[COMPLETE][Poetry]The Complaint, or Night Thoughts by Edward Young - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Last edited by neecheelok70 on May 14th, 2020, 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

8 PL OK.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I appreciate all your help on this project. I knew Sonia was eager to get this done. Jim
Noctivagus

Post by Noctivagus »

Kitty wrote: May 13th, 2020, 7:49 am
Noctivagus wrote: May 13th, 2020, 7:38 amI'm new here. I recently read through this work and I think it's quite intriguing. I'd like to claim Night Ninth. I'm still waiting to do my first test, though I shall get to that in sometime (I'm actually waiting for audio equipment).
hello Ania and welcome to the forum :)

nice to have you interested in this project. I can inofficially reserve you Section 9 for one month now, to give you time to receive your equipment and do the one minute test. Always best to have the technical settings worked out correctly before launching into any "real" recording. Especially the sections here in this project are quite long, so you are forewarned ;) So if you want to test the waters with a shorter poem in the monthly or weekly poetry collection before tackling this one, that would be quite understandable. As soon as your test is ok'ed please post back here and I can officially assign you the section. :D

Thank you and good luck with the test.

So that makes us fully claimed again and back to Readers Found. 8-)

Sonia
Thanks for reserving the place for me! Just wanted to let you know that my 1-minute test is OK (without my audio equipment). Though I'll try to wait for the equipment before recording for this one. Hope that's good enough to assign me Night Ninth :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Noctivagus wrote: May 13th, 2020, 11:06 pmThanks for reserving the place for me! Just wanted to let you know that my 1-minute test is OK (without my audio equipment). Though I'll try to wait for the equipment before recording for this one. Hope that's good enough to assign me Night Ninth :)
congrats, and yes, if you think the audio quality isn't too good, then better wait for the new mic. The audio-settings should stay the same, so if you passed the test, I guess you're settings will remain the same with the new microphone.

So yes, I can assign you the section officially now. For that I will also open your personal reader page, if you just let me know what reader name you want to go by. Can be your forum name, or real name, or any other pseudonym. So your official deadline for this section is 2 months, I hope the microphone will arrive before that time ;)

Good luck with your first section. All the details for intro/outro and filenaming are written up in the very first post, so please read carefully through that before you launch into your recording. :)

Sonia
Noctivagus

Post by Noctivagus »

For the reader name, I'd like to go by my real name, that is, Ania E. I guess I'd be mentioning this in all my recordings. Though I can be referred to as Ania for informal purposes. Thanks once again! I will try to complete it within a month or a few weeks time.
Last edited by Noctivagus on August 22nd, 2020, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Noctivagus wrote: May 14th, 2020, 12:25 amFor the reader name, I'd like to go by my real name, that is, Ania Ektate. I guess I'd be mentioning this in all my recordings. Though I can be referred to as Ania for informal purposes.
super, here we go then: https://librivox.org/reader/14310 This is your reader page and you will have all your projects listed here. You can also keep track on the sections that are still outstanding or have PL notes. It's quite handy.

And yes, the reader name usually is the one you say in the disclaimer. :)

Well, you are all set, now all you need to do is recording and editing. Have fun !

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: May 12th, 2020, 11:33 pm
silverquill wrote: May 12th, 2020, 7:32 pm I would be glad to take the Seventh NIght
thank you Larry, for bringing us so fast to the finishing line. :9:

Sonia
Wow, having second thoughts about this :hmm:

I knew it was a long piece, but didn't realize how long until I actually did a word count.
It is close to 12,000 words! :shock:

That's with the Preface, which I don't know if you're including, but without that it still is well over 11,000 words. I'm not even sure I can get that in under 72 minutes . . . . maybe. But, with my other commitments, I'm not sure I can manage it. I have more LV time now, but less quiet recording time with the children home during the day. I would at least have to do it in chunks. So, I'm in a quandary.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: May 14th, 2020, 8:45 pmBut, with my other commitments, I'm not sure I can manage it. I have more LV time now, but less quiet recording time with the children home during the day. I would at least have to do it in chunks. So, I'm in a quandary.
no worries, Larry, I can unassign you again. I totally understand not having enough time to record right now (or ever for that matter) that's why I largely refrain from claiming much these days.

It's the thought that counted, but I don't want you to be stressed. I can move us easily back to readers wanted again. I'm sure we can find someone who has more time to bring this to a close.

Have a nice weekend !

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I can do it sometime today or tomorrow. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: May 15th, 2020, 6:20 am I can do it sometime today or tomorrow. Jim
thank you, Jim, that means we stay fully claimed :9:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 7:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/nightthoughts_07_young_128kb.mp3

74:59

Jim

P.S. The last third is a bit rushed because of time. Sorry!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: May 16th, 2020, 7:15 am Here is Section 7:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/nightthoughts_07_young_128kb.mp3
74:59
P.S. The last third is a bit rushed because of time. Sorry!
already finished :shock: you're amazing. And if all else fails we can either enhance the speed a little bit or we cut it in two parts. Let's see what Dave says in the listening phase.

Thank you, Jim !!!

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Glad to do it. Jim :thumbs:
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

7 PL OK.

A tad fast towards the end but ok.