Complete [Essays] Essays on Art by Goethe-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
soupy

Post by soupy »

The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
MaxReichlich

Post by MaxReichlich »

cadastra wrote: April 18th, 2020, 12:51 pm Section 8 (special PL requested) is PL OK. Beautiful reading - I love your accent and your pronunciation is spot on. Your reading speed is neither too fast nor too slow. Nice work.
Thanks a lot for taking the time, cadastra!
MaxReichlich

Post by MaxReichlich »

schrm wrote: April 18th, 2020, 1:49 pm a big thx to both of you!

max: dein englisch ist 1a!
:D

gn
Vielen Dank, schrm! Der nächste Abschnitt ist schon in Arbeit - übrigens, wusstest du, dass Goethes sämtliche Werke auch auf deutsch online sind?

Grüße und gute Nacht
Max
schrm

Post by schrm »

MaxReichlich wrote: April 18th, 2020, 3:55 pm Vielen Dank, schrm! Der nächste Abschnitt ist schon in Arbeit - übrigens, wusstest du, dass Goethes sämtliche Werke auch auf deutsch online sind?
hi max,

:oops: now, that is my fault: out of politeness and to respect the forum rules: please, the forum's main language is english.
a single sentence or greetings are ok, but please no chatting in german here. i'm sorry to be a bad example and i apologize for having misled you
(you see my mistakes in english, maybe - it's better to write bad english than german :D )

did you know, that our catalogue had goethe as one of the first authors?
https://librivox.org/author/63
he was number 63, seems to be.

we have several of his works in the german prose and poems collections, and some stand alone books.

the complete works, i honestly don't know?
but, honestly: 1001 nights in german needed several years to be done by our very, very hardworking bernd/gavenport.
in english, as group projetcs, part 4 is up and running here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77888&hilit=arabian+nights
and i doubt, that we..

well, instead of arguing against it, better to ask back, first: do you want to read all of goethes works in german?
if so, we should better start a talk on this in a german language thread... 8-)

:-D

cheers,
Last edited by schrm on April 19th, 2020, 2:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

soupy wrote: April 18th, 2020, 2:39 pm Here is section 7

On the Laocoon

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_07_goethe_128kb.mp3

28:45

Craig
thank you so much craig!

i will enter the data asap!

cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
MaxReichlich

Post by MaxReichlich »

schrm wrote: April 19th, 2020, 2:04 am
MaxReichlich wrote: April 18th, 2020, 3:55 pm Vielen Dank, schrm! Der nächste Abschnitt ist schon in Arbeit - übrigens, wusstest du, dass Goethes sämtliche Werke auch auf deutsch online sind?
hi max,

:oops: now, that is my fault: out of politeness and to respect the forum rules: please, the forum's main language is english.
a single sentence or greetings are ok, but please no chatting in german here. i'm sorry to be a bad example and i apologize for having misled you
(you see my mistakes in english, maybe - it's better to write bad english than german :D )
Of course, sorry. No problem!
did you know, that our catalogue had goethe as one of the first authors?
https://librivox.org/author/63
he was number 63, seems to be.

we have several of his works in the german prose and poems collections, and some stand alone books.

the complete works, i honestly don't know?
but, honestly: 1001 nights in german needed several years to be done by our very, very hardworking bernd/gavenport.
in english, as group projetcs, part 4 is up and running here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77888&hilit=arabian+nights
and i doubt, that we..

well, instead of arguing against it, better to ask back, first: do you want to read all of goethes works in german?
if so, we should better start a talk on this in a german language thread... 8-)

:-D

cheers,
No no, I have no such ambition. :D I just stumbled upon the complete works by him on archive.org and then found just the letter that I had read in English there. I guess, when I think about it, in the past I have always preferred reading things in their original language if i can, so I wondered why you chose to do his works in English, but of course, why not! I guess that's kind of silly, narrow-minded of me.
I am looking fo sth. to do as a solo project, and I have sth. in mind already (not Goethe's complete works :mrgreen: ), so I might start that some time soon.
A question relating to that: The publication date has to be before 1925, right? I'm asking because I have also read 1923 and 1924, even in recent posts, but a quick internet search seemed to say 1925 is right.

Thanks and cheers,
Max
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

schrm

Post by schrm »

MaxReichlich wrote: April 19th, 2020, 3:22 am
when I think about it, in the past I have always preferred reading things in their original language if i can, so I wondered why you chose to do his works in English, but of course, why not!

