Complete[RELIGION/MEDICINE] Religion and Health by James J. Walsh-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
echelon1230

Post by echelon1230 »

I would like to claim Chapter II (Prayer) please! These are sections 3 and 4!
GillH

Post by GillH »

I have a question from the beginning of Chapter 1. There seems to be a missing word in:
"This is the questioning feeling that will not down for a certain number of those who have had educational advantages."

Does that make sense or was it supposed to be "that will not stay down" or similar?
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

GillH wrote: April 18th, 2020, 3:43 pm I have a question from the beginning of Chapter 1. There seems to be a missing word in:
"This is the questioning feeling that will not down for a certain number of those who have had educational advantages."

Does that make sense or was it supposed to be "that will not stay down" or similar?
Given the circumstances, please do! :)
Thanks for bringing the issue forward to us (instead of making a decision directly), as issues of this kind need to be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Your carefulness is really appreciated, too!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

echelon1230 wrote: April 18th, 2020, 11:52 am I would like to claim Chapter II (Prayer) please! These are sections 3 and 4!
Of course! We're thrilled to have you here. :)
How would you like your "Display Name" to be on your LibriVox homepage?
Any personal website you hope us to put up there too?
Cheers,
echelon1230

Post by echelon1230 »

YuqingJune wrote: April 19th, 2020, 3:16 am
echelon1230 wrote: April 18th, 2020, 11:52 am I would like to claim Chapter II (Prayer) please! These are sections 3 and 4!
Of course! We're thrilled to have you here. :)
How would you like your "Display Name" to be on your LibriVox homepage?
Any personal website you hope us to put up there too?
My real name is fine - John Miklaucic - thanks for asking! And thanks for the warm welcome :)

No website just yet, but I'm working on some portfolio stuff in the next few months so it's possible I'd add later! Thank you!
jeanen

Post by jeanen »

Can I have sections 3 & 4 and section 22?
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

jeanen wrote: April 19th, 2020, 6:04 pm Can I have sections 3 & 4 and section 22?
Welcome and thanks for expressing your interest!
Can you submit your 1-minute test in the Listeners Forum first? This is just to make sure your settings are fine.
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
Once you get an OK for your test, you're good to go!
Cheers,
GillH

Post by GillH »

GillH

Post by GillH »

YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Thank you, Gill!
4 of our sections are ready for PLing now. Anyone interested? :)
Cheers,
jeanen

Post by jeanen »

YuqingJune wrote: April 20th, 2020, 4:38 am
jeanen wrote: April 19th, 2020, 6:04 pm Can I have sections 3 & 4 and section 22?
Welcome and thanks for expressing your interest!
Can you submit your 1-minute test in the Listeners Forum first? This is just to make sure your settings are fine.
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
Once you get an OK for your test, you're good to go!
Okay, I submitted my test. Hopefully it will get an OK soon. Thank you!
echelon1230

Post by echelon1230 »

Just wanted to clarify - am I good to go for sections 3&4? It looks like they're still labeled as "open."

I see Jeanen wanted to maybe claim these after I put in my bid for them, which is fine! But I was going to start recording today and I didn't want to jump the gun if it wasn't a sure thing. I can always do sections 5&6 if they wanted 3&4.
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

echelon1230 wrote: April 21st, 2020, 1:23 pm Just wanted to clarify - am I good to go for sections 3&4? It looks like they're still labeled as "open."

I see Jeanen wanted to maybe claim these after I put in my bid for them, which is fine! But I was going to start recording today and I didn't want to jump the gun if it wasn't a sure thing. I can always do sections 5&6 if they wanted 3&4.
Hi! If you don't mind doing sections 5 & 6 first, shall we give Jeanen a bit more time? :wink:
My apologies for not catching the double request for sections 3 & 4!
Thanks so much for your understanding, and happy recording!
Cheers,
echelon1230

Post by echelon1230 »

YuqingJune wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 1:00 am
echelon1230 wrote: April 21st, 2020, 1:23 pm Just wanted to clarify - am I good to go for sections 3&4? It looks like they're still labeled as "open."

Hi! If you don't mind doing sections 5 & 6 first, shall we give Jeanen a bit more time? :wink:
No worries at all! I will gladly take 5&6 instead. I'll get started today :)
jeanen

Post by jeanen »

YuqingJune wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 1:00 am

Hi, thanks you guys! I seem to have gotten the ok! I appreciate you guys giving me the time. ;)