COMPLETE [LEGENDS] The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 11 - kik

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Section 26: PL Notes
rewohwrew wrote: April 7th, 2020, 1:50 pm Please let me know for any adjustments :)
Thank you for that - it's a strange tale. The main narration itself is fine, but you've missed a small bit of the introduction.

After "For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org" could you also include "The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night Volume 11, by Anonymous. Translated by Richard Francis Burton." It's the third line of the introduction shown in the initial post - the second line is optional, but the first and third need to be there.

Thanks,
Paul
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

shahdshqarin wrote: April 7th, 2020, 3:26 pm May I please claim section 20 ?
You'd be very welcome to (and I've put a note to reserve it for you)...

...BUT...

...before you do your first reading we'd like you to submit a test to check that you can record to LibriVox's specifications. Details on how to do this can be found here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

When you've done that, pop back to this thread to let us know and to also let us know what name you'd like to appear as in the catalogue and you can record away!

Cheers,
Paul
rewohwrew

Post by rewohwrew »

SkyRider wrote: April 8th, 2020, 9:22 am Section 26: PL Notes
rewohwrew wrote: April 7th, 2020, 1:50 pm Please let me know for any adjustments :)
Thank you for that - it's a strange tale. The main narration itself is fine, but you've missed a small bit of the introduction.

After "For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org" could you also include "The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night Volume 11, by Anonymous. Translated by Richard Francis Burton." It's the third line of the introduction shown in the initial post - the second line is optional, but the first and third need to be there.

Thanks,
Paul
Sorry about that Paul :D
Here is the corrected version
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannightsvolume11_26_anonymous_128kb.mp3
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

rewohwrew wrote: April 8th, 2020, 11:18 am Here is the corrected version
Spot PL OK! Thank you. :thumbs:
rewohwrew

Post by rewohwrew »

May I claim section 36: The 10th night of the month?
Thanks
Bartleby

Post by Bartleby »

Hello! I would like to claim section 46. This would be my first Librivox contribution; I have submitted my one minute test.
Gracicah

Post by Gracicah »

SkyRider wrote: March 31st, 2020, 7:51 am Section 16:

Just one issue (everything else is great): repeated phrase "Because this was at my son's hand..." at 16m13s

Cheers,
Paul
Thank you for the correction! Here is the link to the updated version of section 16: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannightsvolume11_16_anonymous_128kb.mp3
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

rewohwrew wrote: April 9th, 2020, 12:13 pm May I claim section 36: The 10th night of the month?
I've marked it as yours - either the BC or the MC will need to add you in the reader column, but it's assigned and I've left a comment in the notes that you're reading it.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Bartleby wrote: April 9th, 2020, 1:34 pm Hello! I would like to claim section 46. This would be my first Librivox contribution; I have submitted my one minute test.
Hi Bartleby...

Welcome to Librivox! I can't actually see your 1-minute test anywhere - did you post it to this forum? viewforum.php?f=21 As well as uploading the file you need to provide a link to it as well otherwise nobody will know that it's there. I've noted that section 46 is reserved for you pending that.

If this is your first reading, you'll also need to let us know how you'd like to appear in the catalogue.

Cheers,
Paul
StephenChristie

Post by StephenChristie »

May I do 19, The Eleventh Day?
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Gracicah wrote: April 9th, 2020, 6:49 pm Thank you for the correction! Here is the link to the updated version of section 16: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannightsvolume11_16_anonymous_128kb.mp3
Thank you for doing that - section 16 spot PL OK!
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

StephenChristie wrote: April 11th, 2020, 7:08 am May I do 19, The Eleventh Day?
All yours! :D
rewohwrew

Post by rewohwrew »

dchao

Post by dchao »

Hi, if it's still available I'll do section 41, the 15th night.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

dchao wrote: April 13th, 2020, 2:51 pm Hi, if it's still available I'll do section 41, the 15th night.
It's no longer available....because it has your ID next to it. :)

As this is your first chapter, let us know how you'd like to be listed in the catalogue - real name, nick name, id etc. Also note that the volume of your 1-minute test was on the quiet side - each of the sections of the book need to be a similar volume so the listener isn't having to adjust their controls for each chapter! Our yardstick for this is ReplayGain - if you're using Audacity you can find a plug-in at https://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=63067 . Adobe Audition (and probably other more commercially focused editors) use the rather catchy label of EBU R-128 for ReplayGain normalisation.