Complete[GROUP]Dreams Collection 2 - Stories and Poems-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
foxcol

Post by foxcol »

Hi Michele.

I've recorded another one for the Dreams Collection 2.

This is The Dream of Eugene Aram, by Thomas Hood (1799-1845. A little known English poet, usually anthologised for his humorous writings.

It runs at 11:02.

Here's the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/dreamscollection2_thedreamofeugenearam_hood_nrc_128kb.mp3

Kind regards,
Nick.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana". Marx, G
foxcol

Post by foxcol »

Oops, forgot to add text source:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/15652

:hmm:

Nick
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes for The Dream of Eugene Aram

7:41 "like the first Fierce impulse unto crime!" first is missing
10:39-45, 6 seconds of silence before your Outro begins, shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 seconds, and the shortened disclaimer goes: This Librivox recording is in the public domain.
Checker report:
The recording should be in mono sound, not stereo sound. In Audacity, you set this with the Device Toolbar (Mono or Stereo), which can be found under View/Toolbars/Device Toolbar, and once set, it stays that way on new files, unless you change it back.
The volume, at 84.4dB, falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB). We shoot for a median of 89.

Also, we like to shorten file names by eliminating articles "the", "an" and others, and even more words sometimes. So your name could be "dreamofeugenearam", or "dreameugenearam", or even just "eugenearam" would suffice to identify it within this collection.

No need to rename your file this time, but since you are making other changes, you can if you want.

Nice poem by the way.
foxcol

Post by foxcol »

msfry wrote: May 1st, 2020, 11:48 am PL Notes for The Dream of Eugene Aram

10:39-45, 6 seconds of silence before your Outro begins, shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 seconds, and the shortened disclaimer goes: This Librivox recording is in the public domain.
Checker report:
The recording should be in mono sound, not stereo sound. In Audacity, you set this with the Device Toolbar (Mono or Stereo), which can be found under View/Toolbars/Device Toolbar, and once set, it stays that way on new files, unless you change it back.
The volume, at 84.4dB, falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB). We shoot for a median of 89.

Also, we like to shorten file names by eliminating articles "the", "an" and others, and even more words sometimes. So your name could be "dreamofeugenearam", or "dreameugenearam", or even just "eugenearam" would suffice to identify it within this collection.

No need to rename your file this time, but since you are making other changes, you can if you want.

Nice poem by the way.
Okay, thanks for the feedback, Michele. I'll get back on it, ASAP.

Nick.
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

msfry wrote: April 21st, 2020, 7:24 am
maxgal wrote: April 20th, 2020, 11:01 pm Hey Michele, would this qualify?
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/10031/10031-h/10031-h.htm#section2p
A dream within a dream?
Of course, a dreams collection without it would be incomplete!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:
:lol:
...coming soon...
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
foxcol

Post by foxcol »

foxcol wrote: May 1st, 2020, 1:05 pm
msfry wrote: May 1st, 2020, 11:48 am PL Notes for The Dream of Eugene Aram

Checker report:

Nice poem by the way.
Okay, thanks for the feedback, Michele. I'll get back on it, ASAP.

Nick.
I've redone it. Hopefully it's okay, now. Details the same as previous excepting that it now runs at 10:10.

Here's the link. https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/dreamscollection2_eugenearam_hood_nrc_128kb.mp3

Many thanks,
Nick
msfry

Post by msfry »

foxcol wrote: May 7th, 2020, 10:47 am I've redone it. Hopefully it's okay, now. Details the same as previous excepting that it now runs at 10:10.
You've re-recorded the whole poem? Or just made the changes specified?
foxcol

Post by foxcol »

msfry wrote: May 7th, 2020, 11:04 am
foxcol wrote: May 7th, 2020, 10:47 am I've redone it. Hopefully it's okay, now. Details the same as previous excepting that it now runs at 10:10.
Re-recorded.
:)
msfry

Post by msfry »

foxcol wrote: May 7th, 2020, 3:17 pm
msfry wrote: May 7th, 2020, 11:04 am
Re-recorded.
Okay, but you could have converted the stereo to mono with the push of a button, and there was only one other change to make, and renaming the file is nothing much, so I'm sorry that you started from scratch. Now I have to start from scratch to PL your new poem. I'll do it but in future let's try to just fix what's broke. Okay?
foxcol

Post by foxcol »

msfry wrote: May 8th, 2020, 4:40 pm
foxcol wrote: May 7th, 2020, 3:17 pm
msfry wrote: May 7th, 2020, 11:04 am You've re-recorded the whole poem? Or just made the changes specified?
Re-recorded.
Okay, but you could have converted the stereo to mono with the push of a button, and there was only one other change to make, and renaming the file is nothing much, so I'm sorry that you started from scratch. Now I have to start from scratch to PL your new poem. I'll do it but in future let's try to just fix what's broke. Okay?
Sorry to have put you to so much trouble.
I'm new at this and just finding my way. I Made several attempts at editing, but made it worse. I have trouble seeing the buttons and waveform clearly, as I am partially sighted.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Eugene Aram is PL AOK! A wonderful poem.

Oh God, that horrid horrid dream! I kept expecting the little boy to slowly scootch away then run, run, run like the wind!

Nick, I hope you will read more Thomas Hood poetry for LV! He's great, and you read him splendidly. If you have editing issues on future LV recordings, please call on me to help. Editing is something I enjoy doing.
foxcol

Post by foxcol »

msfry wrote: May 9th, 2020, 8:35 am Eugene Aram is PL AOK! A wonderful poem.

Oh God, that horrid horrid dream! I kept expecting the little boy to slowly scootch away then run, run, run like the wind!

Nick, I hope you will read more Thomas Hood poetry for LV! He's great, and you read him splendidly. If you have editing issues on future LV recordings, please call on me to help. Editing is something I enjoy doing.
:thumbs:
Kailey88

Post by Kailey88 »

Hello, I already posted a message on here with my recording, and I never got a response back. If there is something wrong with it, should I do it over again? Also, once you have done it right, then how do you see if your recording was ever used? Thank you!

-Kailey88
msfry

Post by msfry »

Kailey88 wrote: May 9th, 2020, 6:25 pm Hello, I already posted a message on here with my recording, and I never got a response back. If there is something wrong with it, should I do it over again? Also, once you have done it right, then how do you see if your recording was ever used? Thank you!

-Kailey88
Kailey, somehow your post eluded me. That happens occasionally, please accept my apology. I will Proof Listen your submission tomorrow, and answer your questions. You did right to call attention to the issue. All is well!
Kailey88

Post by Kailey88 »

Hi! I had a mistype in my last message. I meant "Once I have done it right, when will I know if my recording is used?"
I didn't mean to say "you"
And thank you so much! It is no worries! I am new here so I wasn't sure if there was something else I should have done! Haha! :D