Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, now all the lines are correct but your bitrate has changed to variable :? which wasn't before. Could you check your settings please ? I can't imagine why it changed all by itself. :hmm:

Sorry...

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty wrote: April 15th, 2020, 8:41 am
thank you, now all the lines are correct but your bitrate has changed to variable :? which wasn't before. Could you check your settings please ? I can't imagine why it changed all by itself. :hmm:

Sorry...

Sonia
Reloaded at the correct bit rate.
I have been setting up a linux laptop to sit permanently in my recording area. It's been a bit of a nightmare getting it all installed and I forgot to set the bit rate on the last install.
How boring was that!!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: April 15th, 2020, 9:25 am I have been setting up a linux laptop to sit permanently in my recording area. It's been a bit of a nightmare getting it all installed and I forgot to set the bit rate on the last install.
How boring was that!!
ok that makes sense. Well good thing we found it right at the start. Now PL ok, thanks !

Sonia
skypigeon

Post by skypigeon »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/engaged_belvawney_1_128kb.mp3

Direction welcome--not sure how much ham you want on this sandwich :wink:

There's one wicked plosive in here I think I've mellowed out, will fix if you think otherwise.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

skypigeon wrote: April 16th, 2020, 4:36 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/engaged_belvawney_1_128kb.mp3
There's one wicked plosive in here I think I've mellowed out, will fix if you think otherwise.
how wonderful :lol: I was rolling on the floor here during the performance. Oh and ham is good, very good, the more the better, especially with a Gilbert comedy. I loved the undisguised opportunistic character of Belvawney here. You played him excellently. Especially the scene with Maggie is so funny. :mrgreen: Already looking forward to the next act.

Super to have you joining the troupe, and thanks for daring ! You fit right in here.

PL ok. I didn't notice a nasty plosive, all is well :)

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Symperson act 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/engaged_symperson_1.mp3

There seems to be a distinct absence of any suggestion that Minnie should be consulted about this marriage proposal :hmm:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The play was running too long so they cut that part out.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: April 21st, 2020, 3:11 amSymperson act 1
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/engaged_symperson_1.mp3
There seems to be a distinct absence of any suggestion that Minnie should be consulted about this marriage proposal :hmm:
I think Minnie has her own ideas anyway :mrgreen: Nice job again, Alan, thank you. :) Symperson is undisguisedly money-hunting I see. :lol: Looking forward to how this character will develop.

PL ok

Sonia
skypigeon

Post by skypigeon »

Kitty wrote: April 17th, 2020, 12:30 pm
skypigeon wrote: April 16th, 2020, 4:36 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/engaged_belvawney_1_128kb.mp3
how wonderful :lol: I was rolling on the floor here during the performance. Oh and ham is good, very good, the more the better, especially with a Gilbert comedy. I loved the undisguised opportunistic character of Belvawney here. You played him excellently. Especially the scene with Maggie is so funny. :mrgreen: Already looking forward to the next act.

Super to have you joining the troupe, and thanks for daring ! You fit right in here.

PL ok. I didn't notice a nasty plosive, all is well :)

Sonia
Sonia/Kitty, you are way too kind :) Thank you!

Act 2 up: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/engaged_belvawney_2_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow and another wonderful performance, and I must admit, this "satanic laugh" was really evil :shock: Belvawny is not really a good "friend" to Cheviot, is he :lol: not when money is concerned.

Careful though, in the heat of the performance (understandably) you exceeded the volume limit, your overall volume is 94 dB (we accept between 86 and 92). You could decrease the whole thing by -3 maybe. Also careful because clipping can occur (in fact it did on some parts) and this may distort the sound. It's ok here, I don't hear too much disturbing crackles, but it's a good hint to watch out for the volume in Act 3 ;)

Only one textual error to correct here:

> at 1:10: (p. 66) "she implored me to tell her your name and address" - you said "tell me", which doesn't make any sense here

Thanks again, I love this role !

Sonia
skypigeon

Post by skypigeon »

Yikes--I was afraid of that--when I submitted the file I'd already adjusted it -2db, are you asking I adjust it a further -3db below that, or -3db overall? Correction made on the line cited, sorry I missed it.

Will try to get a bit less carried away for Act 3. It's just these characters--Belvawney and Cheviot--are just so... for lack of a better word... bipolar, even for a broad farce like this, it's hard not to wig out while playing them. Are you familiar with the 90s TV sitcom Frasier? I see Belvawney as Frasier and Cheviot as Niles... :shock:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

skypigeon wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 9:48 amYikes--I was afraid of that--when I submitted the file I'd already adjusted it -2db, are you asking I adjust it a further -3db below that, or -3db overall?
I don't know what you did to the file before you upload but the uploaded file is at 94 dB, if you already decreased that means you had it at 96 previously :shock: Maybe you can step away from the mic a bit if you get carried away again :lol: Or set your input volume to less.
Correction made on the line cited, sorry I missed it.
have you reuploaded it ?
Are you familiar with the 90s TV sitcom Frasier?
I know the name but I have never seen any episode, sorry.

Sonia