COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 013 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

I would like to be "an odious bore". May I read Oronte?
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

May I play Leander in "Damon"? :)
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
caspcurt

Post by caspcurt »

May I read Tim Rafferty in An Irish Engagement?
caspcurt~Curtis Casperson
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

caspcurt wrote: May 1st, 2020, 8:09 pm May I read Tim Rafferty in An Irish Engagement?
Oho, a new voice in our drama forum, welcome.

The first thing you should do is complete the one-minute test so we can verify that your equipment is properly set up. I will hold the part for a while so you can do that

In order to create your reader page, you need to tell me what reader name you want, can be your forum name, or real name, or any pseudonym you like.

Since this is the first time you record drama, here are a few special rules that I wrote up (well, not me - I stole these from Kitty, who I am sure you will meet soon) some time ago for new readers:

> no need to do an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which here should be something like: "Horton, a servant at Mrs. Emptage’s, read by Charlie Data" (or whatever you want your reader name to be). Use the words that are in the MW for the role.

> browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. It is not necessary to read the whole play unless you wish to, but it would be helpful to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying in your dialogue, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as dramatic as you can in your character. That's the fun in our dramas

> if there are stage directions qualifying your voice, like [sniggers] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting

> and very important: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 5-10 seconds. Even when you have stage directions in the middle of your speech, like [sits down] or something, also leave 2 seconds of pause there, because Todd (that's me), our editor has to copy all your parts and paste them into his master file and it's helpful if he has enough space to fiddle with

If there are any questions still, don't hesitate to ask, if not, have fun and good luck with your first role!

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

...and here she is, Pierrette, from Love Magic.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovemagic_pierrette_sierra.mp3

Thanks for your patience, :D
TJ
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here are the stage directions for Dod Gast Ye Both! A very charming play, I think. Cute little twist at the end! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dodgastyeboth_directions_heffner.mp3
11:48
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 12:05 pm ...and here she is, Pierrette, from Love Magic.
yay, the long-awaited Pierrette, thank you TJ, what a lovely and lively performance. I loved all the laughs you brought in here. Pierrette is mischievous but well-meaning. So sweet. And absolutely PL ok :)

Todd, you can finish the editing now :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 7:03 pm Here are the stage directions for Dod Gast Ye Both! A very charming play, I think. Cute little twist at the end! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dodgastyeboth_directions_heffner.mp3
11:48
Thank you. I will PL.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: May 4th, 2020, 4:40 am
benderca wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 12:05 pm ...and here she is, Pierrette, from Love Magic.
yay, the long-awaited Pierrette, thank you TJ, what a lovely and lively performance. I loved all the laughs you brought in here. Pierrette is mischievous but well-meaning. So sweet. And absolutely PL ok :)

Todd, you can finish the editing now :)

Sonia
Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Love Magic is ready for final PL.

I think your voices are all great in this. And I am delighted that I get to add being a marionette to my acting history....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 4th, 2020, 12:03 pmLove Magic is ready for final PL.
I think your voices are all great in this. And I am delighted that I get to add being a marionette to my acting history....
aww it's a beautiful little romantic story. :9: and I agree, we all play it so much in character, it's a delight to listen to. :thumbs:

I can picture us all standing behind a screen, lending our voices to small wooden puppets on strings. Sweet.

Excellent editing job again, Todd. I only have two suggestions for corrections:

> at 0:32: Columbine, wife of Pierrot: the description is missing here. I remember I handed the edited file in later on, when I noticed, you must have copied from the original file. The full voice credit should be in the new file: viewtopic.php?p=1645837#p1645837

> at 17:48: (p. 102) "love is cured by love, he..." "what is it that he wishes you to do ?" – I would shorten the pause between those two sentences, as Columbine is really cut off by Polichinelle here

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: April 20th, 2020, 5:57 pm Here's the cyclops again, not very satirical anymore. :wink:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cyclops_narrator_euripedes_128kb.mp3
sorry, I overlooked this one :shock: and thank you, it's absolutely perfect now and PL ok :)

Sonia