COMPLETE: The Five Nations Vol. 2 by Rudyard Kipling -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JoshBothell

Post by JoshBothell »

I'll take #10 The Settler and #16 Two Kopjes.
This is my first recording but my 1 minute test was okayed and I think I am ready to go!
I am happy to just go under my name, Josh Bothell.
Last edited by JoshBothell on March 30th, 2020, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

May I add section 20 (Stellenbosch) to my list?
Last edited by alanmapstone on March 30th, 2020, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

saumyamadhan

Post by saumyamadhan »

I'd like to read section 4, 'The Files'. Thanks!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

saumyamadhan wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 1:30 pm I'd like to read section 4, 'The Files'. Thanks!
I'd be glad to have your read for this project,
But, we ask that you first complete a one-minute test recording to check out your technical specifications. You can find instructions on this in the Newbie Guide to Recording for which you will find a link in bullet point 2 in the first post in this thread. And, I'd suggest reading through that guide which has a lot of good information that will get you off to a good start.

Once you've got the "OK" on your test recording, post back here and I'll sign you up.
Be sure to let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog for credit.
~ Larry
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

alanmapstone wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:55 pm May I add section 20 (Stellenbosch) to my list?
Did you miss this?
Alan
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

alanmapstone wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 10:38 pm
alanmapstone wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:55 pm May I add section 20 (Stellenbosch) to my list?
Did you miss this?
You've got it!
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

JoshBothell wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:47 pm I'll take #10 The Settler and #16 Two Kopjes.
This is my first recording but my 1 minute test was okayed and I think I am ready to go!
I am happy to just go under my name, Josh Bothell.
Well, congratulations and WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap: :clap:

I've put you in for these two sections. Just click on you name in the Magic Window to see your personal catalog page where you can track all of your LV projects.

Let me know if you have any questions.
I am thinking of having one of our South African readers put together a pronunciation guide for some of the names and places, so let me know if you're uncertain about anything.

All the best,
~ Larry
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Section 20 - Stellenbosh (time 3:00)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fivenationsvol2_20_kipling_128kb.mp3

I believe that some of these poems were intended to be performed on stage in Music Halls recited in the voice of a ordinary soldier. I have tried to read it in that style. If you don't like it I could redo it more conventionally. (Kipling was a great fan of the Music Halls)

May I now also claim section 22 (Piet)
Alan
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

alanmapstone wrote: April 5th, 2020, 4:35 am Section 20 - Stellenbosh (time 3:00)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fivenationsvol2_20_kipling_128kb.mp3

I believe that some of these poems were intended to be performed on stage in Music Halls recited in the voice of a ordinary soldier. I have tried to read it in that style. If you don't like it I could redo it more conventionally. (Kipling was a great fan of the Music Halls)

May I now also claim section 22 (Piet)
You may be right!
I'm sure your interpretation is fine, and I'll listen for my own intertainment.
And, you have Piet. Thanks so much.
~ Larry
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

A stellar performance of Stellenbosh! PL OK
saumyamadhan

Post by saumyamadhan »

Just got the OK for my minute test. May I now submit a recording for section 4?
silverquill wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 7:16 pm
saumyamadhan wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 1:30 pm I'd like to read section 4, 'The Files'. Thanks!
I'd be glad to have your read for this project,
But, we ask that you first complete a one-minute test recording to check out your technical specifications. You can find instructions on this in the Newbie Guide to Recording for which you will find a link in bullet point 2 in the first post in this thread. And, I'd suggest reading through that guide which has a lot of good information that will get you off to a good start.

Once you've got the "OK" on your test recording, post back here and I'll sign you up.
Be sure to let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog for credit.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

saumyamadhan wrote: April 7th, 2020, 7:24 pm Just got the OK for my minute test. May I now submit a recording for section 4?
Great!

I'll save this for you, and you are free to record. :thumbs:

Before I can officially assign it to you, I need to add you to the LV catalog, so I need to know how you would like to be listed. Many of us just use our real names since this is how we are credited for our work, but you may choose any pseudonym or nickname that you wish.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX! :clap: :clap:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
saumyamadhan

Post by saumyamadhan »

Great, I will just go by Saumya Madhan then.
Thanks!
silverquill wrote: April 7th, 2020, 8:53 pm
saumyamadhan wrote: April 7th, 2020, 7:24 pm Just got the OK for my minute test. May I now submit a recording for section 4?
Great!

I'll save this for you, and you are free to record. :thumbs:

Before I can officially assign it to you, I need to add you to the LV catalog, so I need to know how you would like to be listed. Many of us just use our real names since this is how we are credited for our work, but you may choose any pseudonym or nickname that you wish.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX! :clap: :clap: