[COMPLETE-HEBREW] Bible (Hebrew) 02: Exodus - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Yes I am, but I am (and the project is) "on hold" :cry:

I'll try to remember to ping once a month or two, even if I can't make any progress.

Sorry :oops:
"When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time."
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Hi,
Still here but still "on hold" ...

D.
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Hi,

Still here, still on hold, but hopefully just for a little while (got a new laptop that would make it easier to record).

D.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks for the update!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Hi,

Haven't given up but no progress yet :-(

D.
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

:roll: Hard to believe (I'm having a hard time, anyway) but I've actually managed to record yet another section...

So:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/exodus_11_hebrewbible_128kb.mp3
Also I've updated the Magic Window.

But I'm wondering whether I should record again the opening (and do so in the following sections). When I started with this project I prepared "bulk" recordings of the section numbers and the LV disclaimer on my old Mac (with the built-in mic). Apparently this opening sounds "thicker" (lower pitch + more bass) than the rest of the section recorded on the new(er) Mac. The recording conditions (room etc.) were exactly the same, as far as I remember.
Could someone listen to the first 30 seconds of this section and advise should I redo the opening?

Thanks!

The blushing D. :oops:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yay! Welcome back! :D (I think we need to find a new DPL for this. I'll work on that.)

It does sound different, but I don't think it's different enough to worry about unless you feel uncomfortable with it.

Yeah, I've come to decide that it's best to just record the opening when I record the chapter. That way it all sounds the same, and it really doesn't save THAT much time to do them all ahead of time. :)
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Yeah, I've come to decide that it's best to just record the opening when I record the chapter. That way it all sounds the same, and it really doesn't save THAT much time to do them all ahead of time. :)
Easier said than done, since I'm not a native English speaker. My tongue seems to grow a life of its own, and only a v-e-r-y s-l-o-w a-r-t-i-c-u-l-a-t-i-o-n of every single syllable, after practicing for 20 minutes, brought about the aforementioned masterpiece. :hmm: :lol:
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

I guess I'll redo the openings as I record. It would sound better and I think it's not only a mic problem and my voice actually sounds different sometimes.

I have a really big request (I searched the forum and found that it's a serious issue): would it be possible to change at least my catalog name (or both catalog and forum username)? I assumed that I'd be able to choose a catalog name when the project would be (finally) done, but yesterday I found myself in the catalog :-(

If it would be possible, I'd like to change it to DariaG (my reader section number is 12643).

Thanks a lot!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yeah, you have a catalog entry as soon as you are assigned a section in any Magic Window. :)

I've changed it in the catalog. If you want it changed in the forum & MW, it takes someone with more powers than I have. Shall I call in the big guns? :)
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Thank you, Tricia Big Gun! :thumbs: (I'm a bit under the influence of "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee")

My issue was with the catalog (I thought THAT was more difficult than the MW and forum). I was worried that a canonical text read by a Daria who claims to be a grownup showed lack of respect. You've fixed it and I'm very grateful.
weijzhou

Post by weijzhou »

I can do PL!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

weijzhou wrote: May 24th, 2020, 1:19 pm I can do PL!
Great!

You appear to be new, and haven't done DPL'ing before.
How would you like to be credited in the catalog? There are places for a catalog name (some use a nickname or forum name, some their real name) and a link to a personal web site or blog, if you have one. (Keep in mind that prospective employers, classmates, enemies, etc. can also find you using the catalog name, so be cautious if privacy might be an issue.)

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked here:
Instructions for BCs and DPLs

When checking a file, you'll change the status to either "See PL Notes" or "PL OK". Post any notes in the thread.
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Hi,

A new version of section 11 was uploaded, after recording again the opening section. It's not perfect (my voice keeps changing all the time, it's really weird), but (I think) it's better than the old version.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/exodus_11_hebrewbible_128kb.mp3

Additionally, section 17 was uploaded, and the Magic Window for both files was updated.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/exodus_17_hebrewbible_128kb.mp3

Daria
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Oh, and there was something strange with the uploader: the file sizes on my computer are 9.3Mb for section 11 and 8.3Mb for section 17, but the uploader showed this: 9.05Kb and 8.06Kb respectively. I have a screenshot but I don't know how to attach files.
Is that ok?