[ANCIENT PHILOSOPHY] The Memorable Thoughts of Socrates by Xenophon - Leni

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
soupy
Posts: 3861
Joined: November 14th, 2008, 4:04 pm
Location: Appleton, Wisconsin
Contact:

Post by soupy » April 11th, 2020, 5:55 am

Sectioins 30-31 ar PLOK :thumbs:

Thanks shibe :D

Craig
To murder in cold blood all joy in life for him who has no money is a dreadful thing and that is what the moneyed man does.

Help us finish
The Spirit of the Age.


My Website
Kierkegaards Challenge

firest0rm
Posts: 13
Joined: July 1st, 2007, 2:34 pm

Post by firest0rm » April 11th, 2020, 11:29 am

Hello!

May I claim section 36?

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12412
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » April 11th, 2020, 11:39 am

firest0rm wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 11:29 am
Hello!

May I claim section 36?
Hello! Sure, thanks for claiming. Since it has been a while since you recorded, I suggest you try the 1-minute test before the section itself: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

firest0rm
Posts: 13
Joined: July 1st, 2007, 2:34 pm

Post by firest0rm » April 11th, 2020, 2:46 pm


Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12412
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » April 11th, 2020, 3:45 pm

Hello, firestorm and thanks for the recording. But unfortunately, I passed it through checker and the recording is in stereo, when it should be in mono. Could you please reupload it in mono? Thanks!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

RHelfmann
Posts: 20
Joined: February 2nd, 2020, 2:41 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by RHelfmann » April 11th, 2020, 4:38 pm

Made the fixes to Section 6:
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/memorabilia_06_xenophon_128kb.mp3
07:18
and did a pass at Section 8:
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/memorabilia_08_xenophon_128kb.mp3
02:20

I changed my set up, if you dislike the change please let me know and ill redo section 8 in the previous set up
Cheers,
Eddy Elfman

firest0rm
Posts: 13
Joined: July 1st, 2007, 2:34 pm

Post by firest0rm » April 11th, 2020, 4:55 pm

Leni wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 3:45 pm
Hello, firestorm and thanks for the recording. But unfortunately, I passed it through checker and the recording is in stereo, when it should be in mono. Could you please reupload it in mono? Thanks!
Oops, sorry about that. I thought file size was the main concern. This one should be mono:

Section 36
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/memorabilia_36_xenophon_128kb.mp3
7:46

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12412
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » April 14th, 2020, 7:32 pm

RHelfmann wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 4:38 pm
Made the fixes to Section 6:
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/memorabilia_06_xenophon_128kb.mp3
07:18
and did a pass at Section 8:
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/memorabilia_08_xenophon_128kb.mp3
02:20

I changed my set up, if you dislike the change please let me know and ill redo section 8 in the previous set up
Hmmm... for some reason I did not get these messages... :hmm:

Thanks for the recordings!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12412
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » April 14th, 2020, 7:33 pm

firest0rm wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 4:55 pm
Leni wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 3:45 pm
Hello, firestorm and thanks for the recording. But unfortunately, I passed it through checker and the recording is in stereo, when it should be in mono. Could you please reupload it in mono? Thanks!
Oops, sorry about that. I thought file size was the main concern. This one should be mono:

Section 36
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/memorabilia_36_xenophon_128kb.mp3
7:46
Thanks, our Proof-Listener will give you more feedback!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

DJRickyV
Posts: 206
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 3:38 pm

Post by DJRickyV » April 15th, 2020, 8:32 pm

“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon

pschempf
Posts: 1659
Joined: April 5th, 2013, 8:28 pm
Location: Coastal Alaska Rainforest
Contact:

Post by pschempf » April 15th, 2020, 8:45 pm

Leni -

May I have section 28?
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12412
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » April 16th, 2020, 9:30 am

Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12412
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » April 16th, 2020, 9:32 am

pschempf wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 8:45 pm
Leni -

May I have section 28?
Sure, thanks for claiming!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

niadavid
Posts: 2
Joined: April 10th, 2020, 11:33 am

Post by niadavid » April 17th, 2020, 7:34 am

Hi :) Can I record BOOK 4, CHAPTER IV. INSTANCES OF THE INVIOLABLE INTEGRITY OF SOCRATES.—HIS CONVERSATION WITH HIPPIAS CONCERNING JUSTICE.

Thanks!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12412
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » April 17th, 2020, 4:39 pm

niadavid wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 7:34 am
Hi :) Can I record BOOK 4, CHAPTER IV. INSTANCES OF THE INVIOLABLE INTEGRITY OF SOCRATES.—HIS CONVERSATION WITH HIPPIAS CONCERNING JUSTICE.

Thanks!
Hello and welcome to Librivox!

Before you start recording, please try the 1-minute test, so you get to know the technical specs needed for our files: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Also, I need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to be listed in the catalog.
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

Post Reply