COMPLETE [DR] A Little Girl in Old Boston by Amanda Minnie Douglas -mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

EnNar wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 6:52 pm Hi Linny,

Here are the corrections of "Henry" pronunciations:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_doris_corrections.mp3
Track Length: 0:28.68 (m:ss.ss)

I take French at school, I should have known :roll: Please let me know if they are good. Stay safe and healthy!

Best,
Navin (EnNar) 8-) :lol: :D
Thank you! :thumbs:
GillH

Post by GillH »

Chapter 9 PL OK!
GillH

Post by GillH »

Chapter 10 PL OK!
GillH

Post by GillH »

Chapter 23: PL OK!
:clap:
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you! :clap:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Chap. 11 Narrator

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_narrator_11_128kb.mp3

I'll have a lot to correct if I'm pronouncing 'Royall' incorrectly!

Also, I repeat a phrase with a slight change at 26:06 in case the text is wrong. You'll see. (That is, hear.) Something about the sun setting west.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Am I missing something for Ch. 7? (Sorry to be so helpless with this DR stuff. I'm enjoying it, though. Not that that matters to anyone else!)
GillH

Post by GillH »

KevinS wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 10:33 am
Hi, Kevin. Royall has been pronounced a couple of different ways by different people but I don't think it's important. (It's the kind of thing you find in real life, after all.)
linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 5:53 pm Am I missing something for Ch. 7? (Sorry to be so helpless with this DR stuff. I'm enjoying it, though. Not that that matters to anyone else!)
Chapter 7 is fine. Your detail reader section is showing that Section 7 has PL notes. We are waiting for EJ to record a line for us.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny wrote: April 4th, 2020, 9:32 am
KevinS wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 5:53 pm Am I missing something for Ch. 7? (Sorry to be so helpless with this DR stuff. I'm enjoying it, though. Not that that matters to anyone else!)
Chapter 7 is fine. Your detail reader section is showing that Section 7 has PL notes. We are waiting for EJ to record a line for us.
GillH wrote: April 4th, 2020, 9:05 am
KevinS wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 10:33 am
Hi, Kevin. Royall has been pronounced a couple of different ways by different people but I don't think it's important. (It's the kind of thing you find in real life, after all.)
Thank you both!
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Kevin,
I'm sorry for the delay. Here are your PL notes for chapter 11.

Word change - For Boston was throbbing even then with the mighty changes transforming her into a great city. Although she had suffered severely at the first of the war and held many priceless memories of it, the early evacuation of the town had left her free for domestic matters, which had prospered despite poverty and hard times and the great loss of population. Many of the old Tory families had returned to England, and the remnants of the provincial aristocracy were being lessened by death and absorbed by marriage.

Word change - In this hall was the tall stove that was beginning to do duty for the cheerful hearthfire, and it diffused a delightful atmosphere of warmth. But you could see the blaze in the parlor and the dining room, where some friends were already assembled and having a game of cards. The sideboard, as was the custom then, was set out with a decanter of Madeira and one of sherry and the glasses, besides a great silver basin filled with nuts and dried fruit and another dish of crullers.

Word change - On the opposite side of the hall there was a hubbub of children's voices. Madam Royall ushered Mr. Adams into the dining room, left Cary to the attention of the two girls and their aunt, and took possession of Doris herself, removing her wraps and handing them to the maid. Then taking her hand she drew her into the room, kept mostly for dancing and party purposes.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny wrote: April 6th, 2020, 8:49 am
Hi Kevin,
I'm sorry for the delay. Here are your PL notes for chapter 11.
Not a problem for me. I don't know how I make these mistakes, though. I'll get on it today!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ej400

Post by ej400 »

Silly me, going through all my files and seeing this one https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/warren_missingline_00.mp3 and going, "I may have forgot something :oops: :roll: So sorry for taking so long, I hope I didn't hold anyone or anything up. That's the missing line, or whatever the line was needed for :D Take care!
linny

Post by linny »

ej400 wrote: April 13th, 2020, 3:50 am Silly me, going through all my files and seeing this one https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/warren_missingline_00.mp3 and going, "I may have forgot something :oops: :roll: So sorry for taking so long, I hope I didn't hold anyone or anything up. That's the missing line, or whatever the line was needed for :D Take care!
Thank you! PL OK.