Complete [Essays] Essays on Art by Goethe-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
homunculusontheloose

Post by homunculusontheloose »

cadastra wrote: April 13th, 2020, 6:59 pm Section 52 is PL OK.

Section 42 PL notes:

You have a lovely reading voice! There is a repeat at 6:48 ("and these two noble fruits grow . . . grow far asunder") that needs to be removed, and there are 2 seconds of silence instead of 5 at the end of the recording. Also, there is a technical issue with your file; the volume is too high at 93.1 dB. We aim for about 89 dB, with an acceptable range of 87-91 dB. Your file will need to be de-amplified by -4. In Audacity, select the whole recording. Click Effect > Amplify. In the Amplification box, enter the number -4. Verify that the file is around 89 dB using Checker (a program that checks technical specifications against LibriVox standards - quick to download and easy to use - https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker).

Once you have made the aforementioned edits, re-upload using the same file name. Post in this thread when you have uploaded the edited file. Make sure you include the new duration of the file. Thanks so much!
Done deal!
Section 42: 7:20

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_42_goethe_128kb.mp3
Bethblakely

Post by Bethblakely »

schrm

Post by schrm »

thank you to both of you!
:D
data is entered already!

cheers
homunculusontheloose wrote: April 15th, 2020, 7:42 am
Done deal!
Section 42: 7:20

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_42_goethe_128kb.mp3
Bethblakely wrote: April 15th, 2020, 12:28 pm Section 22 Duration 6:40

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_22_goethe_128kb.mp3

cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
MaxReichlich

Post by MaxReichlich »

Hi schrm!

I found another interesting project of yours. :)) (yes, I've spent quite some time on the forums since I've registered. :mrgreen: )

I'd like to claim section 8, the first letter. Nice to try out different types of text!

All the best
Max Reichlich
schrm

Post by schrm »

MaxReichlich wrote: April 15th, 2020, 2:09 pm Hi schrm!

I found another interesting project of yours. :)) (yes, I've spent quite some time on the forums since I've registered. :mrgreen: )

I'd like to claim section 8, the first letter. Nice to try out different types of text!

All the best
Max Reichlich
heyho max,

after registration, there is so much to read.... and, my feeling: there will be more and more to read :-D
glad you like several of my bc projects - the first letter is yours!

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
MaxReichlich

Post by MaxReichlich »

Hi!

Here's my recording of the first letter:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_08_goethe_128kb.mp3 [04:56]

I have a question: If the PL level is specified in the opening post, is it allowed to request additional feedback or does that mean too much work for the PLer? In any case I am open for any feedback (I know about mouthclicks and I am working on my setup). Thanks a lot! :)

schrm,

I might pick up more letters later, if I may, but for now I would like to claim section 43 Hints to young Artists.

All the best
Max
schrm

Post by schrm »

MaxReichlich wrote: April 16th, 2020, 5:34 am Hi!

I have a question: If the PL level is specified in the opening post, is it allowed to request additional feedback or does that mean too much work for the PLer? In any case I am open for any feedback (I know about mouthclicks and I am working on my setup). Thanks a lot! :)

schrm,

I might pick up more letters later, if I may, but for now I would like to claim section 43 Hints to young Artists.

All the best
Max
thank you for your recording, max!
data will be entered asap!

our dpl cadastra did agree to pl with the specified level standard.
that is void in general: you may ask for cc (constructive criticism) for every section you want to, but it depends on eg time management and mood of the dpl...
some dpl don't do cc or wordperfect pl - and that is ok, because that's why we declare the pl level to which they agreed. and in such cases, for sure they agreed to the level standard pl.
so, as bc a hint to the rules and no further answer by me.
that is cadastra's decision!

thank you for your claim!
i will assign it asap!

