[Complete] Kit and Kitty by R.D. Blackmore -lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Well! You just put another one in. :thumbs:

Quick question: Your files are all checker approved, right? I have the habit of not OK’ing files without double checking, but now our computer is down... :( So my perfectionist self has to either compromise or hold off on PLing. :lol:
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Yes, they are. I've made a habbit of running them through it, not for the checker so much, as to get a reading on the volume. I'm a bit of a statistician wannabe, so I've been tracking recording time (pretending I'm getting paid by the finished hour), and checking consistency in the volume. What can I say? Spreadsheets fascinate me.

Keith
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Sounds great! Then I will happily PL a few of these soon- without feeling guilty. :lol:
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

So, how are you listening to them? Is it on the phone? Headphones, or speaker?
I use my computer with a good set of headphones, to catch breaths and mouth noises, but I'm told the better quality of that sound gets lost with most listeners, and voice distinctions will be missed.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

I listen from my phone with Bluetooth earbuds. It’s amazing how much you pick up through those if the volume is turned high enough. But generally a comfortable volume is about perfect for what’s wanted.

Once when PLing I commented on clicks I kept hearing throughout a recording. The reader didn’t know what I was talking about until he turned the volume up pretty high. That’s when I started suspecting that either my ears or my earbuds are sharper than many. :D
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Well, hopefully you don't hear any clicks in mine, except during speech. I try to avoid that, "wet," sound as much as I can, but sometimes the mouth just doesn't cooperate!
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I didn't realize you'd caught up to me.
Ch 26 is up now.
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Sorry for not having posted about that earlier! I got done PLing those at an unearthly hour and didn’t want that time stamp. 8-) Looks like there’s 3 ready for PL now...
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

No shame in staying up late with a friendly voice. 😊
I hope to get 29 cleaned up tonight!
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Just put up Ch 31. Wow! some of these have gotten long!

I hope all is still well with you.
Keith
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

In case you haven’t noticed, I’m working on PLing these now. Just got through 30.

Yes, all is well, we’re still very busy here.
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thank you! I appreciate your help in this.
I just always wonder how my acquaintances are doing these days.

I wonder what this will all lead to.
Take care!

Keith
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I got Ch 33 put up today.
Something's been bugging me. I hope I didn't come off as rude before, or pushy.
In thinking about it, I could see how it could be taken that way.
I really value our teamwork and don't want to jeopardize that by writing something in the wrong way.

Best regards,
Keith
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Wonder what it is that's making you feel that way? I realize I haven't been as communicative here as before, but it's simply because of a full schedule. This project is still definitely my favorite! I get sheepish for PLing yours almost as soon as they're posted while I still have some month old others. :shock: I should just get those done so I can quit sneaking around. 8-)

Please let me know if there's something else. But from my perspective it's all been good, and I'm enjoying this project!
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Oh, change of subject... I noticed you had a note from the 'thank a reader' thing. I was like, "Oh yeah, don't you just wish you were his DPL?! I'm not about to trade though!" :lol: It was fun seeing your name show up there, especially through 'Cripps the Carrier'. I could have told them it'd be good! :wink:
~Rosebud