Upcoming project

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/002789374

I didn't know where to discuss this, so here it is!

I plan on recording the full volume of this weekly publication. There are 52 issues and each records at about 10 to 12 (maybe 15) minutes.

Might I divided the project into two parts? I thought I'd do this as a solo---unless someone else is interested, too---as I don't want the project to linger. Speaking frankly, though, I personally don't want to 'slog' through 52 issues but could more easily get 26 done and then come back to what would be Part 2 sometime in the future.

Any advice on this? My question, or suggestion, may be a bit unorthodox, but, after all, it is me asking.

EDIT: Re-posted from another thread, now erased. I do need advice. This must be the proper place.
linny

Post by linny »

Sure, you may split it. Take a look at how I split a project with too many sections. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=77703 You'll be essentially doing the same thing. I would mention something about the split in the description.

If you don't start part 2 right away, please post in Book Suggestions (multi-volume works) when part 1 is complete so it doesn't get forgotten about.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny wrote: April 24th, 2020, 1:52 pm Sure, you may split it. Take a look at how I split a project with too many sections. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=77703 You'll be essentially doing the same thing. I would mention something about the split in the description.

If you don't start part 2 right away, please post in Book Suggestions (multi-volume works) when part 1 is complete so it doesn't get forgotten about.
Good advice. That last bit in particular.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

They must have issue numbers or dates or something - you just need to call the first project "???? issues 01-26) but there is nothing wrong with projects taking some time. It keeps us with a variety of projects to suit the variety of readers we have.

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

annise wrote: April 24th, 2020, 3:30 pm They must have issue numbers or dates or something - you just need to call the first project "???? issues 01-26) but there is nothing wrong with projects taking some time. It keeps us with a variety of projects to suit the variety of readers we have.

Anne
Thanks. I'll have to figure that all out before I get started. (I'm going to try to finish my Sleuth of St. James's Square project first!)