'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

icequeen wrote: April 7th, 2020, 9:09 pm Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just love your distinctive voice. I have listened to several books you have read, and I will listen to many more. Thank you for reading these books.
All of Phil's recordings!
Thank you. I am very pleased to hear this and hope you enjoy many more of my and others recordings!! Stay healthy. :D
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

philchenevert wrote: April 8th, 2020, 6:31 am
icequeen wrote: April 7th, 2020, 9:09 pm Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just love your distinctive voice. I have listened to several books you have read, and I will listen to many more. Thank you for reading these books.
All of Phil's recordings!
Thank you. I am very pleased to hear this and hope you enjoy many more of my and others recordings!! Stay healthy. :D

I have passed your message on for you, Phil!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have been searching for a decade plus, for an audio recording of "The History of the Reformation in the 16th Century" by JH Merle D'aubigne. I went so far as to create an audiobook from the PDF using text aloud software. Your recording gives life to the work and your dynamic spirit brings the history to the moment with vibrance and intimacy.

Oh Christopher Smith, THANK YOU so much for your excellent and much-needed endeavor in recording the audio version of this esteemed and most pertinent work regarding our current times. We are under the mantle of myriad falsehood just as the Reformation confronted by the grace of God, and cast down. I asked with much importuning, please make contact with me and avail me to your plans regarding the completion of this work as I have a ministry and would regard this work as one of the primary and most prevalent works to be imbibed by all I encounter.

I return my gratitude one more time before closing, for your most excellent and ever and I pray that I hear from you and if needed, can assist you in any way with the reading.

Blessings to you and yours...
Mel
and...
I would like to thank Christopher Smith for his excellent efforts at reading the History Of The Reformation in the 16th Century by JH Merle D'Aubigne Volumes 1 and 2 . This 5 volume work, a capital achievement, is essential in unveiling the repetitive cyclical battle between those who lust after power by any deceptive means and those who, by selfless dedication to the truth, set men free, through faithful dissemination of the Word of the God of Truth. I cannot thank you enough Christopher, for your dedication and use of such a splendid vocal gift as your voice, to bring this tome to life for the edification of individuals the world over. I can but only hope with anticipation, for your continued efforts in the completion of the remaining three volumes. May God bless your efforts Christopher and go with the gratitude of those who know the magnitude of your accomplishment.

Kindest Regards...
Mel

All of Chris' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mark F. Smith,

Thank you so much for your voice recording of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Not only was your voice pleasant to listen to, it was calming and intriguing. These past few days, I've been listening non-stop to the recordings. While doing dishes, drawing, cleaning, and even as I'm going to sleep at night. Thank you for taking the time to record The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, it'll forever be one of my favorites.

Sincerely,
Marie

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tommybascue (tommybascue) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Tommybascue;

I just want to thank you for your reading of “A Sandshore Wooing”, one of Lucy Maud Montgomery’s Short Stories 1902-1903. You did such a good job that it brought the story alive to me and I could feel the ‘scared to get caught’ emotions of the girl and the ‘laughter’ in the communications of the man.

Thank you again for reading this aloud. I spend most of my working days driving and so do not get any time for pleasure reading, thus I appreciate so much the effort of those that have read these books.

Sue

All of tommybascue's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for racheleellen (rachelellen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Rachelellen,

I am an educator going online, and I just found your recording of The Five Little Peppers. Your reading is warm, delightful, and life-giving! My students will enjoy listening to this while they are away from the classroom.

Thank you for taking the time to make a wonderful recording of a great book!

Sincerely,

Heidi

All of rachelellen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of the group project The Small House at Allington from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Greetings,
I have been enjoying the rendition of "The Small House at Allington" by Anthony Trollope. All of the readers have done a magnificent job, I feel. This could have been done much worse and still been passable. I have heard one rendition of a Trollope work with a paid actor that was not as good as any of the voices on this one because it seemed pretentious.