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

MaxReichlich wrote: April 16th, 2020, 5:34 am Hi!

schrm,

All the best
Max
Max,
You are certainly allowed to ask for additional feedback beyond the PL level, and it is up to the DPL whether or not he/she wants to provide that additional feedback. I am the DPL for this project, and I will do my best to provide you with additional feedback. Could you specify further what type of feedback you are looking for? Thanks so much.
MaxReichlich

Post by MaxReichlich »

cadastra wrote: April 16th, 2020, 6:06 am
Max,
You are certainly allowed to ask for additional feedback beyond the PL level, and it is up to the DPL whether or not he/she wants to provide that additional feedback. I am the DPL for this project, and I will do my best to provide you with additional feedback. Could you specify further what type of feedback you are looking for? Thanks so much.
Hi cadastra,
thanks for your reply and offer to give feedback. My questions would be: Are there sections where I might be too fast to be understood easily or do I need to enunciate more? I recently recorded the weekly poem and on listening to it under different conditions I realized I could hardly understand myself in some spots. :lol: Also any pronunciation that seems off in your opinion. But no need to be thorough. I just wanted to say that I welcome any remarks on these questions, if they come up. Thanks in advance!

Max
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Sections 22 and 44 are PL OK.
schrm

Post by schrm »

thank you cadastra!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
EMILIAISEMMALEE

Post by EMILIAISEMMALEE »

Greetings,

I was still awaiting feedback on my 1 minute test and unsure if I'm eligible to claim. However if so/when able & if still available I'm interested in the following:

Sections 44-50 "Upon Dilettantism" (Parts 1-7)

If not able to do entire "dilettantism" part of book I have a preference for:
Section 44 (Part 1)
Section 45 (Part 2)
Section 49 (Part 6)
Section 50 (Part 7)

I am a new reader and would prefer my name be in the catalog as my username is in all caps (EMILIAISEMMALEE) or all lowercase (emiliaisemmalee).

A link to my writing & content portfolio would be awesome: http://emiliaottoo.contently.com/

I'll await instruction or clarity, thank you.

Emilia A. Ottoo/EMMA LEE

:help:
schrm

Post by schrm »

EMILIAISEMMALEE wrote: April 17th, 2020, 4:42 pm Greetings,

I was still awaiting feedback on my 1 minute test and unsure if I'm eligible to claim. However if so/when able & if still available I'm interested in the following:

Sections 44-50 "Upon Dilettantism" (Parts 1-7)

If not able to do entire "dilettantism" part of book I have a preference for:
Section 44 (Part 1)
Section 45 (Part 2)
Section 49 (Part 6)
Section 50 (Part 7)

I am a new reader and would prefer my name be in the catalog as my username is in all caps (EMILIAISEMMALEE) or all lowercase (emiliaisemmalee).

A link to my writing & content portfolio would be awesome: http://emiliaottoo.contently.com/

I'll await instruction or clarity, thank you.

Emilia A. Ottoo/EMMA LEE

:help:
hi emilia,

welcome to librivox! and welcome to essays on art by goethe! :D

you are right, that is a big bunch of claims for the beginning - and you claimed in other projects, too.

on the other hand, this project has started a few days ago and is in it's beginnings.
but i tried to make the sections rather short for easing the contributing...
and as long as you try to upload all sections within two months and don't vanish...
:-)

i assign these sections to you.
--> but please, give further feedback and/or upload sections, so that i see you are active.

meanwhile, which name shall we show on your catalogue page?
as an explanation: our catalogue has a reader page for each reader. this readr page offers also some overview tools, or todo list functionality.
we can link a webpage or blog, if you want to.
--> please, tell me your catalogue name (which you may read in the sections intro or outro, if you want to) with spaces and exact spelling.

thank you for your interest and wish to contribute to the public domain!

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Section 8 (special PL requested) is PL OK. Beautiful reading - I love your accent and your pronunciation is spot on. Your reading speed is neither too fast nor too slow. Nice work.
schrm

Post by schrm »

a big thx to both of you!

max: dein englisch ist 1a!

gn
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275