COMPLETE[PLAY]The Thebaid by Racine - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: April 11th, 2020, 5:51 pm As we are nearly done here, I figured Hemon ought to make an appearance sooner rather than later. :P
thank you Tomas :) Hemon is really a sweet guy, totally in love and duty-bound. :thumbs: The perfect son-in-law. :mrgreen: Wonderfully acted out, and all PL ok.

I just noticed that we can assemble all the acts apart from the missing Antigone in Act 5. :9: Wow, this was fast.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Downloaded files to edit.

Thanks, Todd
LydiaCW

Post by LydiaCW »

Lydia

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomine tuo da glorium!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LydiaCW wrote: April 13th, 2020, 8:58 am Here's the final act for Antigone!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thebaid_antigone_5_128kb.mp3
thank you , Lydia, again excellent work. The soliloquy in the beginning was wonderful and powerful and your ending scene was very touching in your quietness. The audience knows the princess will go into her death and the calmness makes it even more chilling. A really great final moment. :thumbs:

All PL ok. That means we have all the roles in :9: in about one month total. This has proven a success.

For those interested, Todd has already launched the next Racine...Alexander the Great, another great historical figure.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. I have the first acts ready for PL, will finish acts 4 and 5 shortly.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 13th, 2020, 9:51 am Great. I have the first acts ready for PL, will finish acts 4 and 5 shortly.
ok I'm on it. I see you took the biographical note as separate section, so that means I don't have to re-PL again, you have nothing changed there ? :9: Less work for me.

Maybe you could make that one as section 0, so the acts keep their right number. :hmm:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Everything ready for final PL.

Great work, everyone. And as Kitty notes, there is already another Racine running.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:9: listening to the 5 acts in a row really gave me a feeling of sitting in the theatre now. Marvellous acting: the extreme passions running wild and the heroic deaths - everything unfolded before my inner eyes. Great job, all of you, and wonderful editing yet again, Todd. I noted how short the acts were compared to the average Pinero. Shows again how much the overpowering narrator is doing in Pinero :lol:

All 5 acts PL ok. Our first Racine can get catalogued. More to come 8-)

Thank you all.

PS: Todd, in Act 5 the great Eteocles is already dead, so you have to take yourself out of that section ;) (I also think you did not appear in Act 2)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio files may be found on our catalog page at https://librivox.org/the-thebaid-or-the-brothers-at-war-by-jean-racine/

Thank you all, Todd