I would especially like to make a positive comment on AlWPoe. This reader's voice is excellent, easy to listen to, but beyond that it also seems (to me) remarkably similar to the voice of Doctor Who actor Sylvester McCoy. Glad to hear that, as Mr. McCoy's voice is easy on the ear as well.

Thank you and stay safe,
Les, Maryland, USA
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Margaret (Margaret Espaillat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, Ms. Espailat, for the many enchanting hours with your companionship. Your voice brought George Eliot's exquisite writing to life. Visiting Middlemarch and meeting so many of the town's people was a wonderful experience.

I am grateful for you and for Librivox.

🙏 Alice

All of Margaret's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms. Savage, I have listened to your recording of “Anne’s House of Dreams.” I am at a loss for words to describe the exquisiteness of your God-given talent.

I sometimes muse to myself about what it takes to narrate as you do. It speaks of exceptional intelligence, melded with a young, healthy, and quick nervous system to control the physical functions of the science of speech.

There are many top-notch narrators, but you take the cake. You are a treasure.

I was nonplused by House of Dreams because I have watched all the Anne of Green Gables movies. The first one was phenomenal, but, to me, the sequels got progressively worse and worse. However, after being blown away by your House of Dreams, a jaw-dropping book, I see that movies sometimes don’t do justice to the author.

I could write pages giving specific examples of your talent. But to just mention one, when a different character in the book speaks, you alter your voice which makes it not only easier to perceive that a different person is speaking, but also more amusing! You do this with genius.

Once a listener finds an exceptional narrator, he is fortunate indeed. I so much look forward to listening to every work you have narrated and every one you will do in the future.

Regards,

Roger

Florida
and...

Thank you, Karen, for your riviting, delightful and professional reading of "Persuasion". A delight from start to finish!

Nina

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Huntingtower:
Absolutely perfect narration. Such a relief to come across you, Mr. Evers, as the narrator of this wonderful Buchan book ! I look forward to listening to other narrations by you. And will certainly revisit This reading again. It is very kind of you to volunteer your obvious and needed talent with librivox.
Thank you again.
Ava
Maine

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lianamilk (Liana Liete) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Good afternoon,

I would like to thank the Brazilian Portuguese reader Liana Leite. The chapter she voiced in Canaã, written by Graça Aranha, was one of the most well-read in the book, if not of all Portuguese books in Librivox. I would like to congratulate her diction, rhythm and clearness. Thank-you immensely.

The book's catalogue page is the following: https://librivox.org/canaa-by-jose-pereira-da-graca-aranha/

Respectfully,
Michael.

All of Liana's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for beeber (Bruce Pirie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Pirie,

Today I finished listening to your reading of the Brothers Karamazov. Your wonderful voice made the long book a joy to listen to. Thank you for taking the time to record the entire novel.

Sincerely,
Rose

All of Bruce's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jesse76 (Jesse Zuba) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Jesse Zuba for his amazing interpretation of Ralph Waldo Emerson’s „Nature“. I am currently writing on my bachelor’s thesis and this reading is helping me a great deal. It is beautifully read, with perfect intonation, and his voice has a rasp to it that makes him sound wise and knowledgeable, so it fits the content and style of the essay perfectly.

All of Jesse's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr Greenman,

This is Birgit from Germany writing to you.
I just want to say THANK YOU to you. I really enjoyed listening to your
recording of Uncle Tom's Cabin!!

Best regards
Birgit

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LikeManyWaters (LikeManyWaters) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
My wife and I, in our 70s, have just finished listening to the reading of Grace Livingston Hill's novel Search, read by Like Many Waters. On our isolated mountain ranch property in southern Colorado we have no television reception,and this story was a very enjoyable listening experience. Our reader's clear voice, smooth and careful delivery made it especially easy to understand We are grateful for the contribution of time and effort that made this so easily available to us. Please give her our sincere thank you.

Rob & Sharon

All of LikeManyWaters recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!