[Complete] Kit and Kitty by R.D. Blackmore -lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Yes, the job is alright. I'm a Mechanical Engineer for a company that makes parts for the railroad. Now that IL is, shelter in place, we're told we can go in if it's needful, as transportation is still necessary.

Personally, I'm thinking I can finish this book! I just finished recording Ch 16. I'm working on 8's editing.

Take care! Let this be a great time to reconnect with God. No downside to that! 😁
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Sounds great! I’m looking forward to more. :)

That’s right! Life so often gets busy and one tends to neglect 'the one thing needful'. (Luke 10:42) I've heard talk of this being a sign of end times. And I thought, 'God is very gracious in giving us this warning! What if He had only kept as much of His word as we sometimes do of ours and skipped the warning?' May all be preparing.

Take care,
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 8 and 9 are ready.
I don't believe He will give any sort of sign, since He has already given it. People have been predicting His return and seeing signs in every sort of trouble.
The truth of it is, trouble will always be with us in some form, so one day one of the predictors will be right.
You are right, though, in our need to be ready no matter what, and rejoice in that moment when it comes!
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

True that. The Bible does also say that He'll come as a thief in the night, just when people least expect...

I'll get at those files as soon as I dare. Other people are also sending in files for my PL faster than I can keep up right now. :lol:
~Rosebud
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Keith, I’m not sure if you follow the Facebook page, but Cripps got a rave review, and the listener who recommended it described you as a wonderful reader :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Wow! No, I didn't, but that's really great to hear! Thanks for sharing.
I was wondering if anyone was listening.
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Sections 8 - 11 are PL OK :thumbs:

Shh! Don’t tell that I did yours first! Just needed some easy PLing... 8-)
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

My lips are sealed...and my cheeks are red!
Thanks!
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Hey Rosebud! I know you said you were busy, and that's cool. I just wanted to check in with you to know if you're alright.
I hope all is well.

Keith
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Yeah, I’ve been sneaking in and listening a little here and there. Just not as quickly through them as I’d like. Guess I’ll post what I’ve got so far...

Section 12
~9:41, skipped the word 'I', but I’m not surprised if you’d rather leave it then fiddle with it. Here’s the context: “This I promised very readily; not only to keep him on my side,”... If you edit it, let me know, but I’m marking it OK for now.

Section 13 PL OK
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Section 14 PL OK

Section 15 PL Notes:
~12:42 repeat, "Sam, it shall never come off;"

Haha! He just had to throw 'Cinnaminta' in here somewhere, didn't he! Perhaps he's running out of fresh names. :)
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I uploaded the corrected Ch 15.
I can't believe I missed that!

It seems there is a lot of traffic on the site? I'm guessing, because I've had trouble uploading in the evenings.

Take care,
Keith
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Yeah, I think people are needing something to fill their time with. :) I’ll check it as soon as RL allows, thanks!
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Chapters 15 - 18 are PL OK :thumbs:

Typical Blackmore story - much more complicated than you'd think at the out set! I'm enjoying it. :)
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

In case anyone's scoring at home, that's 25 chapters in 22 days!