Hello from Japan

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
MrCrow

Post by MrCrow »

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here and a newbie to narration. I enjoy talking and reading and I hope my voice isn't as annoying as my wife says it is. I look forward to working with you all.
Eric
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello Eric,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
ShaunBlake

Post by ShaunBlake »

MrCrow wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 4:54 am Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here and a newbie to narration. I enjoy talking and reading and I hope my voice isn't as annoying as my wife says it is. I look forward to working with you all.
Eric
Hi, MrCrow; you and I are in the same boat. (Well, except for the wife. And except for being in Japan.) I think you need a new mic. Although it didn't help my 'problem', it's better than surgery (and they don't do head transplants. Yet.

Hope you enjoy your 'work' here. And can find a way to filter out my witticisms!
As a person wishing to gain knowledge with hard work, augmented by leeching–but humbly leeching–CC is always welcome, by quotes in the forum or PMs.
MrCrow

Post by MrCrow »

ShaunBlake wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 9:06 am
MrCrow wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 4:54 am Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here and a newbie to narration. I enjoy talking and reading and I hope my voice isn't as annoying as my wife says it is. I look forward to working with you all.
Eric
Hi, MrCrow; you and I are in the same boat. (Well, except for the wife. And except for being in Japan.) I think you need a new mic. Although it didn't help my 'problem', it's better than surgery (and they don't do head transplants. Yet.

Hope you enjoy your 'work' here. And can find a way to filter out my witticisms!
Hello Shaun, we are both in the annoying voice boat? A new mic would certainly be cheaper than surgery but hopefully I can just get used to it.

Thanks for the welcome
MrCrow

Post by MrCrow »

miss stav wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 1:48 pm Hello Eric,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here.
Stav.
Thank you!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Eric, your voice will be loved by people, I promise. Please don't worry at all. In fact, unique voices can make the very best narrators. :thumbs:
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
MrCrow

Post by MrCrow »

philchenevert wrote: April 25th, 2020, 10:40 am Eric, your voice will be loved by people, I promise. Please don't worry at all. In fact, unique voices can make the very best narrators. :thumbs:
Thank you Phil :D