COMPLETE [FICTION] A Red Wallflower by Susan Warner-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
HannahMary
Posts: 871
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » March 25th, 2020, 2:14 pm

RSlabaugh wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 3:56 pm
njgorgen wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 1:10 pm
Here is Sec 45 - 30m31s Nancy

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_45_warner_128kb.mp3
PL OK :)

Hannah, I hope it's OK with you that I went ahead and entered this in the MW.
Yes, thank you! And sorry again!
~ Hannah
IG: Hannah.Mary.Knits
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

Readers needed for:
There and Back by George MacDonald

HannahMary
Posts: 871
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » March 25th, 2020, 2:18 pm

Thank you, Yvonne! Don't worry, you are still within your two month window since claiming these chapters. But it's great to know you are still on board! After your two chapters, the remainder of this book has been recorded, but I'll post in this thread if I get another similar project started as I'd love to work with you more!
ymdht wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 4:34 pm
Hello,

Apologies for the delay. I was out of town and unable to shorten or read Ch. 43. I am back home and will complete Ch. 43 and sign up for any available readings.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_42_warner_128kb.mp3

Thank you,

Yvonne
ymdht
~ Hannah
IG: Hannah.Mary.Knits
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

Readers needed for:
There and Back by George MacDonald

HannahMary
Posts: 871
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » March 25th, 2020, 2:29 pm

njgorgen wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 8:52 am
Here is the final chapter! Sec 48 - 33m56s Nancy Really enjoyed the book! Any other project you can recommend for me? :D :D :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_48_warner_128kb.mp3
Thanks so much for all your work on this book, Nancy! I've been pondering starting another book as a group project but haven't picked quite yet. Are you at all familiar with George MacDonald's novels? They are somewhat along the lines of the authors you have worked with me on so far, but a little older, so there are some chapters that get more mysterious or "Gothic." He's still one of my favorite authors. If it would help, I have blogged about his books at the following site and answered more questions in the comments at the bottom.
https://comebestill.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-seaboard-parish.html
~ Hannah
IG: Hannah.Mary.Knits
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

Readers needed for:
There and Back by George MacDonald

njgorgen
Posts: 366
Joined: August 15th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Post by njgorgen » March 25th, 2020, 5:50 pm

So funny you should mention that author - I just signed on for chapters in the book St George and St Michael! :D

HannahMary
Posts: 871
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » March 25th, 2020, 6:06 pm

njgorgen wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 5:50 pm
So funny you should mention that author - I just signed on for chapters in the book St George and St Michael! :D
That's great! I am waiting to hear that finished! I had listened to the first two parts of the book and thought that was all until I recently saw this project. :D
~ Hannah
IG: Hannah.Mary.Knits
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

Readers needed for:
There and Back by George MacDonald

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1037
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » March 25th, 2020, 9:53 pm

HannahMary wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 12:53 pm
Wow... I quit getting notifications a while back for no reason. Sorry for my silence, and thanks for keeping things going meanwhile! I will catch up after a bit more work getting online lessons ready for my piano students!
No problem! But I was getting a little worried about you. I’ll try to get caught up here soon as well.
~Rosebud

My DPL List

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1037
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » March 26th, 2020, 7:56 am

ymdht wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 4:34 pm
Hello,

Apologies for the delay. I was out of town and unable to shorten or read Ch. 43. I am back home and will complete Ch. 43 and sign up for any available readings.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_42_warner_128kb.mp3

Thank you,

Yvonne
ymdht
PL notes:
*Intro should include book title and author after the LV disclaimer. Before the disclaimer, you need only the book title.

*Outro should be "End of chapter 42."

*End silence is now 4.3 seconds. (Or did my laptop miss downloading the whole file?) To check the length in audacity, I like setting it so that I see the length of selection in the last(?) box on the bottom. (In case that's something you haven't yet discovered. :))

Sorry for giving you more notes! I obviously did a sloppy job of not check the intro and outro the other time. :oops:

Edit: It’s ok to leave the end silence as is- see Hannah’s post. So I guess my tip is in case it comes in handy for future files. :)
Last edited by RSlabaugh on March 26th, 2020, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Rosebud

My DPL List

HannahMary
Posts: 871
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » March 26th, 2020, 8:15 am

RSlabaugh wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 7:56 am
ymdht wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 4:34 pm
Hello,

Apologies for the delay. I was out of town and unable to shorten or read Ch. 43. I am back home and will complete Ch. 43 and sign up for any available readings.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_42_warner_128kb.mp3

Thank you,

Yvonne
ymdht
PL notes:
*Intro should include book title and author after the LV disclaimer. Before the disclaimer, you need only the book title.

*Outro should be "End of chapter 42."

