COMPLETE [GROUP]Ingersoll on THE GREAT INFIDELS, from the Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Volume 3, Lecture 6 - ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Levine wrote: April 20th, 2020, 9:53 pm
msfry wrote: April 20th, 2020, 9:04 pm Section 1 is uploaded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3greatinfidels_01_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3 5:08

Brian, can you PL this for me please?

Section 1 = PL OK

(...must have felt a bit like déjà vu. Ingersoll's lecture on Voltaire started in much the same way. Genius borrowing from itself,
I guess. Why rewrite that which is already damn near perfect?)
Thanks, I suspect this whole lecture was pieced together posthumously from the Colonel's notes. His secretary and family did that for him not to let the little gems fall by the wayside. Ingersoll, An Intimate View tells this story.
Levine

Post by Levine »

msfry wrote: April 21st, 2020, 7:41 am
Levine wrote: April 20th, 2020, 9:53 pm
msfry wrote: April 20th, 2020, 9:04 pm Section 1 is uploaded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3greatinfidels_01_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3 5:08

Brian, can you PL this for me please?

Section 1 = PL OK

(...must have felt a bit like déjà vu. Ingersoll's lecture on Voltaire started in much the same way. Genius borrowing from itself,
I guess. Why rewrite that which is already damn near perfect?)
Thanks, I suspect this whole lecture was pieced together posthumously from the Colonel's notes. His secretary and family did that for him not to let the little gems fall by the wayside. Ingersoll, An Intimate View tells this story.
I’m sure you’re right.

I’m very familiar with this book that you’ve read for Librivox. It’s wonderful.

A couple times I tried researching (unsuccessfully) Mr. Isaac Newton Baker to see if I could learn more about HIM. He, in his own right, wrote/expressed himself so eloquently. I wish he’d have written an autobiography, or something.

Thanks again.
I hope you’re doing well.
gondola

Post by gondola »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 2 is PL OK. I made the right decision giving this one up for you, Brian. Splendid reading, rightfully full of indignation! :thumbs:

Section 9 PL Notes
Wonderful reading, Florence. Just one issue. Please rename your file according to the first post instructions, and reupload. It needs to say _09, not 9 (because the 16 sections of this project go into the double digits, so they all have to be double digits). Yes, the very devil is in the details! :twisted: Which is why I recommend you copy and paste the file name when you save, only changing the _X_ or _XX_ to your section number.
Levine

Post by Levine »

msfry wrote: April 25th, 2020, 12:32 pm Section 2 is PL OK. I made the right decision giving this one up for you, Brian. Splendid reading, rightfully full of indignation! :thumbs:
Thank you! Honestly... I wasn’t sure. I felt like I was hissing at the listener throughout. Ingersoll seemed to be a much more genial fellow. A guy who could ALWAYS make his point without raising his voice or losing his temper. His delivery was probably a whole lot less acerbic and mordant than my own. I’m just naturally an unpleasant fellow. It felt ... natural. :-)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Levine wrote: April 25th, 2020, 5:54 pm
msfry wrote: April 25th, 2020, 12:32 pm Section 2 is PL OK. I made the right decision giving this one up for you, Brian. Splendid reading, rightfully full of indignation! :thumbs:
Thank you! Honestly... I wasn’t sure. I felt like I was hissing at the listener throughout. Ingersoll seemed to be a much more genial fellow. A guy who could ALWAYS make his point without raising his voice or losing his temper. His delivery was probably a whole lot less acerbic and mordant than my own. I’m just naturally an unpleasant fellow. It felt ... natural. :-)
I've heard he was a mellow fellow even in his delivery, but I'm sure he had something about his person that conveyed his points without a doubt. We have to do it our way, and that's okay too. 8-)
gondola

Post by gondola »

Hi
Here's section 9 with amended title . (I always miss something!)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3greatinfidels_09_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3
msfry

Post by msfry »

gondola wrote: April 27th, 2020, 11:22 am Hi
Here's section 9 with amended title . (I always miss something!)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3greatinfidels_09_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3
:thumbs: Section 9 is PL OK.
(I remind myself that every keystroke is an opportunity to err and none of us are perfect. We gotta watch each others' backs.)
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

May I tackle sections 6, 7 and 8?
msfry

Post by msfry »

RitaBoutros wrote: April 29th, 2020, 7:47 am May I tackle sections 6, 7 and 8?
Great! They are yours. :D
gondola

Post by gondola »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Thank you gondola, Section 10 is PL OK.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thank you Rita. 3, 4, 5 and 14 are yours. You have got on your Ingersoll! :thumbs: :thumbs:

PL Notes Sections 6, 7 and 8 all well done and enjoyed and marked PL OK. Only one thing:
in the Intros "Ingersoll on The Great Infidels" is out of order and repeated. For your next sections please read from the First Post.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Here is section 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3greatinfidels_03_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3
13:32

Thanks for your input and I have incorporated that into this recording. I'd be happy to amend the previous chapters if you wish.