Plutarch.
I see that the first section is claimed, though I would like to read them all for continuity sake.
If dpbrown hasn't recorded yet, perhaps he/she would be willing to let me begin from first section?
Thanks!
Hello, Jamin, and welcome to Librivox!

As a first-time reader with us, I would like to point out we have a very useful guide, that can be found here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording In it, you will find the information about the 1-minute test, that we strongly suggest all readers take before starting a section. Also, as explained in the first post, I need to know under what name/pseudonym you would like to be listed in the catalog.

However, I also need to tell you it is not our practice to suggest someone else relinquish a claim. We work with first come first serve, so, if someone else claimed the section before you, it is theirs to read. Actually, in his post above, dpbrown said he would like to read the whole of Alexander's life as well, but since he is a new reader, he decided to claim just one section to start, to which I agreed as advisable. So, he claimed just one section, and I suggest the same for you, that you try one section before diving into more.
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

dpbrown
Posts: 16
Joined: April 11th, 2020, 1:22 am

Post by dpbrown » May 15th, 2020, 5:14 pm

Hi Leni,

I've completed section 9:
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/parallellives07_09_plutarchperrin_128kb.mp3
27:34

Thanks,

Daniel

Post Reply