[COMPLETE] Richard II by William Shakespeare - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

As husband and wife, I thought you were superb!!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I'm going to get back to work on this in the next day or so. You would think that I could have gotten much reading done staying at home during the current situation in the world, but around the same time, I happened to develop a cold (just a cold, fortunately) that affected my voice and had me coughing quite a lot. So both this project and my Dickens readings came to a temporary halt. But it's just about time to resume reading.

I was listening to some of the other roles that have been completed. I had mentioned previously that the Lord Marshall and Surrey were historically the same person, but I guess that's a minor point since the roles are three acts apart from each other, so no one will notice the differing voices. :D

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: April 5th, 2020, 6:49 amYou would think that I could have gotten much reading done staying at home during the current situation in the world, but around the same time, I happened to develop a cold (just a cold, fortunately) that affected my voice and had me coughing quite a lot.
glad to have you back, Brad. Sorry about the voice. I hope you are all back to normal again.
I had mentioned previously that the Lord Marshall and Surrey were historically the same person, but I guess that's a minor point since the roles are three acts apart from each other, so no one will notice the differing voices. :D
well it's both times Craig :mrgreen: maybe he had a cold too ;) I didn't even know they were the same person. Why did get named differently here ? :hmm:

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I suspect maybe Shakespeare didn't realize they were the same man.

Brad
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: April 15th, 2020, 1:56 pm Finally, correction made to Bolingbroke 3_3, plus the rest of the scenes read.
Barring any further corrections needed, I'm available for any editing.
yay great, thank you Brad. All of Bolingbroke is PL ok. Wow in the end he was quite ungrateful to the guy who got rid of Richard for him :shock: What a hypocrite.

Nothing yet to edit, but if you would like to PL the two scenes that are already edited, that would be a great help already :) The links are already in the MW. Just check along with the text whether I put everything in the right spot and that the volume and spaces are agreeable to listen to

Or if you like to listen to any of my sections to PL them, that would be greatly appreciated too. You can see how many parts are still ready for PL in the MW :? Would be good if I knew finally whether I need to make any edits. I probably forgot all my voices already.

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I can do some of that on the weekend.

We do seem to be moving at a much slower pace on this one, myself included. I hope everyone is okay.

Brad
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

I'm happy to help with any of this.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Brad and Craig, thank you so much. If you both could PL some sections that are ready (basically all of mine) that would be so cool.

Just so the work won't be done double, just pick any of my roles and please state them here, the ones you want to PL. Then the other can take care of other roles.

thanks !!!

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

I'll start with Richard if that's OK.

Cheers
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: April 18th, 2020, 2:44 am I'll start with Richard if that's OK.
thank you, super. That will be a huge task done then. I'm curious how you will like my interpretation. Will I be the first female Richard ? :lol:

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty wrote: April 18th, 2020, 4:28 am thank you, super. That will be a huge task done then. I'm curious how you will like my interpretation. Will I be the first female Richard ? :lol:
Sonia
I thought Richard only had a few lines. Just downloaded them and realised it's quite a big part. (Especially for a girl. :wink: )
Cheers
Craig
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: April 18th, 2020, 4:40 amI thought Richard only had a few lines.
why would you think that if he is the title protagonist :hmm: (oh wait...was this a joke ? )

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

All of King Richard are PL OK

Accept Richard 4 1

Not sure if this is relevent.
10s Before I have shook off the regal thoughts...
I think regal should be REE gal, I hear Ray gl

Missing Lines 1:57 - Line 195 on in book
Your cares set up do not pluck my cares down.
My care is loss of care, by old care won:
Your care is gain of care, by new care won:
The cares I give, I have, though given away;
They tend the crown, yet still with me they stay.

Excellent reading, sounds great, look forward to hearing things put together.

Do we know what play is next on the list. I would like to start reading etc. I know it's way off yet.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: April 18th, 2020, 8:20 am 10s Before I have shook off the regal thoughts...
I think regal should be REE gal, I hear Ray gl
oh I thought it would be pronounce regg-el (like "egg"). My non-native speaker mistake then, sorry. Will change it

And missing lines :shock: how could I overlook so many !!! Now I hope I can get back into character and voice again. This is the problem when the PLing takes so long... Well, I see what I can do, probably tomorrow morning when I'm up alone.
Do we know what play is next on the list. I would like to start reading etc. I know it's way off yet.
we have not decided yet. But we can discuss it in an email discussion if you feel it necessary already. Though right now I don't see how I can find the time to start anything new yet.

Thank you for the PL, Craig :9:

Sonia