Hi from Denmark

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
LaPo

Post by LaPo »

Hi there,
I am Lars, I live in Denmark and I narrate audiobooks, translate novels, make bookreviews and other bookstuff :)
I would love to do some reading of books/texts in Danish - or English, if you don't mind the accent ;)
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
Groucho Marx
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome! and we love all accents here. Please jump in and have fun.

Oh, and Isabella, the happy Librivox penguin (who is currently working from home of course) welcomes you too with her happy dance Image
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
ShaunBlake

Post by ShaunBlake »

LaPo wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 2:28 am Hi there,
I am Lars, I live in Denmark and I narrate audiobooks, translate novels, make bookreviews and other bookstuff :)
I would love to do some reading of books/texts in Danish - or English, if you don't mind the accent ;)
Hi, Lars. I happen to like the accent–but only if you sound like Harry Hole. Can we be friends? If not, it's okay, it won't be difficult to take you off my Christmas list. :P
As a person wishing to gain knowledge with hard work, augmented by leeching–but humbly leeching–CC is always welcome, by quotes in the forum or PMs.
LaPo

Post by LaPo »

Hi ShaunBlake :-)

I sound nothing like Harry Hole, since he is Norwegian and I am not ;-)

Friends? Sure. How does that work? I just joined Librivox yesterday, and haven't figured out all the features yet :-)
ShaunBlake wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 12:00 pm
Hi, Lars. I happen to like the accent–but only if you sound like Harry Hole. Can we be friends? If not, it's okay, it won't be difficult to take you off my Christmas list. :P
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
Groucho Marx
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
ShaunBlake

Post by ShaunBlake »

LaPo wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 12:07 pm Hi ShaunBlake :-)

I sound nothing like Harry Hole, since he is Norwegian and I am not ;-)

Friends? Sure. How does that work? I just joined Librivox yesterday, and haven't figured out all the features yet :-)
ShaunBlake wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 12:00 pm
<snip>
Can we be friends? If not, it's okay, it won't be difficult to take you off my Christmas list. :P
So, my sincere apologies; this forum seems to not facilitate things like buddy or friend associations. I meant 'friends' in the general (comical) sense of, "if you don't sound like Harry Hole, there must be no value to you but might we be friends anyway".

I wanted to (in my clumsy way) shine a light on the fact that your accent should not be an impediment in most cases, and might even add depth to a strict English setting. I think you should keep an open mind and consider each English version on a case-by-case basis. Heck, if it would be fun to do, I would do so just for the fun and satisfaction of it. Add it to my library even if it doesn't pass muster for the LibriVox catalog.

All that being said, I'm a newer bee than you, so what do I know! :lol:
As a person wishing to gain knowledge with hard work, augmented by leeching–but humbly leeching–CC is always welcome, by quotes in the forum or PMs.
LaPo

Post by LaPo »

All forgiven :lol:

I'll be your friend - digital or otherwise.

Thank you for the encouragement to go ahead and do it anyway - native English or not. I just might do that, so brace yourself 8-)
ShaunBlake wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 5:11 pm
So, my sincere apologies; this forum seems to not facilitate things like buddy or friend associations. I meant 'friends' in the general (comical) sense of, "if you don't sound like Harry Hole, there must be no value to you but might we be friends anyway".

I wanted to (in my clumsy way) shine a light on the fact that your accent should not be an impediment in most cases, and might even add depth to a strict English setting. I think you should keep an open mind and consider each English version on a case-by-case basis. Heck, if it would be fun to do, I would do so just for the fun and satisfaction of it. Add it to my library even if it doesn't pass muster for the LibriVox catalog.

All that being said, I'm a newer bee than you, so what do I know! :lol:
Groucho Marx
ShaunBlake

Post by ShaunBlake »

LaPo wrote: April 24th, 2020, 1:04 am All forgiven :lol:

I'll be your friend - digital or otherwise.

Thank you for the encouragement to go ahead and do it anyway - native English or not. I just might do that, so brace yourself 8-)
ShaunBlake wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 5:11 pm So, my sincere apologies; this forum seems to not facilitate things like buddy or friend associations. I <SNIP>
Got my seat belt on.

Hey, I'm your biggest fan.
(don't disappoint!)

:lol:
:thumbs: :clap:

First: have fun!
Finally: more fun!