[COMPLETE-SCIENCE] The Chemistry of Cookery by W. Mattieu Williams-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mokka

Post by mokka »

realisticspeakers wrote: February 27th, 2020, 5:50 am https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/chemistrycookery_13_williams_128kb.mp3
[38:13]

CAUTION: This file contains gluten and may cause severe allergic reactions to those who are sensitive. Please use open backed headphones to listen. Note this file may or may not have been recorded by a nut.
Section 13 is PL OK!
This book continues to surprise me, thankfully I've never had gluten issues to date q:

Regards,
Michael
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

mokka wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 6:07 am This book continues to surprise me, thankfully I've never had gluten issues to date q:
I had fun reading this, let's see how he experiments with Milk.

May I read Section 11 please?
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
adrianstephens

Post by adrianstephens »

mokka wrote: February 15th, 2020, 1:45 pm
adrianstephens wrote: February 15th, 2020, 7:30 am Section 10 ready for PL @ 28:08
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/chemistrycookery_10_williams_128kb.mp3
Section 10 is PL OK!

I never imagined that someone could so properly dissect the uses and applications for cheese in all its variations, what a fascinating book.

Regards,
Michael
I note the MW has not been updated.
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

PLease give me a yell if you notice I've missed things :oops:

MW updated - I hope apologies to all. Thanks Availle for letting me know and for offering to read 17,18.

Anne
GillH

Post by GillH »

I could take 12. Veg.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thank you. All yours

Anne
ruthema

Post by ruthema »

Could I take section 21?
madison rutherford
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

all yours- thank you :D

Anne
FinbarHarveyOKeefe

Post by FinbarHarveyOKeefe »

Dear Niki

can I read 'Count Rumford’s Cookery and Cheap Dinners' please?

(this would be my first Librivox recording)

Thank you

Finbar
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome to the project, I'm co-ordinating this now :D
I've allocated that section to you. If you click on your name in the MW it will show you your personal readers page - it's handy to bookmark it as it an easy way to keep track of your readings and claims. Everything you need to know should be in the first post but if you run into problems just post here - we were all new once and there is a bit of housekeeping all files need to have.
When you are finished, upload it and post in the thread so we know - post the URL the uploader gave you and the length of time of the reading, that's the check we have in case space gremlins eat bits of the recording

Anne
realisticspeakers

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thank you - we are moving quite fast :thumbs:

Anne
mokka

Post by mokka »

@annise: I would like to PL the remaining sections, too, if that's okay!

Regards,
Michael
That would be great - you are now DPL and cn access the MW.

Anne
realisticspeakers

mokka wrote: April 9th, 2020, 7:26 am
What a fascinating chapter, it's interesting to see the advances we have made in the field of nutrition sciences.
PL'ed, only two things that I noticed:

14:05; the order in which you read out the table changes from column by column to row by row after the "Cow" column
20:00; repeated sentence "He afterwards learned that the cowboy..."
Hi, thanks.
New file time [34.23]
@19:34 begins corrected sentence repeat.

I read the table like that deliberately. Two significant columns, three additional rows, but the clincher is that the important data is the last row, last column.
You, the proofer, following the table are jarred. But a listener with no table would hear and remember the small groups.
I thought I was being quite clever in doing that.
Let me know if you still want me to change all that.

Yeah, this guy is an animal with his milk and meat experiments and observations. "And I fed it to my family"
Disclaimer:
mokka

Post by mokka »

realisticspeakers wrote: April 9th, 2020, 8:23 am Hi, thanks.
New file time [34.23]
@19:34 begins corrected sentence repeat.

I read the table like that deliberately. Two significant columns, three additional rows, but the clincher is that the important data is the last row, last column.
You, the proofer, following the table are jarred. But a listener with no table would hear and remember the small groups.
I thought I was being quite clever in doing that.
Let me know if you still want me to change all that.

Yeah, this guy is an animal with his milk and meat experiments and observations. "And I fed it to my family"
Spot Check PL okay!
I agree with your approach to reading the table the way you did. I listened to it without the text and it felt a lot more natural and put more emphasis on the actually important columns.

Regards,
Michael