COMPLETE [ANIMALS]The Living Animals of the World, Volume 1: Mammals-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
csinclair

Post by csinclair »

RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

csinclair wrote: May 1st, 2020, 9:51 am Section 57 again, now at 23:39

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_57_cornish_128kb.mp3
Perfect! Congratulations on your first PL OK LibriVox contribution! :clap: :clap: I hope to be hearing more from you. :)

Thanks,
~Rosebud
danenhower

Post by danenhower »

Are there any sections available that still need to be read? I'm ready to read!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

danenhower wrote: April 30th, 2020, 5:33 pm Hi, I can ready section 37 (Rhinoceros) if that's still open. If that section has been taken I am also down to read any other sections available.
Hello! I assigned you section 37, thanks for claiming. To check all available sections, please take a look at the window in the first post. Any sections on the list with an "Open" on the last column are available, in general. Thanks!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

StevenW wrote: May 1st, 2020, 3:27 am https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_55_cornish_128kb.mp3
20:45

I even re-recorded a few sentences before submitting here because I heard some background noises. (The Living Animals of my World were scratching themselves in the "studio"...) I made the second round of sentences sound as close to the first as I know how to. Let me know if anything is off!
:lol: :lol: :lol: The living animals of my world tend to scratch the door or meow quite loud when I close the door here. Thanks Steven!
Leni
=================
aviolaVO

Post by aviolaVO »

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

aviolaVO wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 8:42 am Hi,
Please see:
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_48_cornish_128kb.mp3

file duration: 09:30

Thanks!
Thanks much!
Leni
=================
danenhower

Post by danenhower »

What's up, just finished my recording (section 37: The Rhinoceros)!
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_37_cornish_128kb.mp3
file duration: 18:27
Let me know if i messed something up and I will work on getting it fixed ASAP, thanks!
GodsDreamer

Post by GodsDreamer »

May I claim sections 51 and 52? As a recent graduate with a degree in biology, this project is fascinating to me!
mischiefmanaged

Post by mischiefmanaged »

Hi there!

I'd like to claim Section 46, "The Waterbucks, The Blackbuck of India, The Gazelles".
I'm new to recording, the name to use is "Jay Mistry".
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

First of all I need to apologize for taking so much time in getting back to you about this!

Technical aspect that still needs fixed:
•Volume is at 92.8 dB, amplify -3.8

Actual reading:
•There are quite a few repeats that could use snipping. Have you figured out how to zoom in on specific sections of the sound file to do this? I don't require all of the repeats and stumbles to be edited out if you're satisfied with where it's at, but I do want to give you the opportunity to improve the end quality of this. I'll give you a few places to check out and see what you can do. The last is the most important to be fixed, as I see it. I did hear more than these, but I won’t put those on your list unless you feel ready to deal with them all.

~1:55 & 2:06 - two stumbles, "...and in older specimens to a very nark dark chestnut. Old bulls and occasionally old cows grow extremely dark with age, and at a distance appear almost black upon the back of and shoulders."
~3:46 stumble, "...in the forests of the North Kalahari, South Africa,"
~5:25 stumble, "The hoofs are large, elongate, nearly 12 inches in length in the case of old bulls, and look like those of gigantic ta, cattle."
~11:33 stumble, "Readers of "The Living Animals of the World" are in all probability readers of newspapers, and it would therefore fore be affectation on the part of the writer of these lines..."

(Words in bold are extras, underlined words belong but have stumbles.)

**About the background hum, I’m curious if you had noise elimination turned on while recording? Because that only eliminates noise while you’re not speaking, which leaves you no noise sample at the ends to use for noise cleaning for where you are speaking. Don’t worry about re-recording for this file, but I’d definitely suggest making sure that is not activated for future recordings.**
~Rosebud
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

danenhower wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 12:46 pm What's up, just finished my recording (section 37: The Rhinoceros)!
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_37_cornish_128kb.mp3
file duration: 18:27
Let me know if i messed something up and I will work on getting it fixed ASAP, thanks!
Thanks! Soon our PLer will give you some feedback!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

GodsDreamer wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 5:47 pm May I claim sections 51 and 52? As a recent graduate with a degree in biology, this project is fascinating to me!
Thanks for claiming! :)
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

mischiefmanaged wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 9:36 pm Hi there!

I'd like to claim Section 46, "The Waterbucks, The Blackbuck of India, The Gazelles".
I'm new to recording, the name to use is "Jay Mistry".
Hello, and welcome to LV! I will assign you the section, but as a first-time reader we suggest you try the 1 minute test before diving into your section: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

And with this, we are off to Readers Found!
Leni
=================