[COMPLETE]Compendious History of English Literature and the English Language, Vol. I, by George L. Craik - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yes a lot of Middle English, but you achieved it quite well. It was easy to understand the way you narrated it :thumbs: No problems here, can be marked PL ok straight away.

Thank you, Jim :) and have a nice day still

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Good news! Thanks so much. Jim :D
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Ok, here is the last of Chaucer, the best! Jim :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent, yes Jim. Some great poetry here. The funny thing is that I read the part of the Host of the Tavern only a few days ago in a DR excerpt :lol: and now I hear the same part read by you again.

At first I thought the "italics" are not needed, but since he mentions them at the end of the chapter, you did well to include a sort of footnote here. :thumbs:

Totally PL ok, thanks

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Wow! So quick! Oh, yes, I meant to tell you about that italics business. I do appreciate you so much. Yours, Jim :thumbs:

P.S. Sounds interesting: The Canterbury Tales dramatized.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 30. So that's where the three caskets deal came from! Jim :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I always found that Gower was more difficult to understand and digest than Chaucer :lol: and this text doesn't change my opinion ;)

thank you, Jim, another PL ok section. I hope you had a calm Easter Sunday :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yes, happy Easter to you as well! And thanks for your compassion when it comes to my work on this project. Yours, Jim :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 31. Jim :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and 31 is also PL ok. We're making good progress here. :) Thank you, Jim.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thank you, Sonia! Jim :D
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I have recorded Section 32. It came out to be 74 minutes. Should I divide or not? Jim :hmm:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: April 24th, 2020, 9:03 amI have recorded Section 32. It came out to be 74 minutes. Should I divide or not?
I think 74 is the absolute maximum you can do. So don't divide it. Maybe you could make the pacing a bit faster (Change Tempo) to get it down a minute or two still. You never read too fast, so speeding it up a bit won't be doing it any harm.

On the other hand, if you can divide it into two sections of 40 minutes, that would be cool too, otherwise this is the only section that is double the length of all the others. I am sorry I wasn't careful in dividing the sections. :( Can you find a nice division almost in the middle maybe ?

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I think I can speed it up. There is another issue, that of pronunciation. I decided to include the syllable created by a final e. But was that the right decision. I did it thinking that the listener wouldn't fully understand the language, but I am not sure that matters. In any case, I plan to re-record. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: April 24th, 2020, 1:22 pm I think I can speed it up. There is another issue, that of pronunciation. I decided to include the syllable created by a final e. But was that the right decision. I did it thinking that the listener wouldn't fully understand the language, but I am not sure that matters. In any case, I plan to re-record. Jim
I hope you don't mean to re-record the whole 70 minutes !!!! no please, that is too much work. I think the best would be to split it in two. It has so many sub-chapters, you surely find a place where to cut.

Sonia