COMPLETE (Religion) Mountains in the Mist, FW Boreham (d. 1959)-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thomhand wrote: April 10th, 2020, 9:40 am I am up loading section 13 "The Dainties in Dungeon"
Duration: 16:28

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mountainsinthemist_13_boreham_128kb.mp3
Thank you! I've entered this in the MW. :)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thomhand wrote: April 10th, 2020, 9:40 am I am up loading section 13 "The Dainties in Dungeon"
Duration: 16:28

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mountainsinthemist_13_boreham_128kb.mp3
Well read and PL OK.
Quite a sobering chapter.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Billium113

Post by Billium113 »

Hi, can I claim 16,17 please> assuming an admin corrects my second audio text requested by Tricia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Billium113 wrote: April 11th, 2020, 9:54 am Hi, can I claim 16,17 please> assuming an admin corrects my second audio text requested by Tricia
Hello, and welcome! I see that you have gotten the official OK on your test, so you're ready to get started! I'm away from home at the moment, and so I can't assign parts officially in the MW (magic window) just now. But I will assign these to you when I get home, or sometime tomorrow at the latest. However, you don't need to wait until you see your name in there, but you can begin recording whenever you're ready! Have fun, and let me know if you have any questions. :D
Grainneog

Post by Grainneog »

Hi! Got an okay on my one minute test a few days ago - is it okay if I claim section 18 (pt 2, chapter 8 The Doctor)? Thank you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Grainneog wrote: April 14th, 2020, 3:48 am Hi! Got an okay on my one minute test a few days ago - is it okay if I claim section 18 (pt 2, chapter 8 The Doctor)? Thank you!
Certainly, happy to have you! In order to officially assign the section to you, since this is your first one, I'll need to set up your personal reader page. To do that, I need to know how you'd like to be credited in the catalogue. You can use your real name, forum name, or any other name you wish. Please let me know what name you want. :)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

silverquill wrote: March 6th, 2020, 11:37 pm Really short, but here is the introduction:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mountainsinthemist_01_boreham_128kb.mp3 2:00
Oh, I didn't get this in the MW, but it is now.
~ Larry
Grainneog

Post by Grainneog »

mightyfelix wrote: April 14th, 2020, 7:48 am
Grainneog wrote: April 14th, 2020, 3:48 am Hi! Got an okay on my one minute test a few days ago - is it okay if I claim section 18 (pt 2, chapter 8 The Doctor)? Thank you!
Certainly, happy to have you! In order to officially assign the section to you, since this is your first one, I'll need to set up your personal reader page. To do that, I need to know how you'd like to be credited in the catalogue. You can use your real name, forum name, or any other name you wish. Please let me know what name you want. :)
Hi, and thanks! I'd like to be credited as Lan, if that's okay :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: April 14th, 2020, 9:06 pm
silverquill wrote: March 6th, 2020, 11:37 pm Really short, but here is the introduction:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mountainsinthemist_01_boreham_128kb.mp3 2:00
Oh, I didn't get this in the MW, but it is now.
Oh, I don't even remember seeing this, I'm sorry! I'm certainly not expecting you to enter all your own sections in the MW, but thank you for this one. If I can get to the computer today, I'll listen before work.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Grainneog wrote: April 15th, 2020, 2:40 am Hi, and thanks! I'd like to be credited as Lan, if that's okay :)
Sounds great. If I can get to the computer before work today, I'll get you all set up. :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, Lan, here is your brand new reader page------> https://librivox.org/reader/14095

Here you can see every project you read for, past or present. Right now, it's just this one, but there will be more soon, hopefully! :wink: You can also get to this page by clicking your reader name in the MW.

And you're officially signed up for section 18. Have fun, and let me know if you have any questions! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you for this wonderful introduction, Larry! :D

A couple of small points:

I didn't give you specific instructions on reading the intro to this section, and as it doesn't follow the Part/Chapter structure of the rest, you had to guess, so I'm sorry about that. But if you wouldn't mind, it should be fairly easy to cut the "By way of" from the very beginning, so that it's just "Introduction of Mountains in the Mist." After the intro, and when you're starting the section itself, of course, the "By way of" should stay in.
1:26 I hear "One thing, too, I have seen..." Text reads "Other things, too..."
If you like, you can also close it out by saying "End of Introduction." But it actually sounds alright as is, so if you want, we can leave the ending alone.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, if I had thought about what I was doing for the introduction, I would have done it that way. Sorry.
Anyway, here it is with the correction and new intro and outro.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mountainsinthemist_01_boreham_128kb.mp3 1:59

Got two sections fo Dolittle recorded and should get one or both edited tomorrow.
~ Larry
Billium113

Post by Billium113 »

kleungcanada

Post by kleungcanada »