[Complete] Leave it to Doris by Ethel Hueston - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21725
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 17th, 2020, 2:03 pm

calalilyuf wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 1:46 pm
I’m so sorry for doing this so late but I’m going to have to withdraw my request for chapters 3&4. I’m sick and don’t know when I’ll recover. God bless and stay safe.
I’m so sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you feel better soon.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 23 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

booksnchocolate
Posts: 14
Joined: April 20th, 2020, 10:08 am

Post by booksnchocolate » April 20th, 2020, 4:58 pm

Hello!
I would like to claim Section 3, please!
I am a new reader, and I have not yet completed my 1-minute test because I have ordered a new microphone that is due to arrive in the next day or two. As soon as I receive it, I will submit my 1-minute test.
I would like my name to appear in the catalog as Jan Perkins.
Thank you!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21725
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 20th, 2020, 6:29 pm

booksnchocolate wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 4:58 pm
Hello!
I would like to claim Section 3, please!
I am a new reader, and I have not yet completed my 1-minute test because I have ordered a new microphone that is due to arrive in the next day or two. As soon as I receive it, I will submit my 1-minute test.
I would like my name to appear in the catalog as Jan Perkins.
Thank you!
Welcome, Jan.
It’s good idea to hold off until your new mic arrives. In the meantime, you can investigate the forums. You could also practice reading out loud. For many of us, that is a major hurdle as we don’t like the sound of our own voice :roll:
I will sign you up for section 3 and add you to the catalog.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 23 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

mtania2794
Posts: 13
Joined: March 21st, 2020, 10:29 pm

Post by mtania2794 » April 23rd, 2020, 9:22 am

Hi. I would like to claim chapter 6, please.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21725
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 23rd, 2020, 9:42 am

mtania2794 wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 9:22 am
Hi. I would like to claim chapter 6, please.
Enjoy!
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 23 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

shewhospeaks
Posts: 37
Joined: June 5th, 2019, 5:59 am

Post by shewhospeaks » April 23rd, 2020, 1:33 pm

I'd like to claim sections 8 and 9, if I could.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21725
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 23rd, 2020, 5:30 pm

shewhospeaks wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 1:33 pm
I'd like to claim sections 8 and 9, if I could.
All yours!
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 23 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

shewhospeaks
Posts: 37
Joined: June 5th, 2019, 5:59 am

Post by shewhospeaks » April 24th, 2020, 1:01 am

Lynnet wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 5:30 pm
shewhospeaks wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 1:33 pm
I'd like to claim sections 8 and 9, if I could.
All yours!
Thank you!

jigraves
Posts: 26
Joined: January 10th, 2018, 9:43 am

Post by jigraves » May 1st, 2020, 9:21 am

Hello, I would like Section 14 The Doctor please. :) Thank you!
Jackie Graves
Noblesville, IN

Constructive feedback and criticism is always welcome. Thank you!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21725
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 1st, 2020, 9:29 am

jigraves wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 9:21 am
Hello, I would like Section 14 The Doctor please. :) Thank you!
Enjoy!
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 23 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

jigraves
Posts: 26
Joined: January 10th, 2018, 9:43 am

Post by jigraves » May 1st, 2020, 5:12 pm

Lynnet wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 9:29 am
jigraves wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 9:21 am
Hello, I would like Section 14 The Doctor please. :) Thank you!
Enjoy!
Thank you!
Jackie Graves
Noblesville, IN

Constructive feedback and criticism is always welcome. Thank you!

booksnchocolate
Posts: 14
Joined: April 20th, 2020, 10:08 am

Post by booksnchocolate » May 1st, 2020, 9:25 pm


Monaxi
Posts: 1277
Joined: April 30th, 2013, 7:34 pm
Location: Under a train bridge in NYC

Post by Monaxi » May 2nd, 2020, 5:56 am

booksnchocolate wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 9:25 pm
Hello!
I have uploaded chapter 3.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/leaveittodoris_03_hueston_128kb.mp3 (21:55.16)
Great! I'm looking forward to listening.
Peace be with you,
Sister

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21725
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 2nd, 2020, 9:09 am

booksnchocolate wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 9:25 pm
Hello!
I have uploaded chapter 3.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/leaveittodoris_03_hueston_128kb.mp3 (21:55.16)
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 23 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

Monaxi
Posts: 1277
Joined: April 30th, 2013, 7:34 pm
Location: Under a train bridge in NYC

Post by Monaxi » May 2nd, 2020, 10:29 am

booksnchocolate wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 9:25 pm
Hello!
I have uploaded chapter 3.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/leaveittodoris_03_hueston_128kb.mp3 (21:55.16)
Hello! Welcome to LV! I enjoyed your reading and have only a few comments:
Perhaps Lynnet can help us out with the first thing: The DC Bias was +6. I'm not sure exactly what that means, and the recording sounded nice, but my own numbers for that stat are quite a bit lower -- closer to "0". So, Lynnet, does this matter? What do you think?

Next, at 11:55 there is a stumble. Perhaps that's an edit that could be redone to be a little smoother?
Also, there are soft background noises throughout. This did not actually detract from listening and I do not suggest you try to fix them this time. I'm mentioning this so that you can have it mind for future recordings.

Over all, nice job!
Peace be with you,
Sister

Post Reply