[FULL] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 7 (Part II) - kit

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
KateG
Posts: 240
Joined: January 10th, 2020, 1:57 am
Location: Germany

Post by KateG » March 31st, 2020, 8:11 am

KateG wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 2:02 pm
Kitty wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 12:48 pm
Kate: you can do it now if you wish but you can also do it later, as you wish.
Ok, I'll listen to the parts tomorrow, except for my own though :mrgreen:
Blue Highlight, Green Font and Pink Font of # 56 - The Deserted Village are all PL ok :mrgreen:

There is one 2-seconds-long silence in one of the parts but I can shorten that a bit when editing it all together, right?
Reader's Page 13871

cc welcome!

"You're evil, you know that?", I said. She grinned and shook her head: "Chaotic neutral, sugar"
(Ernest Cline - Ready Player One)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23476
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » March 31st, 2020, 10:50 am

KateG wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 8:11 am
Blue Highlight, Green Font and Pink Font of # 56 - The Deserted Village are all PL ok :mrgreen:
There is one 2-seconds-long silence in one of the parts but I can shorten that a bit when editing it all together, right?
strange, was it in mine ?

But yes, as editor you can cut the pauses a bit if you wish. It should sound good in the end. Also the volume should be adjusted and maybe some noisecleaning. Not that one speaks very loud and the next one whispers.

Sonia

KateG
Posts: 240
Joined: January 10th, 2020, 1:57 am
Location: Germany

Post by KateG » March 31st, 2020, 10:56 am

Kitty wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 10:50 am
KateG wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 8:11 am
Blue Highlight, Green Font and Pink Font of # 56 - The Deserted Village are all PL ok :mrgreen:
There is one 2-seconds-long silence in one of the parts but I can shorten that a bit when editing it all together, right?
strange, was it in mine ?

But yes, as editor you can cut the pauses a bit if you wish. It should sound good in the end. Also the volume should be adjusted and maybe some noisecleaning. Not that one speaks very loud and the next one whispers.

Sonia
No, wasn't yours :wink:

I just wanted to make sure it's ok to edit the pauses - I've learned that some like them longer than others :mrgreen:
Reader's Page 13871

cc welcome!

"You're evil, you know that?", I said. She grinned and shook her head: "Chaotic neutral, sugar"
(Ernest Cline - Ready Player One)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23476
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » March 31st, 2020, 11:22 am

KateG wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 10:56 am
I just wanted to make sure it's ok to edit the pauses - I've learned that some like them longer than others :mrgreen:
yes for solos, one should accept more the soloist's vision. But in dramatic readings, it's the editor's choice usually.

Sonia

AdamBielka
Posts: 304
Joined: December 18th, 2019, 1:05 am
Location: Cascadia

Post by AdamBielka » March 31st, 2020, 12:47 pm

Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news

AdamBielka
Posts: 304
Joined: December 18th, 2019, 1:05 am
Location: Cascadia

Post by AdamBielka » March 31st, 2020, 1:55 pm

Tried to go for the "shouting across boat through loud sea storm noises" type voice, aught else I miss an opportunity to try a different voice type!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_108_mate_various_128kb.mp3
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23476
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 1st, 2020, 3:23 am


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23476
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 1st, 2020, 3:55 am

Kate: your section in The deserted village is also PL ok.

Adrian: your Middle English is fantastic ! Of all the pronunciation rules I remember from my university courses, especially, the ch-sound and the rolled 'r' and the end-e, you did them all correctly as far as I can tell. It sounds quite like Chaucer :mrgreen: Also PL ok. And I uploaded my own part of the host, if you could PL this as well and then it's ready to be assembled. You are the editor for this one, so have fun with that. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_093_host_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:02 min.

Sonia


KateG
Posts: 240
Joined: January 10th, 2020, 1:57 am
Location: Germany

Post by KateG » April 1st, 2020, 8:33 am

I got four more DRs for you. I tried something new for me with the "Spectres" (since it says there are multiple in the text), please let me know if you think it's too unpleasant to listen to :lol:

Spectres:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_082_spectres_various_128kb.mp3

Zorayda:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_083_zorayda_various_128kb.mp3

Lady from The Glove and the Lions:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_085_lady_various_128kb.mp3

Lady from The Glove:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_086_lady_various_128kb.mp3
Reader's Page 13871

cc welcome!

"You're evil, you know that?", I said. She grinned and shook her head: "Chaotic neutral, sugar"
(Ernest Cline - Ready Player One)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23476
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 1st, 2020, 10:02 am

KateG wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 8:33 am
I got four more DRs for you. I tried something new for me with the "Spectres" (since it says there are multiple in the text), please let me know if you think it's too unpleasant to listen to :lol:
I had a listen, and indeed I think it sounds a bit confusing. Without a text a didn't understand much. :( I think it's better to keep only one voice. In another poem I also played "the mothers" and only left one voice. It's ok to do that. Merging is very difficult to make it sound understandable.

What I often do with spectral voices it using a slight Reverb effect. Have you tried that ? It's under the Effects menu. It sounds cool and ghostly usually.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23476
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 1st, 2020, 11:21 am


adrianstephens
Posts: 963
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » April 2nd, 2020, 3:55 am

Kitty wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 3:55 am
Kate: your section in The deserted village is also PL ok.

Adrian: your Middle English is fantastic ! Of all the pronunciation rules I remember from my university courses, especially, the ch-sound and the rolled 'r' and the end-e, you did them all correctly as far as I can tell. It sounds quite like Chaucer :mrgreen: Also PL ok. And I uploaded my own part of the host, if you could PL this as well and then it's ready to be assembled. You are the editor for this one, so have fun with that. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_093_host_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:02 min.

Sonia
Thank you Sonia. I now get to return the privilege. Thanks for your recording, I suspect you are closer to the language of the time than I. Lovely recording and definitely PL OK.

Here's the assembled section 93: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_093_various_128kb.mp3 @ 15:52 ready for PL. I suspect that will be the easiest bit of editing I ever do:0).
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
...
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23476
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 2nd, 2020, 4:13 am

adrianstephens wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 3:55 am
I now get to return the privilege. Thanks for your recording, I suspect you are closer to the language of the time than I.
thank you. It's been some years, but I was trying to recall all I could of the pronunciation rules. I studied Medieval English language and literature at university, so these texts should be quite familiar to me :mrgreen:
I suspect that will be the easiest bit of editing I ever do:0).
:lol: true, once there are 4 or 5 readers it will take a bit more of copying hither and thither ;) but apart from having more soundfiles open, the copying system is basically the same.

I'll update the MW and let's hear what Anthony has to say about it

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23476
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 2nd, 2020, 6:32 am

and two more difficult bits, in dialect. I tried to make as much sense as I could for Muckle-Moud Meg :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_099_narrator_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4:18 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_104_dame_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:55 min.

Sonia

Post Reply