'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for stinssd (Sam Stinson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr Sam Stinson,

I wanted to personally you for your Excellent reading of the American Standard Version Bible 1901. You have a nice, warm voice that I enjoy listening to. Please keep up the good work!

I did notice that there were some of the Bible Books that did not get recorded as of yet and I was wondering if you were planning to finish recording the missing books in the American Standard Version Bible 1901 for LibriVox.

https://archive.org/details/@librivoxbooks?and%5B%5D=american+standard+version

Thank you and God Bless you,
Gregory

All of Sam's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for msfry (Michele Fry) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Michele,

Your reading of The Leopard's Spots was fantastic.

Thank you for taking the time to record the book.

Regards,

Travis

All of Michele's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Kayray,
I love when you read and hope you read the rest of Edward Eager’s “Magic” books you only read the first book, "Half Magic". will you read the rest for me, on kayray.org, please?!
Thanks and are you still sick I hope you feel better SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for JoeDeNoia (Joseph DeNoia) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Joseph DeNoia for your great reading of, "The girl from Hollywood"! You have a wonderful voice!!! The story was so authentic when talking about drugs, I was surprised. I enjoyed the book so much! Having lived in California it was interesting to hear the description of the ranch area. What a changing time in history, horses, cattle, guns, movies, drugs.
Thank you for reading solo, so much better to listen to for the continuity of the story line.
I hope you will continue to volunteer.
Sincerely, Lynn

All of Joseph's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for earthcalling (David Barnes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Re: https://librivox.org/selection-from-the-temple-by-george-herbert/

David Barnes is a very gifted reader. Since taking a job teaching a half hour's drive from my home, I have been listening to a lot of professionally produced audio books. Barnes's ability to lead the hearer to an appreciation of both the poetry and the sense of the poems he has chosen is in my estimation far, far above the standard of either commercial or LV audiobooks. I would love to know more about the education and other projects of a reader whose intelligence and understanding shine through so clearly. Meanwhile, I will be recommending this recording to others (first of all, to fellow participants in an upcoming Lenten retreat focused on Herbert's poetry) and looking forward to dipping into some of Barnes's other work for LibriVox.

Sincerely yours,
Tarik

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for John Lieder (John Lieder) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
John,

Our family would like to pass on a big thank you for the Burgess readings you have done. I have several children and they are all enthralled with those books but especially our 8 year old son. He has several of the books himself and really enjoys hearing them come to life through your readings. We currently have the Adventures of Reddy Fox and he cannot listen to it enough. I just downloaded your other readings of his books and look forward to sharing those with him as well.

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks

Ryan and family
All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Michael Scherer (Michael Scherer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Michael Scherer
My wife and I are enjoying your reading of Herman Melville's Typee as it is being broadcast on our low power radio station here in Madison WI. I think you deserve to be ranked among the best readers contributing to LibriVox, and I hope you will do more stories in the future.

Bob

All of Michael's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received or Keratak (Keith Salis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Cripps the Carrier:
Thank you!!! Thank you!!!! The character’s voices were fun, your voice is amazing. Can’t thank you enough! I hope you will record more stories. LOVED this story, read so excellently by Mr. Salis.
I also learned some history of Carriers, never gave it any thought before, first Fed Ex services.
Wonderful to lighten up these unusual, (to say the least), times.
Sincerely, Lynn

All of Keith's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NKWhitely (Nick Whitely) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Whitley, I am currently listening to your reading of The Warden by Anthony Trollope. Over the years, I have attempted to read this book quite a few times but always lost interest. Your voice and expression is so amazing that I am completely enthralled with the story. Thank you so much for making it come alive for me. You have done a great service. I look forward to reading the other books you have recorded. With my sincerest thanks, Bonnie

All of Nick's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

icequeen wrote: April 7th, 2020, 8:14 pm Praise received for stinssd (Sam Stinson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr Sam Stinson,

I wanted to personally you for your Excellent reading of the American Standard Version Bible 1901. You have a nice, warm voice that I enjoy listening to. Please keep up the good work!

I did notice that there were some of the Bible Books that did not get recorded as of yet and I was wondering if you were planning to finish recording the missing books in the American Standard Version Bible 1901 for LibriVox.

https://archive.org/details/@librivoxbooks?and%5B%5D=american+standard+version

Thank you and God Bless you,
Gregory
Gregory, Thank you for your note. Yes, it os my intention to finish reading the ASV. God bless!

All of Sam's recordings!
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalms 45:1, ASV)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you. A real helping hand in these terrible times in Italy. Luckily you have recorded more books so I have future nights sorted!

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Algy Pug (Algy Pug) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
To Algy Pug:

Thank you for narrating Pascendi, Quanta Cura and other such documents
for us who can no longer read. These documents are increasingly hard to
find with the original translations intact. For example, the entire
first part of Auctorem Fidei seems to be missing from all the copies I
have ever seen. And Unam Sanctam ends abruptly and the ending appears
to be missing. Perhaps the texts available to you are in better shape.

In any case, I will have audio versions thanks to you. THANK YOU again.

Susan

All of Algy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

stinssd wrote: April 7th, 2020, 8:55 pm
icequeen wrote: April 7th, 2020, 8:14 pm Praise received for stinssd (Sam Stinson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Gregory, Thank you for your note. Yes, it is my intention to finish reading the ASV. God bless!

All of Sam's recordings!
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalms 45:1, ASV)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Gregory, Thank you for your note. Yes, it is my intention to finish reading the ASV. God bless!

All of Sam's recordings!
I have passed your response on for you, Sam!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just love your distinctive voice. I have listened to several books you have read, and I will listen to many more. Thank you for reading these books.

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!