Complete-[Politcs/Philosophy]Enquiry Concerning Political Justice Vol1-William Godwin-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Great! Thanks, Jim! :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Jddykst wrote: April 11th, 2020, 9:39 am Thanks. :D

Sections 12 and 11 are submitted, at 18:44 and 8:06, respectively.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry_12_godwin_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry_11_godwin_128kb.mp3

Jim D.
Another nice job, Jim!

PL NOTES:

Enquiry Section 11
4:35 and 5:30 Text="vicious" heard "vICKus" s/b "vISHus"
==================================================

Enquiry Section 12

8:01 in continuation of long footnote.
Heard: "that might continue to *RUPT* upon it."
S/b: "that might continue to rest upon it."
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
otiosus

Post by otiosus »

Good Morning / Evening / What are days on quarantine?

I would like to read the chapter on Tyrannicide - BOOK IV. CHAP. IV.

My microphone is in the mail and I will complete the 1 minute test on it's arrival so I can start the chapter.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Okay. Please check back when you are all set up and have your test approved. If it is still open, it will be yours. If not, there are others.
I hope you will enjoy recording.
Stay safe.
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
EMILIAISEMMALEE

Post by EMILIAISEMMALEE »

Greetings,

I was still awaiting feedback on my 1 minute test and unsure if I'm eligible to claim. However if so/when able and if still available I'm interested in the following:

Section 37 - "BOOK IV CHAPTER VII - OF FREE WILL & NECESSITY"

I am a new reader and would prefer my name be in the catalog as my username is in all caps (EMILIAISEMMALEE) or all lowercase (emiliaisemmalee).

A link to my writing & content portfolio would be awesome: http://emiliaottoo.contently.com/

I'll await instruction or clarity, thank you.

Emilia A. Ottoo/EMMA LEE

:help:
Jddykst

Post by Jddykst »

Sections 11 and 12 re-submitted. Thought I had caught everything before the initial submittal, thanks for the proof.

Jim D.

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow just as well -Mark Twain
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Jddykst wrote: April 17th, 2020, 9:35 pm Sections 11 and 12 re-submitted. Thought I had caught everything before the initial submittal, thanks for the proof.

Thanks, Jim. Both 11 and 12 are now PL OK.

Your new signature, a name from the past: Adrian Monk!! Of all his "assistants", Sharona was my favorite.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you, Jim and William! :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

EMILIAISEMMALEE wrote: April 17th, 2020, 4:52 pm Greetings,

I was still awaiting feedback on my 1 minute test and unsure if I'm eligible to claim. However if so/when able and if still available I'm interested in the following:

Section 37 - "BOOK IV CHAPTER VII - OF FREE WILL & NECESSITY"

I am a new reader and would prefer my name be in the catalog as my username is in all caps (EMILIAISEMMALEE) or all lowercase (emiliaisemmalee).

A link to my writing & content portfolio would be awesome: http://emiliaottoo.contently.com/

I'll await instruction or clarity, thank you.

Emilia A. Ottoo/EMMA LEE

:help:
Emma,
I checked your test. There are a few issues that need to be addressed. It is better to do it before you do a long recording. Please check my feedback. It is with your test in the Listeners forum.
I'll reserve section 37 for you for a week, pending a good test. I hope you will be good to go soon.
Cheers,
Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

otiosus wrote: April 16th, 2020, 8:07 am Good Morning / Evening / What are days on quarantine?

My microphone is in the mail and I will complete the 1 minute test on it's arrival so I can start the chapter.
Hi Otiosus,
It looks like there is only a volume issue with your test. I will sign you up for this chapter. You picked a good one to start with, nice and short. I hope you aren't into killing Tyrant. If you have any problems, let me or the help forum know.
Cheers,
Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

alg1001 wrote: April 18th, 2020, 9:48 am
otiosus wrote: April 16th, 2020, 8:07 am Good Morning / Evening / What are days on quarantine?

Hi Otiosus,
It looks like there is only a volume issue with your test. I will sign you up for this chapter. You picked a good one to start with, nice and short. I hope you aren't into killing Tyrant. If you have any problems, let me or the help forum know.
We name the files by section number so this would be enquiry_31_godwin .
I entered otiosus as your catalog name. If you want different one, let me know.
Cheers,
Amy
turtle11

Post by turtle11 »

Can I still claim sections 28-30?
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Turtle11,
You have 28-30. How would you like your name to appear in the catalog?
Thanks,
-Amy
turtle11

Post by turtle11 »

alg1001 wrote: April 25th, 2020, 4:40 pm Hi Turtle11,
You have 28-30. How would you like your name to appear in the catalog?
Thanks,
-Amy
turtle11 is fine for now. I'd rather not use my real name and I haven't really settled on a good pseudonym yet :)
turtle11

Post by turtle11 »

So if the chapters begin like this, do we read all of the this opening stuff?
BOOK IV.
OF THE OPERATION OF OPINIOK IK SOCIETIES AKD INDIVIDUALS.
CHAP. I.
OF RESISTAKCE.
Subject of the fourth book.—First branch of the subject.—Question of resistance stated.—Resistance of a nation.—Ambiguity of the term nation.—Case of a military subjection considered.—Resistance of a majority—of a minority.—Further ambiguity of the term nation.
the individual.