[group] My Book of Favorite Fairy Tales - philc

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18482
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 5th, 2020, 12:27 pm

Hi Phil,
Here is my 1 minute test: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_lydiaelle.mp3

Thanks,
Lydia Top
Ok Lydia, you certainly have a very nice voice. But you will need to fix the bit rate of your recording set up. Your bit rate is at 78 kbs variable and we need 128 kbs constant. This is very easy to do if you are using Audacity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l54FyB3wLpA

you pick this when exporting as an mp3 file. Your volume and everything else is fine. So please make another test, call it test 2 or something, with the 128 kbs and post the result right here.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

A pun has not fully matured until it is full groan


Pssss! Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

LydiaElle
Posts: 18
Joined: May 4th, 2020, 3:29 am

Post by LydiaElle » May 5th, 2020, 1:42 pm

philchenevert wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 12:27 pm
Hi Phil,
Here is my 1 minute test: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_lydiaelle.mp3

Thanks,
Lydia Top
Ok Lydia, you certainly have a very nice voice. But you will need to fix the bit rate of your recording set up. Your bit rate is at 78 kbs variable and we need 128 kbs constant. This is very easy to do if you are using Audacity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l54FyB3wLpA

you pick this when exporting as an mp3 file. Your volume and everything else is fine. So please make another test, call it test 2 or something, with the 128 kbs and post the result right here.
That's very kind Phil, looking forward to working with you.

Thanks for the guidance, here is the link to my 2nd attempt https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test2_LydiaElle.mp3

Would it be ok to appear as "Lydia Loh"?

Thanks

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18482
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 5th, 2020, 2:03 pm

That's very kind Phil, looking forward to working with you.
Thanks for the guidance, here is the link to my 2nd attempt https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test2_LydiaElle.mp3
Would it be ok to appear as "Lydia Loh"?

Thanks
:thumbs: OK, that is fine. You have the official OK to record lots and lots for LibiVox. I have changed your catalog name to Lyndia Loh so that is all set up!
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

A pun has not fully matured until it is full groan


Pssss! Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

kristineasay
Posts: 14
Joined: February 10th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by kristineasay » May 5th, 2020, 4:18 pm

I'd like to read #1 Goose Girl.

Thanks!

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18482
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 5th, 2020, 4:55 pm

kristineasay wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 4:18 pm
I'd like to read #1 Goose Girl.

Thanks!
Welcome to this project Kristine. I have assigned section 1 to you but before you record it, please get the OK on your 1 minute test. Have fun and ask if anything is confusing. :D

Also, how would you like to be credited in our catalog? What name. Many of us use our real names but it is up to you. It can be the same as your forum name (kristineasay) or something different.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

A pun has not fully matured until it is full groan


Pssss! Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

Apeksha
Posts: 3
Joined: May 13th, 2019, 9:46 am

Post by Apeksha » May 5th, 2020, 9:08 pm

Hello,

I would like to claim sections 4,6 and 7

Thank you,

Best
Niki

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18482
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 6th, 2020, 6:09 am

Apeksha wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 9:08 pm
Hello,

I would like to claim sections 4,6 and 7

Thank you,

Best
Niki
Hi NIki and welcome to LibriVox. I am going to assign only section 4 to you but please do not record it until you have the OK on your 1 minute test. This is just to be sure your technical specs are correct. Here is a video on how to do that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlaRY_-bcfs Once that is done I will be happy to assign the other sections. Here is a video on how to upload that test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oTSlFSoEeY&feature=youtu.be
Welcome again and ask if anything is confusing.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

A pun has not fully matured until it is full groan


Pssss! Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

TheKanadian
Posts: 33
Joined: April 25th, 2020, 6:39 am

Post by TheKanadian » May 6th, 2020, 6:16 am


TheKanadian
Posts: 33
Joined: April 25th, 2020, 6:39 am

Post by TheKanadian » May 6th, 2020, 6:20 am

I'll take Chapter 15 please

:D :D

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18482
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 6th, 2020, 6:26 am

TheKanadian wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 6:20 am
I'll take Chapter 15 please

:D :D
Thank you for Bluebeard and you may have 15!! :thumbs:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

A pun has not fully matured until it is full groan


Pssss! Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

LydiaElle
Posts: 18
Joined: May 4th, 2020, 3:29 am

Post by LydiaElle » May 6th, 2020, 10:01 am

philchenevert wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 2:03 pm
That's very kind Phil, looking forward to working with you.
Thanks for the guidance, here is the link to my 2nd attempt https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test2_LydiaElle.mp3
Would it be ok to appear as "Lydia Loh"?

Thanks
:thumbs: OK, that is fine. You have the official OK to record lots and lots for LibiVox. I have changed your catalog name to Lyndia Loh so that is all set up!
That's great Phil, thanks.

Here is my go at Section 3: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/favoritefairytales_03_vredenberg_128kb.mp3

I hope this is ok, let me know if not.

Lydia

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18482
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 6th, 2020, 10:09 am

Here is my go at Section 3: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/favoritefairytales_03_vredenberg_128kb.mp3

I hope this is ok, let me know if not.

Lydia
Thanks Lydia Ignatius, the Penguin of Happiness Image will put this into the Magic Window for proof listening.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

A pun has not fully matured until it is full groan


Pssss! Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

LydiaElle
Posts: 18
Joined: May 4th, 2020, 3:29 am

Post by LydiaElle » May 6th, 2020, 10:31 am

philchenevert wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 10:09 am
Here is my go at Section 3: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/favoritefairytales_03_vredenberg_128kb.mp3

I hope this is ok, let me know if not.

Lydia
Thanks Lydia Ignatius, the Penguin of Happiness Image will put this into the Magic Window for proof listening.
Haha - Hi Ignatius :)

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18482
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 6th, 2020, 10:34 am

Haha - Hi Ignatius :)
Ignatius (who works in our Magic window department) Image and Isabella Image, who works in our Welcome department, are somewhat of an 'item' around here. It may be getting serious.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

A pun has not fully matured until it is full groan


Pssss! Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

kristineasay
Posts: 14
Joined: February 10th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by kristineasay » May 6th, 2020, 12:03 pm

philchenevert wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 4:55 pm
kristineasay wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 4:18 pm
I'd like to read #1 Goose Girl.

Thanks!
Welcome to this project Kristine. I have assigned section 1 to you but before you record it, please get the OK on your 1 minute test. Have fun and ask if anything is confusing. :D

Also, how would you like to be credited in our catalog? What name. Many of us use our real names but it is up to you. It can be the same as your forum name (kristineasay) or something different.

Great, thanks! I did get my 1 minute test approved for a few months ago. Do I need to submit it again?
Would you display my name as Kasay? thank you.

Post Reply