[COMPLETE][History]World's Story 11: Canada, South and Central America, Mexico, West Indies - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
matt4312

Post by matt4312 »

Kitty wrote: April 10th, 2020, 1:30 am
matt4312 wrote: April 9th, 2020, 11:17 pm I'd be keen to take on section 15.
hi again Matt, I just checked your test and gave you some feedback :) I will reserve you the section 15 but I need to open a brand-new reader page for you, could you tell me what reader name you want to go by ? Can be real name, forum name or any other pseudonym. Just let me know.

Then, since you are new to this project, please read carefully through the first two posts. There are all the details on how to say the intro (long or short) and the title of the section, how to correctly name the files and how to deal with footnotes specifically in this project.

Have fun with your first section and thanks for claiming :)

Sonia
Thanks Sonia,

I'll go by Matt Stevens.

Have a great day. :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

matt4312 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 2:16 am I'll go by Matt Stevens.
ok here we go, your personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/14073
All your future projects will be neatly listed up here :)

Have fun !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent job, and a wonderful narration again. Totally flawless and PL ok this time. :clap: Thank you so much, Albert, this made my job much easier :9:

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: April 11th, 2020, 7:41 am Section 112 - More Maximilian
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_112_tappan_128kb.mp3
ah the painting-scene now rendered in poetry. Excellently narrated again, Alan, thank you :) again: PL ok. I hope this was the last of Maximilian and his tragic ending :(

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wohooo, now this Major goes through all the ups and downs of emotions in this short scene :lol: first so extremely jovial and then by and by his mood gets sobered up by the minute. :mrgreen: The final astonishment is excellent. Lovely job, Jim, thank you so much. Totally PL ok

Thank you

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks so much! :D
CameronHino

Post by CameronHino »

I would like to claim section 30 please ! This is my first recording, could I appear as "CamJames" ? Also, I think what I submit should be acceptable, but technically I am doing this short section as a test.
CameronHino

Post by CameronHino »

Hi, me again, if they're available could I also claim sections 99, 101, 105, 106, 109, 110 as well as 30? I have my roots in Mexican culture and would be honored to record passages about it's history.
sphinxofblackquartz

Post by sphinxofblackquartz »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

CameronHino wrote: April 11th, 2020, 3:22 pmI would like to claim section 30 please ! This is my first recording, could I appear as "CamJames" ? Also, I think what I submit should be acceptable, but technically I am doing this short section as a test.

Hi, me again, if they're available could I also claim sections 99, 101, 105, 106, 109, 110 as well as 30? I have my roots in Mexican culture and would be honored to record passages about it's history.
hello Cameron and thank you for your interest in this project.

Before launching into an official recording though, it is best to complete a one-minute-test first and post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 There your technical settings can get checked by other volunteers and all the tests are pooled. A project thread is not the right place to do it. It shouldn't take you much time if you know all the correct settings and know how to work your audio-programme. We need specific settings and a specific range of volume, and it may not be the one you are used to with other audio-recordings. You can read all about the settings here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please let me know, and then I can assign you the sections officially and also open your reader page.

For the moment, I will reserve the sections for you for one month, to give you time to sort out the test. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

See you soon :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sphinxofblackquartz wrote: April 11th, 2020, 5:48 pmNext two sections:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_070_tappan_128kb.mp3 (25:36)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_071_tappan_128kb.mp3 (2:22)
Lots of fun Spanish names, hope I got em all right
thank you again, Albert, and wow, your Spanish accent is really good, from what I can jugde. :thumbs: It was all interesting to listen to. This Bolívar had a quite eventful life.

Section 70 is straight PL ok.

But I have a small note for the title of Section 71:

> at 0:18: "photograph p. 364" - could you please also include the page number here, in case someone wants to see the picture, they can find it immediately in the book. I wrote this in the second post, as special rule for this project :)

thank you

Sonia
hayduo

Post by hayduo »

Hi! Can I please please claim 58, 60 and 61? They're one of my favorite moments in Peruvian history; Atahuallpa's capture is simply iconic.

Greetings from Peru,
Hernan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hayduo wrote: April 12th, 2020, 10:28 am Hi! Can I please please claim 58, 60 and 61? They're one of my favorite moments in Peruvian history; Atahuallpa's capture is simply iconic.
wohoo, hello again Hernan (I remember your text with only A as vowel :thumbs: ) Great to have a Peruvian read about Peruvian history :9: You will be able to pronounce all the difficult names correctly. 8-)

I'll assign you the sections :) since you are new to this series, please read the first two posts carefully. There is all the info for the special notes in this project: how to read the intro/outro, how to say the title, how to deal with footnotes.

Thank you, looking forward to your stories. :D

Sonia