Thanks, Larry!
I updated the magic window.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you both, you're wonderful!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Back to longer narration, but two more sections.
I'll wait for further PL before doing corrections because it will be easier to do them together.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_narrator_11_128kb.mp3 16:28
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_narrator_12_128kb.mp3 15:30
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Larry! I'll get these in the MW when I get the chance. Working a lot over the next couple of days. If TJ doesn't get to them sooner, I'll begin PLing these later this week.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Hi Larry and Devorah,

I thought I’d start with the shorter chapters to make it look like I’ve done an impressive amount of work… :wink:

Again, I’ll reserve judgment and just point out discrepancies between what I hear and what I see (and let you both decide what to do with it). :D

Narrator Sections 8 & 9 are PL OK!

Narrator Section 10:

1:29 You left out the word “and”:
“He was very shy and modest AND when the animals asked him the following night he said in his very well-bred manner:”

Nice reading, as always, Larry!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Here's a longer section -- see I have done an impressive amount of work... :lol:

I don't think any of these comments need to be redone and am tempted to mark the section as PL OK already, but I'll let the experts decide.

Narrator Section 5:

1:20 I hear “mail” instead of “mails”:
Paddling over to the Foreign Mails post office for afternoon tea became quite the fashionable thing to do among the more up-to-date Fantippans.

2:01
I hear “office” instead of “offices”:
In fact very many post offices even nowadays seem to pride themselves on their bad pens.

12:50 missing “in”
By this time all the animals had heard Cheapside arriving and they came rushing in to see the traveler and to hear the news of Puddleby and England.

14:20 missing “had”
The next day after Cheapside had had a good sleep to rest up from his long journey the Doctor took the London sparrow to show him around the town of Fantippo.

19:16
You say: “But when the sparrow went to London, his friends went with him…”
The text reads:
“But when the sparrow went, all his London friends went with him and the post office was left with no city birds to attend to the city deliveries.”
benderca

Post by benderca »

Narrator Section 6:

8:00
You say “to” instead of “of”:
“headed around the island to No-Man's-Land,” which changes the meaning (the question is whether it matters or not).
The text reads:
“Then he pushed off, headed around the island of No-Man's-Land and paddled for all he was worth for the seaward end of Cape Stephen.”

11:44
You say “to the tower” instead of “of the tower”:
Without waiting to see what was the matter with him, the Doctor jumped over his body and began to grope his way up the winding stairs of the tower that led to the big lamp at the top.

There were a couple of other preposition switches that didn't change the meaning at all, so I left them out. These two change the meaning slightly, so I'll let you two decide. I think I would leave them as is.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Wow, TJ, I'm impressed with the amount of work you've done! :wink:

I'm not too particular on these. I'd like a correction on this one, from section 5:
benderca wrote: May 12th, 2020, 2:47 am 19:16
You say: “But when the sparrow went to London, his friends went with him…”
The text reads:
“But when the sparrow went, all his London friends went with him and the post office was left with no city birds to attend to the city deliveries.”
Otherwise, Larry, only worry about the ones that bug you! :D
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: May 12th, 2020, 6:21 am Wow, TJ, I'm impressed with the amount of work you've done! :wink:
Why, thank you, Devorah! I live to impress. :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Yes, impressive. :)
Maybe I'll go ahead on corrections tonight.

Prepositions, pronouns, and Jaberwocky often trip me up, but I'll whip these into shape.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I have some time today, so I'll try to get our PLs caught up. I have some notes for section 7, mostly minor.

2:49 Small change, but significant I think. Text reads "The city sparrow was delighted to find that the keepers were also Cockneys." I hear "The city sparrow was delighted to find that the innkeepers were also Cockneys." This is not an inn, though, but a lighthouse.
9:30 Longish pause in a strange place. "...then he would know that bad weather had delayed them ........... on the way..."
9:35 Then a stumble and restart "or that they had put off their starting time.... oh, again... or that they had put off their starting..."
12:43 Another pause here that can be cut down, after "asking for medical advice."
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 11 narration PL ok! The fight between the Doctor and Wilkins was particularly well done! :9:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 12 is also PL ok, aside from a few spacing issues which I can fix. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm going to start putting together what I have, so that when the Doctor's role comes in, adding him in should be a cinch!

That being said, I've realized that I'm missing a voice credit for Cheapside. I'll send a PM as well, in case Chris is already unsubscribed here.