COMPLETE: Bill the Conqueror by P.G. Wodehouse -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

What is this, the chapter that never ends? :lol: Glad to see Judson got some more page time in this part.

A few notes for this one:
There's repeated popping from 12:30-13:30, 24:00-25:00, 26:02, 28:47, 36:47, 39:36.
30:35 is very rushed
32:44 there's a brief patch of noise
36:04 not sure if this is a repeat or part of the text
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
carolpelster

Post by carolpelster »

I just put up Section 5. I will take a look at Section 4. I am not sure if it is fixable with all those problems. I might have to record it again.
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

carolpelster wrote: March 31st, 2020, 3:10 pm I just put up Section 5. I will take a look at Section 4. I am not sure if it is fixable with all those problems. I might have to record it again.
Maybe just those couple of longer sections - most of the rest sounded reasonably easy to touch up.
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
carolpelster

Post by carolpelster »

Okay. I tried to get rid of the pops and other problems in section 4. It is a matter of doubt whether the repairs make it sound better or worse, though. It is so hard to match my voice to what I have recorded previously.

That Judson, he is a funny character. Is there any other character in literature who ever flew up in an airplane and dropped dollar bills down on the people? A generous spirit, but very wacky.
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

I can't believe Bill opened the door to a woman without his coat on! Oh the horror! I love Judson's money making scheme. :lol:

PL notes:
39:15 I hear Justin instead of Judson
You said chapter 3 part 1 at the start of the recording but only chapter 3 at the end

I'll have another listen to part 4 tomorrow.
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

The updated version of part 4 sounds good to me apart from 32:44. Is it possible to re-record just that section and insert it into the recording?
carolpelster

Post by carolpelster »

I fixed section 5 and added section 6. I hope to take a look at section 4 again very soon, to see what can be done with it.
carolpelster

Post by carolpelster »

I did another repair on section 4. From 35:25 to 39:25 is new.
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

4 and 5 are now good, as is 6 apart from a repeat at 10:40.
carolpelster

Post by carolpelster »

I have added sections 7, 8, and 9. I think I have too much spare time these days!
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

I guess so! I do too so it shouldn't take me too long to get through them. I'm really grateful to have this place to keep me busy.
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

I think section 7 is my favourite so far. The only problem is another Justin at 5:40.
carolpelster

Post by carolpelster »

Can you please check sections 6 and 7 again?

Bill is definitely a man of action and not of philosophical contemplation. He is the one you want when you need to be rescued. It will be interesting to see what he can do against the likes of Slingsby (what a name!).
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

Part 6 to 8 are now PL OK. I'm having a great time listening to you read this book :D
carolpelster

Post by carolpelster »

I added sections 10 and 11.