I am looking fo sth. to do as a solo project, and I have sth. in mind already (not Goethe's complete works :mrgreen: ), so I might start that some time soon.
A question relating to that: The publication date has to be before 1925, right? I'm asking because I have also read 1923 and 1924, even in recent posts, but a quick internet search seemed to say 1925 is right.

i am more the type of content loving, sometimes. maybe i love the language, the word using, the melody, or i just fancy the contents.
that is the case with my english projects,at the moment.
bertha von suttners lay down your arms and goethes essays on art are fascinating - and missing in the english catalogue, i think :D
as a bc, i think it is thrilling to host projects in english and german.there are differences for sure, and by far more english projects and books already in our catalogue. but this book here, is the translators collected work and in german, there are other collections and editions of his letters.
so, summarized: there is less of a competitive situation, more an additive - and that in several aspects.

according to us laws, the publication date has to be before! 1925 since 2020-01-01.
so, 31.12.1924 is the absolutely last possible day!

there is some confusion and missing updates in some parts of the forum, maybe. that is, because they changed the system (back again) to a sort of rolling release model regarding pd. after several years, or even tens of years having the same year as a margin... it is date of publication +96 years, seems to be.
--> we are allowed to enjoy the freedom of a system, where every new year a full year of published books gets into public domain. <--

as a hint: as a german/eu citizen, you have to respect the laws of eu, too!
that is, authors year of death plus full 70 years - an author, who died 1950, is not gemeinfrei! and will be gemeinfrei next year.

causes some headaches as a bc, but we have to respect both laws.
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

ToddHW wrote: April 19th, 2020, 9:57 am Here is Section 59. Length 6:48

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_59_goethe_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Todd
thank you todd, data will get updated in the mw!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
homunculusontheloose

Post by homunculusontheloose »

schrm wrote: April 14th, 2020, 10:30 am
homunculusontheloose wrote: April 14th, 2020, 10:17 am I'll take both parts of Ancient and Modern (38 and 39).
heyho,

38 and 39 are assigned to you!

thx for your claims :-)
My apologies, but you mind taking me off of sections 38/39? I'm trying to cut down on my Internet usage.
schrm

Post by schrm »

homunculusontheloose wrote: April 20th, 2020, 11:55 pm My apologies, but you mind taking me off of sections 38/39? I'm trying to cut down on my Internet usage.
sure - you don't have to give a reason!
no problem to unclaim sctions, no questions asked, no comments, but a: thank you for telling me!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
MaxReichlich

Post by MaxReichlich »

Hello schrm and cadastra,

here is my section 42:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_42_goethe_128kb.mp3 [06:33]

I called the subsections of the essay "sections" 1 - 4. Is this fine?

Have a nice day,
Max
MaxReichlich

Post by MaxReichlich »

MaxReichlich wrote: April 21st, 2020, 4:39 am Hello schrm and cadastra,

here is my section 42:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_42_goethe_128kb.mp3 [06:33]

I called the subsections of the essay "sections" 1 - 4. Is this fine?

Have a nice day,
Max
Oh, I just realized it is section 43! Did I overwrite the existing recording by humunculusontheloose?? Oh no... I hope not!
MaxReichlich

Post by MaxReichlich »

homunculusontheloose wrote: April 13th, 2020, 8:12 am Attached is my upload for Section 42:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_42_goethe_128kb.mp3

file duration:
7:16
Hi homunculusontheloose,

I'm so sorry, but I mixed up the section numbers, so I think I uploaded my section to your file and overwrote it. Could you reupload your section 42? Thank you and sorry again!

Max
schrm

Post by schrm »

MaxReichlich wrote: April 21st, 2020, 4:48 am
homunculusontheloose wrote: April 13th, 2020, 8:12 am Attached is my upload for Section 42:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_42_goethe_128kb.mp3

file duration:
7:16
Hi homunculusontheloose,

I'm so sorry, but I mixed up the section numbers, so I think I uploaded my section to your file and overwrote it. Could you reupload your section 42? Thank you and sorry again!

Max

heyho,

that is not that big a problem - amy can edit the section titles.
and i can change the link to the original file by homunculusontheloose.

but it is of big importance to know about it!
so thank you for telling us and: max, you did upload it named correctly?
edit: i see you didn't, yet. please upload your file named correctly!

thank you,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275