[Complete] Letters to Lucilius by Seneca - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

103-105 are all pl ok
linny

Post by linny »

106-118 are all PL OK with the exception of volume where indicated.
linny

Post by linny »

Ha! I knew your name and voice were familiar but I haven't been able to place them. I opened your Forestry project from 2018 as a group project. I hate to see good work go to waste. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70747
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Ah, I break the db limit again! Whoops :oops: I got those levels changed.

Also, I have completed the remaining sections. :9: This has been something I've wanted to do for a while now, being somewhat of a Stoic myself. Hope I did Seneca justice ;)

Oh yes, Fernow's classic text on forestry around the world. I'm a forest ecohydrology professor and I'm obsessed with the history of my field... so I thought that classic text would be fun. lol, it is a very long listing of statistics about forest yields and economics! Ugh! I couldn't do it. Glad you are able to resurrect the project for a group, though. Thanks much! After all, I agree with you, it would be a shame to let the work go to waste!

Thanks sooo much and I look forward to your thoughts,
John
linny wrote: March 20th, 2020, 12:57 pm Ha! I knew your name and voice were familiar but I haven't been able to place them. I opened your Forestry project from 2018 as a group project. I hate to see good work go to waste. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70747
linny

Post by linny »

111-115 are all spot check PL OK.
linny

Post by linny »

119-125 are all PL OK! Congratulations on your new solo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I enjoyed this project a great deal. It was exhausting at times but a worthy text. You did an amazing job. :9:

Forestry project - I broke down the sections some. They seem to be easier for folks and I'm enjoying DPLing that one too.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Looks like this project is ready for some magic... off to the catalog :thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/moral-letters-to-lucilius-epistulae-morales-ad-lucilium-by-lucius-annaeus-seneca/

Congratulations on another project in the catalog :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Yay!! Thanks so much Linny and Lynne! I also really enjoyed this project :)

@Linny - I'll keep an eye on the forestry project. If there are some lingering sections, I'll tackle them :thumbs:

@Lynne - The link sends me to the forum instead of a public librivox page for the project. :hmm: Just curious - does this mean there is an issue with the link?

All the best! Now, onto another Dumas project: The Marie Antoinette Romances (perhaps his weirdest set of books)!
John
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jvanstan wrote: March 26th, 2020, 7:57 am Yay!! Thanks so much Linny and Lynne! I also really enjoyed this project :)

@Linny - I'll keep an eye on the forestry project. If there are some lingering sections, I'll tackle them :thumbs:

@Lynne - The link sends me to the forum instead of a public librivox page for the project. :hmm: Just curious - does this mean there is an issue with the link?

All the best! Now, onto another Dumas project: The Marie Antoinette Romances (perhaps his weirdest set of books)!
John
It means I messed up. Where is the offending link? Is it the one on archive?
linny

Post by linny »

linny

Post by linny »

The running time doesn't look correct though. :hmm: Also, the thread is still in "going solo".
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

linny wrote: March 26th, 2020, 8:54 am It's this one: https://librivox.org/moral-letters-to-lucilius-epistulae-morales-ad-lucilium-by-lucius-annaeus-seneca/ but you already fixed it. :9:
I've moved it to completed.
I didn't fix any links today, so am at a loss.
I'll look at the running time. The validator doesn't always get it right, but it's a big job to do things manually, so it will take a while :roll:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Time is fixed... it was simply that it is over 24 hours long, and the clock resets at 24 hours.

Thanks to hubby for showing me how to do a quick check :clap: :clap:
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Awesome!! Thanks again and again :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: