COMPLETE (Religion) Mountains in the Mist, FW Boreham (d. 1959)-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I see, that does explain it. Glad that you found a solution!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Laurence, I've just double checked on the tech specs for 19 and 22. Both are now good. (Checker is still flagging 19 for volume, but I'm willing to let it pass. It's at 86.0, the very bottom of our allowable range.)

However, this time I noticed a discrepancy in the run time, which I thought was odd, since you didn't make any textual changes. Sure enough, I realized that both of them now have about a full minute of silence at the end, not just the required 5 seconds. :hmm: I can quickly trim that myself, so no need to do anything more to them. But I thought you would want to know.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hi, Laurence!

I see Devorah has taken care of the Spot PL and corrections of the previous two sections, but here are my notes for the next two:

Section 21

Tech Note:

Bit rate is 64kbps, must be 128kbps

Reading Notes:

0:25 “Chapter 1, Granny” should be “Part 3 Chapter 1, Granny”
1:28 Repeat “she had ben becalmed in the tropic”

Section 29

Tech Note:

Overall volume is only 83.9 dB and the intro a few dB below that
~ Larry
Astronollie

Post by Astronollie »

Could I claim sections 6 and 7 please?
Billium113

Post by Billium113 »

Hey Larry, my PC crashed and everything has been erased. So it is gonna take me a while to get everything up and running again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Its gonna take me a while till I get to editing. Sorry :(
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Billium113 wrote: May 5th, 2020, 3:54 am Hey Larry, my PC crashed and everything has been erased. So it is gonna take me a while to get everything up and running again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Its gonna take me a while till I get to editing. Sorry :(
Oh, that's terrible!
Well, you can download the file from the MW if you need to.
And, I have a saved copy of everything, of course.
~ Larry
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

mightyfelix wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 6:12 pm Laurence, I've just double checked on the tech specs for 19 and 22. Both are now good. (Checker is still flagging 19 for volume, but I'm willing to let it pass. It's at 86.0, the very bottom of our allowable range.)

However, this time I noticed a discrepancy in the run time, which I thought was odd, since you didn't make any textual changes. Sure enough, I realized that both of them now have about a full minute of silence at the end, not just the required 5 seconds. :hmm: I can quickly trim that myself, so no need to do anything more to them. But I thought you would want to know.
OK thank you! I've been having that problem with pro tools from time to time, and though I had it solved!

Laurence
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

Grainneog

Post by Grainneog »

Hi!

This is section 18 - part 2, chapter 8. It's 20 minutes long. It passed the checker, but I'm not sure how well I did with editing my mistakes, and trying to keep a consistent volume! I've never been so aware of my breathing :)

Also, I made two mistakes when uploading - first I accidentally uploaded with chapter number instead of section number, and then botched renaming by writing mp3 at the end. I know clearing doesn't delete the file, so do I need to contact an admin? Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mountainsinthemist_18_boreham_128kb.mp3
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Grainneog wrote: May 10th, 2020, 7:01 am Hi!

This is section 18 - part 2, chapter 8. It's 20 minutes long. It passed the checker, but I'm not sure how well I did with editing my mistakes, and trying to keep a consistent volume! I've never been so aware of my breathing :)

Also, I made two mistakes when uploading - first I accidentally uploaded with chapter number instead of section number, and then botched renaming by writing mp3 at the end. I know clearing doesn't delete the file, so do I need to contact an admin? Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mountainsinthemist_18_boreham_128kb.mp3
I'll take a look, thanks for the heads up. As long as it didn't overwrite something else, we should be ok.
cimt

Post by cimt »

Could I read for section 24?
Carisa

"Anything's better than lying and deceit." -Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

cimt wrote: May 11th, 2020, 11:57 am Could I read for section 24?
Definitely! That looked like a really good one. Enjoy it! I won't be able to get you into the MW right now, as I'm away from home. But you can begin recording whenever you're ready.
cimt

Post by cimt »

This is section 24- https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/mountainsinthemist_24_boreham_128kb.mp3

It is 10:46.
You were right! This was a good section and I enjoyed reading it. :)
Carisa

"Anything's better than lying and deceit." -Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Astronollie wrote: May 4th, 2020, 11:45 am Could I claim sections 6 and 7 please?
So sorry that I didn't catch this post sooner! Yes, you definitely can! :D