COMPLETE[DR]DR Scene and Story Collection, Volume 002 by Various - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

LCaulkins wrote: February 27th, 2020, 12:00 pm #8, Benjamin Button, is complete and ready for proofing! :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drsceneandstoryvol002_08_various_128kb.mp3 (1:03:44)
Proofing now. And cast list fixed.

EDIT: PL OK! I like the story - I lived 10 years on Mt Vernon Place in Baltimore just like Benjamin says in the story (and as the Fitzgerald's did nearby for some time).

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Here is another updated status report on this project.

DRs 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are complete. 80% completed. Hooray!

DR 3 (BC=ChuckW) has all parts claimed, awaiting submittal of Mr C Dupin.

DR 10 (BC=silverquill) has all parts submitted, with narrator needing PL fixes before assembly.

The end is in sight.

Thanks, Todd
SeamusD

Post by SeamusD »

Hey there, just an update, it took me longer than I would like to get my new little studio set up, but I should be good to go now! Planning to record for Dupin in The Purloined Letter and submit for PL by the end of the week.

Seamus
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

SeamusD wrote: March 17th, 2020, 3:22 pm Hey there, just an update, it took me longer than I would like to get my new little studio set up, but I should be good to go now! Planning to record for Dupin in The Purloined Letter and submit for PL by the end of the week.

Seamus
Thanks Seamus!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here is the final recording for Retrieved Reformation:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drsceneandstoryvol002_10_various_128kb.mp3 19:22
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. Do you have someone to PL it, or are you looking for someone here to do that?

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ToddHW wrote: March 29th, 2020, 12:10 pm Great. Do you have someone to PL it, or are you looking for someone here to do that?

Thanks, Todd
I don't have a PL lined up, but I could recruit one if need be.
There is still one short narrator line missing. It was a new reader who hasn't checked back in despite several PMs. It is not an essential line, and the casual listener wouldn't notice it, so I decided to submit the piece as it is.
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I downloaded it to PL.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Nice story, especially the twist in the ending. Just a few comments and only one action required:

At 12:24 you jump ahead two pages for 10 seconds (to "Lot of nickel plated shoe horns in there"). Then you jump back to where you belong. Need to delete that line here.

When you get to where "Lot of nickel plated shoe horns in there" appears in the script at 14:31, it is correctly repeated. So no action required there.

The missing narration line at 16:02 isn't critical, so I agree with leaving it out.

Thanks, Todd
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

Todd, I was wondering if you are planning on starting another DR Scene and Story Collection after this one. I see it's almost finished and I have been marking up another short story for a script...
April
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Well, since you ask, I guess I'll have to do that. Soon.

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks for taking the time to PL this for me!
O. Henry is known for his "twist" endings.

Clipped the odd piece out, so should be good to go:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drsceneandstoryvol002_10_various_128kb.mp3 19:11
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Good to go. PL OK.

So only one more to finish for this collection!

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Chuck,
I see your Narrator part for The Purloined Letter is still marked Ready for PL
So, I took the opportunity to listen and have just a few minor notes. Probably you can go with it "as is" since these are minor, but thought I'd mention them.

Let me know if you need help editing, and I'd be glad to lend a hand.

NARRATOR

Volume too low at only 84 dB, so this will need some adjustment in editing.

~ 4:33 Missed line, “replied the Prefect” (This can be grabbed from another line)
10:47 Text: “more entirely depressed in spirits than I had ever known the good gentleman before” Reading: omits the word good. Not critical, so your option.

12:04 Text: “I was astounded. I hear: “I was astonished” - minor, so your option again.
~ Larry
SeamusD

Post by SeamusD »

Completed this part, though I realize I'll have to add my name to it tonight. I hope I got formatting and volume all right, but I will be back later today to check on that stuff. Thanks for bearing with me as I complete this, has been a fun read!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/purloinedletter_dupin_poe.mp3