[COMPLETE] Raspberry Jam by Carolyn Wells - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 7th, 2020, 7:22 am He is wonderful. I have a feeling he's going to solve it all.
You're so smart. :thumbs:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hi Campbell,

Chapter 13 is ready for spot PL:

@26:50 - Fibsy was really startled
@24:16 - proceeded to munch the sweets
@7:10 - Now, let’s sift down this remarkably definite statement of ‘motives and opportunities’
@4:28 - nobody could go through Miss Ames’ room
@3:53 - against any burglarious entrance
@1:19 - with a deep and fervent hope
@0:39 - and almost invariably

And chapter 14 is ready for PL. There are a few difficult words and I hope I've pronounced them okay.
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

SaraHale wrote: April 11th, 2020, 3:20 am Hi Campbell,

Chapter 13 is ready for spot PL:

@26:50 - Fibsy was really startled
@24:16 - proceeded to munch the sweets
@7:10 - Now, let’s sift down this remarkably definite statement of ‘motives and opportunities’
@4:28 - nobody could go through Miss Ames’ room
@3:53 - against any burglarious entrance
@1:19 - with a deep and fervent hope
@0:39 - and almost invariably

And chapter 14 is ready for PL. There are a few difficult words and I hope I've pronounced them okay.
No shocker here, but your editing was spot on and Chapter 13 is OK! I am excited for Chapter 14.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 11th, 2020, 6:45 am No shocker here, but your editing was spot on and Chapter 13 is OK! I am excited for Chapter 14.
Yay! Thanks. I hope you'll like Chapter 14.
lymiewithpurpose

Well, I quite enjoyed Chapter 14. Even more is pointing to Eunice, but one thing was said that suggests it's not her, and another makes me suspect it's Elliot. I'm trying to remember if they mentioned who Sanford's friends from the gym are... I guess we'll find out.

As for notes, I do have to admit I found a lot of them. But some of them were nit picky. Would you like me to just give you the big ones, or all of the small ones too? I really don't want to discourage you, because you are doing a very excellent job, and like you said, this is a hard chapter. Considering English is not your first language, you are doing incredible.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 11th, 2020, 11:22 am Well, I quite enjoyed Chapter 14. Even more is pointing to Eunice, but one thing was said that suggests it's not her, and another makes me suspect it's Elliot. I'm trying to remember if they mentioned who Sanford's friends from the gym are... I guess we'll find out.

As for notes, I do have to admit I found a lot of them. But some of them were nit picky. Would you like me to just give you the big ones, or all of the small ones too? I really don't want to discourage you, because you are doing a very excellent job, and like you said, this is a hard chapter. Considering English is not your first language, you are doing incredible.
I'm glad you have enjoyed it.

That's okay! Give me ALL the notes. I'll give them a try through Speechling. And see if I can improve them a little more. I'm so sorry for troubling you.

The thing is I have done a batch recording. Meaning, I've finished recording the book, what's left is the editing. I know I should have done it through Speechling first. But I took a few days off from work and wanted to finish at least the recording part.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: April 11th, 2020, 11:30 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 11th, 2020, 11:22 am Well, I quite enjoyed Chapter 14. Even more is pointing to Eunice, but one thing was said that suggests it's not her, and another makes me suspect it's Elliot. I'm trying to remember if they mentioned who Sanford's friends from the gym are... I guess we'll find out.

I'm glad you have enjoyed it.

That's okay! Give me ALL the notes. I'll give them a try through Speechling. And see if I can improve them a little more. I'm so sorry for troubling you.

The thing is I have done a batch recording. Meaning, I've finished recording the book, what's left is the editing. I know I should have done it through Speechling first. But I took a few days off from work and wanted to finish at least the recording part.
Ah. That makes sense. I'm glad you had enough time! Don't worry about extra work for me, I have nothing going on right now and all the time in the world. Again, I was very nit-picky for this difficult chapter, but here are the notes:

0:28 – I normally don’t point things like this out, but in ‘Mr. Stone’d’ I didn’t hear the ‘d, which makes it sound kinda funky. If it is hard for you to pronounce, you could do ‘Mr. Stone ud’ which will work

1:02 – heard ‘Fisby’ instead of ‘Fibsy’

13:53 – can you check ‘rigmarole’ for me?

