[COMPLETE] Christ and His Friends - L.A. Banks - mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
dolivervo
Posts: 42
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 2:51 pm

Post by dolivervo » April 20th, 2020, 3:38 am

Hello! I'm Dee and new to LibriVox. May I claim chapter 7? If so, I'd like to be in the catalogue as Dorcas Oliver.

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6722
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » April 20th, 2020, 9:22 am

Welcome Dee! (Or should I call you Dorcas? :hmm: )

I'll be happy to reserve this section for you, but before you start on it, please complete your one minute test and wait for feedback on it. This is to make sure that all your tech settings are correct. I don't want you to work hard on your very first project just to have to throw out your recording because of a setting that could have easily been changed at the start. :wink:

dolivervo
Posts: 42
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 2:51 pm

Post by dolivervo » April 25th, 2020, 9:05 pm

Dee is fine! Thanks! Will do!

dolivervo
Posts: 42
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 2:51 pm

Post by dolivervo » April 26th, 2020, 1:20 pm

Devorah,

Here is my one minute test. I also posted in the Listeners & Editors wanted forum.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_dolivervo.mp3

I did notice a kind of whine in the background when listening to playback, but the suggestion was to submit it raw so I did not attempt to fix that using any noise cleaning. Please let me know if that is an issue you note as well.

Thanks!

benjaminkpotter
Posts: 4
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 4:24 pm

Post by benjaminkpotter » April 26th, 2020, 4:17 pm

Could I read Chapters 5 and 6 if they're available? Thank You!
-Benjamin K. Potter

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6722
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » April 26th, 2020, 4:46 pm

dolivervo wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 1:20 pm
Devorah,

Here is my one minute test. I also posted in the Listeners & Editors wanted forum.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_dolivervo.mp3

I did notice a kind of whine in the background when listening to playback, but the suggestion was to submit it raw so I did not attempt to fix that using any noise cleaning. Please let me know if that is an issue you note as well.

Thanks!
Thank you, Dee. I took a look at it, and it checks out! I posted a response on your test thread and marked it OK. Let me know if you run into any questions or problems, but you're good to go ahead with this chapter. :D

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6722
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » April 26th, 2020, 4:56 pm

benjaminkpotter wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 4:17 pm
Could I read Chapters 5 and 6 if they're available? Thank You!
-Benjamin K. Potter
Thank you, Benjamin, and welcome! I'm happy to assign these two sections to you. I've just taken a look at your test, and it's good to go! I responded over in that thread, so take a look if you wish. :) Let me know if I can help with any other questions that may arise.

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6722
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » April 26th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Benjamin, this is your new personal reader page-----> https://librivox.org/reader/14172
And Dee, I forgot to post it for you earlier, so here is yours--------> https://librivox.org/reader/14132

Please take a look and let me know if your info looks ok. If not, I can fix it. This is where all of your projects will appear, both current and completed projects. Right now, this project is the only one that appears for both of you, but as you participate more, the list will grow. You can get to this page by clicking your name in the MW (magic window) of any project you're assigned to. Also notice the link that says Reader Section Details. This will keep track of all the sections you're assigned to and their status. I personally find it helpful to keep track of what I need to work on next. Again, welcome to you both!

benjaminkpotter
Posts: 4
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 4:24 pm

Post by benjaminkpotter » April 26th, 2020, 5:54 pm

Looks great! Thank you

Meetali10
Posts: 40
Joined: April 23rd, 2020, 4:20 am

Post by Meetali10 » April 27th, 2020, 4:52 am

Hello! Can I read The chapters 21 and 22? Chapter 21: Jesus, the light of the world and chapter 22: Christ, the liberator?

Please let me know!

Thank you!

Warm regards
Meetali

dolivervo
Posts: 42
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 2:51 pm

Post by dolivervo » April 29th, 2020, 5:07 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 5:03 pm
Benjamin, this is your new personal reader page-----> https://librivox.org/reader/14172
And Dee, I forgot to post it for you earlier, so here is yours--------> https://librivox.org/reader/14132

Please take a look and let me know if your info looks ok. If not, I can fix it. This is where all of your projects will appear, both current and completed projects. Right now, this project is the only one that appears for both of you, but as you participate more, the list will grow. You can get to this page by clicking your name in the MW (magic window) of any project you're assigned to. Also notice the link that says Reader Section Details. This will keep track of all the sections you're assigned to and their status. I personally find it helpful to keep track of what I need to work on next. Again, welcome to you both!
Everything looks good to me. Thank you!

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6722
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » April 29th, 2020, 8:17 pm

Meetali10 wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 4:52 am
Hello! Can I read The chapters 21 and 22? Chapter 21: Jesus, the light of the world and chapter 22: Christ, the liberator?

Please let me know!

Thank you!

Warm regards
Meetali
Yes, I'll be happy to assign you those. How would you like to be credited in the catalogue? You can use your real name, forum name, or whatever name you like.

Before you begin these, make sure you get an official OK on your one-minute test. :) Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Meetali10
Posts: 40
Joined: April 23rd, 2020, 4:20 am

Post by Meetali10 » April 30th, 2020, 2:33 am

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I have submitted a modified 1 minute test, looking forward to get official go go! And sure, will let you know :)

Thank you!

Warm regards
Meetali

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6722
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » April 30th, 2020, 4:11 pm

Lomond, I've just uploaded chapter 18, when you get the time. This was my first time reading this author. I do believe I'm going to like him.

lomond
Posts: 1882
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » May 5th, 2020, 3:36 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 4:11 pm
Lomond, I've just uploaded chapter 18, when you get the time. This was my first time reading this author. I do believe I'm going to like him.
Greetings -

Thanks for the great reading. The song was beautiful. I'm with you, I am going to enjoy Banks' work.

Lomond

Post Reply