[SOLO] The Fable of the Bees by Bernard Mandeville - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

29 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

Section 30 is ready for PL.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

30 is PL OK :thumbs:

Let the sailors burn and drown.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

Section 31 is ready for PL.

Edit: We're coming up on the dialogues pretty quickly. Should I just read the speaker's names? I don't think I'll be any good at separating their voices.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

(I'll get to 31 a little later today.)

On the dialogues, yeah, read the names. You could mark Horatio or Cleomenes to read in a slower pace, so they stand out a little bit from each other, but not worry about changing your voice.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

mmunoz wrote: April 26th, 2020, 11:17 pm Section 31 is ready for PL.

Edit: We're coming up on the dialogues pretty quickly. Should I just read the speaker's names? I don't think I'll be any good at separating their voices.
That was a long section for you!

Very minor notes, that may or may not be worthy of change to you:

37:26 "the generality of the people should fall in love with them" - the word love is not in the text

40:02 "page 237" should be 235. (would anybody ever need that to be accurate?)
~Lynette * -
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

The sections will be slightly shorter by wordcount from now on; we'll see if the dialogue format threatens to put them over the time limit as they are.

The spot PL edits are quick to make compared with the usual recording and editing, so I'm fine with changing small mistakes.

Section 31 is ready for spot PL.
Section 32 is ready for PL.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Haha! Another laugh-out-loud moment "I appoint the first of March, before St. James’s Gate, for that purpose, it being the birthday of the best and most glorious queen upon earth; and the burning of your book the smallest atonement you can make, for endeavouring to corrupt and debauch his majesty’s subjects in their principles." . . .

Section 31 is PL OK :thumbs:

NOTES for Section 32:

26:15 "So he never opposed those easy casuists" - should be "so he ever opposed"
~Lynette * -
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

LCaulkins wrote: April 28th, 2020, 7:55 am Haha! Another laugh-out-loud moment "I appoint the first of March, before St. James’s Gate, for that purpose, it being the birthday of the best and most glorious queen upon earth; and the burning of your book the smallest atonement you can make, for endeavouring to corrupt and debauch his majesty’s subjects in their principles." . . .
Yeah, he tries to give a sassy response about not reading the book, but Innes clearly has the better insult. It makes me curious what's in that book.

Section 32 is ready for spot PL.
Section 33 is ready for PL.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

32 and 33 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

Section 34 is ready for PL.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

34 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

Section 35 is ready for PL.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 35 is PL OK :thumbs:

You found a good spot for dividing this dialogue
~Lynette * -
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

Section 36 is ready for PL.