14:55 – sincerity is pronounced with a soft ‘e’ (same sound as in ‘air’)

15:09 – croaked – ‘oa’ pronounced as in ‘float’

15:21 – heard ‘Mrs. Ames instead of ‘Miss Ames’

15:46 – can you check ‘suppostitious’

15:51 – heard ‘entacting’ instead of ‘enacting’

16:04 – didn’t hear the last s in ‘spasms’ (very tiny note here, but think it would flow a tad better with a change)

16:19 – heard ‘hope’ instead of ‘hold’

16:54 – heard ‘as’ instead of ‘and’ (which I surprisingly thought changed the meaning significantly)

17:52 – heard ‘extract’ instead of ‘extricate’

18:05 – heard ‘Shane’s’ instead of ‘Shane’

19:41 – heard ‘uttern’ instead of ‘utter’

19:47 – heard ‘haughtily’ instead of ‘haughty’

20:37 – heard ‘vertible’ instead of ‘veritable’

21:06 – heard ‘dropped’ instead of ‘drooped’

21:48 – ‘invective’ sounded more like ‘invictive’ to me

22:32 – ‘good naturedly’ should be pronounced with a hard ‘a’

23:39 – heard ‘grabbed’ instead of ‘garbed’

24:59 – heard ‘congenial’ instead of ‘congenital’

26:55 – can you check ‘clairvoyant’

27:10 – heard ‘taste’ instead of ‘tasted’
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Thanks, Campbell!

I'll do my best to fix them all.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

I've edited Chapter 14 as best as I can. I haven't uploaded it yet. Because there is something that I'd like to discuss with you first. :help:
lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 11th, 2020, 12:12 pm 26:55 – can you check ‘clairvoyant’

“I believe you, ma’am, and I congratulate you on your clarviant powers." In the text, it isn't written clairvoyant. So, I'm guessing here that Fibsy mispronounced the word. Would you still want me to correct it?

By the way, Fibsy mispronounces crux to crooks in Fibsy’s Busy Day, chapter 16.

Let me know what you think.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: April 18th, 2020, 2:32 am I've edited Chapter 14 as best as I can. I haven't uploaded it yet. Because there is something that I'd like to discuss with you first. :help:
lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 11th, 2020, 12:12 pm 26:55 – can you check ‘clairvoyant’

“I believe you, ma’am, and I congratulate you on your clarviant powers." In the text, it isn't written clairvoyant. So, I'm guessing here that Fibsy mispronounced the word. Would you still want me to correct it?

By the way, Fibsy mispronounces crux to crooks in Fibsy’s Busy Day, chapter 16.

Let me know what you think.
Wow, great attention to detail! My brain totally read it as clairvoyant. So I say don't edit it. Good job!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:29 am Wow, great attention to detail! My brain totally read it as clairvoyant. So I say don't edit it. Good job!
Thanks! It happens to me all the time. So, I've uploaded Chapter 14 for spot PL. And Chapter 15 for PL. :mrgreen: There will be a few clues in the second half of chapter 15.

Here are the PL Notes for Chapter 14:

@27:09 - And I tasted it

@24:58 - a congenital prevaricator, I meant to say

@23:39 - garbed for the street.

@22:32 - and then good-naturedly contented himself with a shake of his head

@21:47 - as to seem an invective of itself!

@21:04 - her whole body drooped

@20:36 - A veritable figure of hate incarnate

@19:47 - haughty as a tragedy queen

@19:41 - with utter scorn

@ 18:04 - if Shane learns of it

@ 17:50 - from which it will be difficult to extricate her!

@16:53 - and it is possible there was raspberry jam on the sleeve of it.

@16:18 - I hold you have no right to assume Mrs. Embury’s identity in this story Miss Ames tells.

@15:42 - “As I said, we’re building up a supposititious case. Assume that it was Mrs. Embury, not at all enacting a ghost, but merely wandering around after her impulsive deed—for if she is the guilty party it must have been an impulsive deed. You know her uncontrollable temper—her sudden spasms of rage—”

@15:19 - to hearing this story of Miss Ames’ experience. That looks—” The editing is SO noticable but I couldn't do anything about. I tried 3 times and it is still noticable to me.

@15:04 - “trouble is—he’d give us that same song and dance if he’d croaked the guy his own self!”

@14:51 - and expression carried a strong conviction of sincerity

@13:52 - Just forget the rigmarole

@1:02 - Fibsy announced

@00:24 - and I’m just dead sure and certain Mr. Stone’d think so, too.

Thank you for all you do. :9:
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: April 18th, 2020, 10:11 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:29 am Wow, great attention to detail! My brain totally read it as clairvoyant. So I say don't edit it. Good job!
Thanks! It happens to me all the time. So, I've uploaded Chapter 14 for spot PL. And Chapter 15 for PL. :mrgreen: There will be a few clues in the second half of chapter 15.

Here are the PL Notes for Chapter 14:

@27:09 - And I tasted it

@24:58 - a congenital prevaricator, I meant to say

@23:39 - garbed for the street.

