[COMPLETE] Puss in Boots, Jr., and the Good Gray Horse by David Cory-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lomond

Post by lomond »

silverquill wrote: April 30th, 2020, 2:37 pm
BeersandBooks wrote: April 30th, 2020, 2:18 pm
Here is my first go on Chapter 27. I think I have a consistency issue on Puss Juniors voice, but it might just be me being overly critical.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrgrayhorse_27_cory_128kb.mp3
File Duration: 3:06
Great!
Thanks for our first recorded section.
This will help preserve Lomond's sanity. :mrgreen:
I'm sure you voice will be fine. I understand the consistency issue, but it doesn't have to be perfect.

Thanks again.
Greetings -

Welcome to LibriVox, JB.

Excellent! The voices are great. As Oliver Twist said, "Please, sir, I want some more." PL OK.

As to the comment about preserving my sanity...thanks for reassuring me that I do, indeed, have some. My alter ego is preparing a presentation on world hunger for some Pathfinder scouts and Puss in Boots helps me escape reality for a while.

BTW, another quote from Oliver Twist says, “There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts.” Hmmmm.

Lomond
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Up Ready for PL!
Thanks.
~ Larry
BeersandBooks

Post by BeersandBooks »

lomond wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 9:11 pm
Greetings -

Welcome to LibriVox, JB.

Excellent! The voices are great. As Oliver Twist said, "Please, sir, I want some more." PL OK.

As to the comment about preserving my sanity...thanks for reassuring me that I do, indeed, have some. My alter ego is preparing a presentation on world hunger for some Pathfinder scouts and Puss in Boots helps me escape reality for a while.

BTW, another quote from Oliver Twist says, “There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts.” Hmmmm.

Lomond
I'm happy to oblige!

Chapter 28, up for PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrgrayhorse_28_cory_128kb.mp3
file duration: 4:01

I'm also an avid D&D player, so it took me a minute to remove my brain from that and remember that Pathfinder means other things in this world. Good luck!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

BeersandBooks wrote: May 5th, 2020, 5:20 am
Chapter 28, up for PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrgrayhorse_28_cory_128kb.mp3

I'm also an avid D&D player, so it took me a minute to remove my brain from that and remember that Pathfinder means other things in this world. Good luck!
In the MW.
Thanks!
~ Larry
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

vvocelli, another fine collections of readings in Chapters 6-11 except for one small edit needed:

Chapter 8:

TIME: 01:08 TEXT: "horse had taken a drink he cropped the fresh green grass, while Puss lay down in the shade." Reading has "he cropped the fresh green grass" repeated after the word "shade".

You caught me off guard for moment with your pronunciation of haymow that rhymed with foe instead of cow as I have always said it, both being correct.

But, you know -

You mow the hay, then you store it in a mow,
First, sow the seeds, then feed it to a sow.
Who had a bow in her hair when she gave cute little bow,
And went for row in the boat which caused such a big row.

Lomond
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

lomond wrote: May 5th, 2020, 12:38 pm Greetings -

vvocelli, another fine collections of readings in Chapters 6-11 except for one small edit needed:

Chapter 8:

TIME: 01:08 TEXT: "horse had taken a drink he cropped the fresh green grass, while Puss lay down in the shade." Reading has "he cropped the fresh green grass" repeated after the word "shade".

You caught me off guard for moment with your pronunciation of haymow that rhymed with foe instead of cow as I have always said it, both being correct.

But, you know -

Lomond
EEP! Silly me - I usually do my research better, but now that I look it up, Hay-MAU is more correct than my pronunciation of Hay-MOW, would you like me to correct it? I do love your poem though - the English language can be so fickle.

Here's Ch.8 Ready for Spot PL - 2:36 https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrgrayhorse_08_cory_128kb.mp3
vostar

Post by vostar »

I would like to ready the following sections:

Thank you!
David
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

vostar wrote: May 5th, 2020, 2:26 pm I would like to ready the following sections:

Thank you!
David
While I do appreciate your enthusiasm, you are not quite read to record for a project.
We do ask that our new readers complete a one-minute preliminary test recording to make sure all of your technical settings meet our requirements and to identify any other recording issues before you start on projects.

