[SOLO] The Fable of the Bees by Bernard Mandeville - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks so much, Linny - Yeah, I forgot to tell you we're using "end of section XX" for this.

A slower pace here matches nicely with the increase of other readers' submissions, with so many folks being stuck at home these days. 8-)

I'll be back for the next section :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

Section 25 ready for sport PL.

Another section tomorrow.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Nice edit! (did you remember to change the time stamp?) Section 25 PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

Yes, I updated the length for section 25.

Section 26 is ready for PL.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 26 is PL OK :thumbs:

As is 25 :)
~Lynette * -
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

I've suddenly become very busy, and unfortunately I won't be able to record until either late this month or early next month.

I promise I'm not abandoning this; I'll see you then.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

sure thing - thanks for the heads up
~Lynette * -
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

I'm ready to start this again ahead of schedule. I can also probably record about once per day now. Is everything still overbooked?

Section 26 is ready for PL.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Great timing! I was able to get back to my normal hours of LibriVox work just yesterday, so we're good to go!

Edit: I've got 27 on tap for the morning.
~Lynette * -
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

LCaulkins wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 8:24 pmEdit: I've got 27 on tap for the morning.
Yes, 27. Not sure why I typed 26.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

mmunoz wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 10:21 pm
LCaulkins wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 8:24 pmEdit: I've got 27 on tap for the morning.
Yes, 27. Not sure why I typed 26.
Bahahaha!!! Oh, Bernard, Bernard.... How dare the lazy slut aspire to have her children educated? We must keep them ignorant, so they will be happy to be our servants and do the manual labor we don't want to do ourselves, and do it for nothing more than their grandfathers earned thirty years ago! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Section 27 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

LCaulkins wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 7:57 amBahahaha!!! Oh, Bernard, Bernard.... How dare the lazy slut aspire to have her children educated?
Maybe you already know this, but I think at that time slut referred to idleness rather than promiscuity (though obviously the derogatory meanings bleed into each other over time).

The education argument is a bit frustrating because he seems to understand how wages work in general, but just can't imagine that the "natural" rates would have any social effect other than regenerating generations of servants.
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

Section 28 is ready for PL.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I did not already know that former meaning of the word. Either way, it's funny.

Section 28 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
mmunoz

Post by mmunoz »

Section 29 is ready for PL.