@22:32 - and then good-naturedly contented himself with a shake of his head

@21:47 - as to seem an invective of itself!

@21:04 - her whole body drooped

@20:36 - A veritable figure of hate incarnate

@19:47 - haughty as a tragedy queen

@19:41 - with utter scorn

@ 18:04 - if Shane learns of it

@ 17:50 - from which it will be difficult to extricate her!

@16:53 - and it is possible there was raspberry jam on the sleeve of it.

@16:18 - I hold you have no right to assume Mrs. Embury’s identity in this story Miss Ames tells.

@15:42 - “As I said, we’re building up a supposititious case. Assume that it was Mrs. Embury, not at all enacting a ghost, but merely wandering around after her impulsive deed—for if she is the guilty party it must have been an impulsive deed. You know her uncontrollable temper—her sudden spasms of rage—”

@15:19 - to hearing this story of Miss Ames’ experience. That looks—” The editing is SO noticable but I couldn't do anything about. I tried 3 times and it is still noticable to me.

@15:04 - “trouble is—he’d give us that same song and dance if he’d croaked the guy his own self!”

@14:51 - and expression carried a strong conviction of sincerity

@13:52 - Just forget the rigmarole

@1:02 - Fibsy announced

@00:24 - and I’m just dead sure and certain Mr. Stone’d think so, too.

Thank you for all you do. :9:
Wow, that was very impressive. Your editing always amazes me. I still have a few tiny notes (pretty good for the amount I gave you originally):

15:04 - Croaked – I’m still hearing an ‘oo’ sound instead of the ‘oa’ sound

15:19 – that noticeable editing – I actually didn’t find it that bad. If I were you, I may just de amplify that segment a tad as it just seemed a bit loud

24:58 – congenital – this time was better, I know it’s a hard word, but I heard ‘conigenital’ instead of ‘congenital’

I can't wait for Chapter 15 (and the clues), although it may be in a few days. I somehow got behind on editing work.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 18th, 2020, 1:48 pm Wow, that was very impressive. Your editing always amazes me. I still have a few tiny notes (pretty good for the amount I gave you originally):

15:19 – that noticeable editing – I actually didn’t find it that bad. If I were you, I may just de amplify that segment a tad as it just seemed a bit loud

24:58 – congenital – this time was better, I know it’s a hard word, but I heard ‘conigenital’ instead of ‘congenital’

I can't wait for Chapter 15 (and the clues), although it may be in a few days. I somehow got behind on editing work.
Thanks, Campbell!

I did my best to fix them but feel free to let me know if they need more correction. :mrgreen:

@15:07 - if he’d croaked the guy his own self!
@15:19 - de amplify it by -3
@24:58 - a congenital prevaricator, I meant to say.

I'll go and edit Chapter 16 so it would be ready when you have free time. :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: April 19th, 2020, 6:39 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 18th, 2020, 1:48 pm Wow, that was very impressive. Your editing always amazes me. I still have a few tiny notes (pretty good for the amount I gave you originally):

Thanks, Campbell!

I did my best to fix them but feel free to let me know if they need more correction. :mrgreen:

@15:07 - if he’d croaked the guy his own self!
@15:19 - de amplify it by -3
@24:58 - a congenital prevaricator, I meant to say.

I'll go and edit Chapter 16 so it would be ready when you have free time. :thumbs:
Well congenital was perfect, and the de amplification made the edit unnoticeable to my ears. The only thing I'm still having a bit of a problem with is the 'croaked'. Not sure if you've googled pronunciation, but the way to pronounce croak can be found here: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/croak. Hope that helps.

I only have about 20 minutes of recording run time to edit (so probably a few hours of actual work :lol:) but can then get to chapter 15!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 20th, 2020, 7:22 am Well congenital was perfect, and the de amplification made the edit unnoticeable to my ears. The only thing I'm still having a bit of a problem with is the 'croaked'. Not sure if you've googled pronunciation, but the way to pronounce croak can be found here: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/croak. Hope that helps.

I only have about 20 minutes of recording run time to edit (so probably a few hours of actual work :lol:) but can then get to chapter 15!
Thanks! :hmm: I don't know what to do. I can't listen to the audio on the website that you have shared. But I've checked the word's pronunciation before on these websites:
https://www.wordreference.com/es/translation.asp?tranword=croak

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+pronounce+croaked&oq=&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Google now lets you practice the word and correct it for you when you choose American Pronunciation. And to be honest, I can't hear the 'oa' when I hear it.

20 minutes of recording run time to edit :?: Does that mean you are back as a reader? :9: I hope you are.