[GRP] The Arabian Nights Entertainments - Volume IV - kiki

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13842
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » April 4th, 2020, 10:21 am

silverquill wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 8:09 pm
The last two short sections:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_51_anonymous_128kb.mp3 2:30
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_52_anonymous_128kb.mp3 6:18

Wish I had time to do section 50, but I'll keep this in my bookmarks.
Thank you, Larry. :thumbs:

Section 51
0:29 – A portion of the section title is missing.
Section 51. “Adventures of the Cauzee, His Wife, etc. The Sultans’ Story of Himself.

Section 52 is PL OK.

Polaroid
Posts: 26
Joined: April 2nd, 2020, 6:41 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere usa

Post by Polaroid » April 5th, 2020, 4:19 am

I'll do 26, 27, and 28. My one minute test - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=78994&p=1697906#p1697906 I'd like my reader name to be Elizabeth Renae.
Elizabeth Renae

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13842
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » April 5th, 2020, 6:12 am

Polaroid wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 4:19 am
I'll do 26, 27, and 28. My one minute test - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=78994&p=1697906#p1697906 I'd like my reader name to be Elizabeth Renae.
It's nice to have you. Thank you for your claims.

Here is your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/14044

The readers section details link is a great way to keep track of your claims.

Polaroid
Posts: 26
Joined: April 2nd, 2020, 6:41 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere usa

Post by Polaroid » April 5th, 2020, 1:07 pm

Last edited by Polaroid on April 5th, 2020, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth Renae

lraggi
Posts: 7
Joined: February 26th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Post by lraggi » April 5th, 2020, 3:19 pm

Hi, I would like to read all the sections of The Story of Prince Ahmed, and the Fairy Perie Banou.

lraggi
Posts: 7
Joined: February 26th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Post by lraggi » April 5th, 2020, 3:22 pm

Hi, I would like to read The Story of Prince Ahmed, and the Fairy Perie Banou. 4-8, please.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13842
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » April 6th, 2020, 8:01 am

lraggi wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 3:22 pm
Hi, I would like to read The Story of Prince Ahmed, and the Fairy Perie Banou. 4-8, please.
That would be great. Please make sure you get you OK from the preliminary test before you record for a project. It's much easier to fix things on a 1 minute recording that a lengthy one.

Please let me know what name you would like to have appear in the catalog and I'll get you all set up.

These are rather lengthy sections. If you haven't recorded before you might consider claiming one section at a time until you are comfortable with the time commitment of the recording and editing process. Let me know.

sophiar
Posts: 10
Joined: April 3rd, 2020, 5:05 pm

Post by sophiar » April 6th, 2020, 8:56 am

Hello! Could I please do Story of the Broken-backed Schoolmaster. Thank you!

Gurleen
Posts: 1
Joined: April 4th, 2020, 3:45 am

Post by Gurleen » April 6th, 2020, 9:59 am

Hi..I would love to read the 40,41and 42 chapters.
I would be glad to have this chance to give my voice in at least one of these chapters.

lraggi
Posts: 7
Joined: February 26th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Post by lraggi » April 6th, 2020, 11:45 am

linny wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 8:01 am
lraggi wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 3:22 pm
Hi, I would like to read The Story of Prince Ahmed, and the Fairy Perie Banou. 4-8, please.
That would be great. Please make sure you get you OK from the preliminary test before you record for a project. It's much easier to fix things on a 1 minute recording that a lengthy one.

Please let me know what name you would like to have appear in the catalog and I'll get you all set up.

These are rather lengthy sections. If you haven't recorded before you might consider claiming one section at a time until you are comfortable with the time commitment of the recording and editing process. Let me know.
Hi, I got the OK from the minute test. For the name lraggi is fine. I still want to do 4-8.
Thank you

silverquill
Posts: 13924
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 6th, 2020, 10:02 pm

linny wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 10:21 am
Thank you, Larry. :thumbs:

Section 51
0:29 – A portion of the section title is missing.
Section 51. “Adventures of the Cauzee, His Wife, etc. The Sultans’ Story of Himself.

Section 52 is PL OK.
Hope I got it right this time:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_51_anonymous_128kb.mp3
~Larry

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13842
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » April 7th, 2020, 5:43 am

sophiar wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 8:56 am
Hello! Could I please do Story of the Broken-backed Schoolmaster. Thank you!
Hi Sophia,
Please complete your preliminary test and resolve technical issues before recording for more projects. After you receive your ok I hope you'll come back and join us.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13842
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » April 7th, 2020, 5:47 am

Gurleen wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 9:59 am
Hi..I would love to read the 40,41and 42 chapters.
I would be glad to have this chance to give my voice in at least one of these chapters.
Welcome to LV. Before recording for a project we ask that you complete a preliminary test. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test This will ensure that your technical settings are correct. It's much easier to resolve issues on a short test than a longer section. Once you receive your OK in Listeners Wanted I hope you will come back and join us here. :D

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13842
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » April 7th, 2020, 5:50 am

lraggi wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 11:45 am
Hi, I got the OK from the minute test. For the name lraggi is fine. I still want to do 4-8.
Thank you
You've got it. Have fun and let me know if you have any questions along the way.

Here is your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/14053 The reader section details link is a great way to keep track of your claims.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13842
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » April 7th, 2020, 6:20 am

Hello Elizabeth,
Please let me know if you have any questions about the following PL notes.

Section 26
Opening silence should be between 0.5-1 second.
Ending silence should be 5 seconds.
Please do not use generated silence. It's 'dead' silence and very hard on the ear.
This section should be noise cleaned.

Section 27
Intro states this as section 26 two times.
1:54 stumble - and asked me and my slave wou if we could describe.
2:48 stumble - canavery
Ending silence should be 5 seconds.
Please do not use generated silence. Ambient silence is always better.
This section should be noise cleaned.

Section 28
Opening silence should be between 0.5-1 second.
Second part of intro states section 26 instead of 28.
Ending silence should be 5 seconds.
Please do not use generated silence. Ambient silence is always better.
This section should be noise cleaned. Note you are at the very lowest end of the acceptable volume level on this section. After noise cleaning your volume level may dip down too low. I recommend amplifying by 3 prior to noise cleaning.

Post Reply