*End silence is now 4.3 seconds. (Or did my laptop miss downloading the whole file?) To check the length in audacity, I like setting it so that I see the length of selection in the last(?) box on the bottom. (In case that's something you haven't yet discovered. :))

Sorry for giving you more notes! I obviously did a sloppy job of not check the intro and outro the other time. :oops:
Thanks for all your good, detailed proofing, Rosebud! Since the first post says to leave "about 5 seconds" at ends of files, I wouldn't worry about getting closer this time. But I'm so glad you can share your tips from Audacity with readers, since I don't know how to run that version! (I use Audition.)
~ Hannah
IG: Hannah.Mary.Knits
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

Readers needed for:
There and Back by George MacDonald

HannahMary
Posts: 871
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » March 26th, 2020, 8:16 am

RSlabaugh wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 9:53 pm
HannahMary wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 12:53 pm
Wow... I quit getting notifications a while back for no reason. Sorry for my silence, and thanks for keeping things going meanwhile! I will catch up after a bit more work getting online lessons ready for my piano students!
No problem! But I was getting a little worried about you. I’ll try to get caught up here soon as well.
Thanks for the concern! I should have kept checking even without notifications, but I guess I was distracted enough that it didn't feel unusually long since I'd last heard. :)
~ Hannah
IG: Hannah.Mary.Knits
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

Readers needed for:
There and Back by George MacDonald

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1037
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » March 28th, 2020, 2:24 pm

njgorgen wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 8:52 am
Here is the final chapter! Sec 48 - 33m56s Nancy Really enjoyed the book! Any other project you can recommend for me? :D :D :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_48_warner_128kb.mp3
PL OK :clap:

Thank you for all the great work you put into these recordings! I enjoyed working with you here! :)
~Rosebud

My DPL List

ymdht
Posts: 41
Joined: January 16th, 2020, 8:42 pm

Post by ymdht » March 29th, 2020, 3:49 pm

Hello,

Attached is Ch. 42 edited. Thank you Rosebud for noting the needed changes. I am a Newbie here. This is a high learning curve for me. Thank you for your patience, HannahMary

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_42_warner_128kb.mp3

I am also attaching Ch. 43, 17.32.061 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_43_warner.mp3



Thank you,

Yvonne




RSlabaugh wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 7:56 am
ymdht wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 4:34 pm
Hello,

Apologies for the delay. I was out of town and unable to shorten or read Ch. 43. I am back home and will complete Ch. 43 and sign up for any available readings.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_42_warner_128kb.mp3

Thank you,

Yvonne
ymdht
PL notes:
*Intro should include book title and author after the LV disclaimer. Before the disclaimer, you need only the book title.

*Outro should be "End of chapter 42."

*End silence is now 4.3 seconds. (Or did my laptop miss downloading the whole file?) To check the length in audacity, I like setting it so that I see the length of selection in the last(?) box on the bottom. (In case that's something you haven't yet discovered. :))

Sorry for giving you more notes! I obviously did a sloppy job of not check the intro and outro the other time. :oops:

Edit: It’s ok to leave the end silence as is- see Hannah’s post. So I guess my tip is in case it comes in handy for future files. :)

HannahMary
Posts: 871
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » March 29th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Thank you, Yvonne! You've brought us to an exciting point in this project! I just noticed while copying your file into the MW, though, that the file name is just missing the _128kb near the end.
ymdht wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 3:49 pm
Hello,

Attached is Ch. 42 edited. Thank you Rosebud for noting the needed changes. I am a Newbie here. This is a high learning curve for me. Thank you for your patience, HannahMary

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_42_warner_128kb.mp3

I am also attaching Ch. 43, 17.32.061 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_43_warner.mp3



Thank you,

Yvonne
~ Hannah
IG: Hannah.Mary.Knits
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

Readers needed for:
There and Back by George MacDonald

ymdht
Posts: 41
Joined: January 16th, 2020, 8:42 pm

Post by ymdht » March 29th, 2020, 4:35 pm

Hi HannaMary.

Oops, I will add 128 tomorrow and resend.

Thank you so much for the compliment. I look forward to working with you as well.


~Yvonne

HannahMary wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 2:18 pm
Thank you, Yvonne! Don't worry, you are still within your two month window since claiming these chapters. But it's great to know you are still on board! After your two chapters, the remainder of this book has been recorded, but I'll post in this thread if I get another similar project started as I'd love to work with you more!
ymdht wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 4:34 pm
Hello,

Apologies for the delay. I was out of town and unable to shorten or read Ch. 43. I am back home and will complete Ch. 43 and sign up for any available readings.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_42_warner_128kb.mp3

Thank you,

Yvonne
ymdht

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1037
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » March 29th, 2020, 6:40 pm

ymdht wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 3:49 pm
Hello,

Attached is Ch. 42 edited. Thank you Rosebud for noting the needed changes. I am a Newbie here. This is a high learning curve for me. Thank you for your patience, HannahMary

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_42_warner_128kb.mp3

Thank you,

Yvonne
RSlabaugh wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 7:56 am
PL notes:
*Intro should include book title and author after the LV disclaimer.
We are almost there! This one aspect was missed for the intro (just before chapter title), but maybe we could leave it?? Let's see what HannahMary thinks.

The aspect I think does need to be fixed yet is the volume. Somehow on this last version it dropped just below our range to 85.8 dB. If you could amplify by ~2 dB it should be good.

I always hate making people do more work on their files, especially more than once! :( Sorry!

Thank you for all the efforts you're putting in here!
~Rosebud

My DPL List

HannahMary
Posts: 871
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » March 29th, 2020, 6:50 pm

Good thought, let's not worry about the extra book title and author in this one file. But the volume level is important, as you say. Thank you both!
RSlabaugh wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 6:40 pm
RSlabaugh wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 7:56 am
PL notes:
*Intro should include book title and author after the LV disclaimer.
We are almost there! This one aspect was missed for the intro (just before chapter title), but maybe we could leave it?? Let's see what HannahMary thinks.
~ Hannah
IG: Hannah.Mary.Knits
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

Readers needed for:
There and Back by George MacDonald

Post Reply