You can find instructions on how to do this in the Newbie Guide to Recording. The link is under Point 2 of the initial post for each project. I strongly suggest you read through it -- lots of good information to get you off to a good start.

Once you have the "OK" on that recording, post back here to claim any available sections.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

vvocelli wrote: May 5th, 2020, 1:04 pm
lomond wrote: May 5th, 2020, 12:38 pm Greetings -

Chapter 8:

But, you know -

Lomond
EEP! Silly me - I usually do my research better, but now that I look it up, Hay-MAU is more correct than my pronunciation of Hay-MOW, would you like me to correct it? I do love your poem though - the English language can be so fickle.

Here's Ch.8 Ready for Spot PL - 2:36 https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrgrayhorse_08_cory_128kb.mp3
Yeah, tell me about it!.
I'm a certified ESL teacher and did that for a few years in Korea. We have long lists of English nonsense that are doubly confounding to speakers of other languages! So don't get me started. To be truthful, though, Korean cold be just as bad, especially when it comes to homophones. But if you are reading English and you encounter the word "read" or "lead," how do you pronounce it? We'll always get it right (maybe, unless we're doing an LV recording, then we can mess anything up) but non-native English speakers struggle.

Anyway, no need to change anything. We accept all variations unless it renders something unintelligible or changes the meaning drastically. :mrgreen:
~ Larry
vostar

Post by vostar »

silverquill wrote: May 5th, 2020, 5:25 pm
vostar wrote: May 5th, 2020, 2:26 pm I would like to ready the following sections:

Thank you!
David
While I do appreciate your enthusiasm, you are not quite read to record for a project.
We do ask that our new readers complete a one-minute preliminary test recording to make sure all of your technical settings meet our requirements and to identify any other recording issues before you start on projects.

You can find instructions on how to do this in the Newbie Guide to Recording. The link is under Point 2 of the initial post for each project. I strongly suggest you read through it -- lots of good information to get you off to a good start.

Once you have the "OK" on that recording, post back here to claim any available sections.
Thank you! Will do that now
lomond

Post by lomond »

vvocelli wrote: May 5th, 2020, 1:04 pm

Greetings -

My personal preference is hay-MAU but I will leave it up to you.

The "ow" combination of letters seems to have more than its fair share of head-scratchers. flow/flower, glow/glower, show/shower, etc. At least, we can't say it is a boring language.

Thanks for the correction of Chapter 8. I will get to the rest of your offerings tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for all you volunteering.

Lomond
vostar

Post by vostar »

silverquill wrote: May 5th, 2020, 5:25 pm

Thank you!
David

Here it is : https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_vostar.mp3
lomond

Post by lomond »

BeersandBooks wrote: May 5th, 2020, 5:20 am
Chapter 28, up for PL.
Greetings -

Another fine display of voices.

Chapter 28 would easily be PL OK if it weren't for one omission:

TIME: 00:18 The phrase "Puss in Boots, Jr., and the Good Gray Horse, by David Cory. [Chapter Name]" is omitted right after "librivox DOT org".

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

2839reader wrote: April 29th, 2020, 7:10 pm Claim 22 23 24 25 26 please.
Greetings -

Thanks to the most competent efforts of 2839reader, we have four more PL OK readings (Chapters 22, 23, 25, and 26) and one that needs some attention.

Chapter 24:

TIME: 01:20 TEXT: "bring in some hay from the mow for his supper". And, again, at 01:56. I don't normally comment on pronunciation but...while the pronunciation of the word "mow" to rhyme with "foe" is technically acceptable, a much more recognized and understood pronunciation is to have it rhyme with "cow".

Thanks for the readings, 2839reader; we hope to hear more in the future.

Lomond